AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 09:20   Link #9441
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Due to questions and the like, I'd like to clarify: Dedication was inspired by Nodsri from Darkscribes and Spammatorium, who had a signature that inspired this whole thing. It went like this: "Oh Tamaki Nami-chan, I love you; I would wear your skin while rubbing myself erotically." I finally decided, on spur of the moment, to use it as the setup for a fic. (Previously Kagerou always suceeded in talking me out of it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Software is not that expensive, at least not for something massive like Office, it should be around $150. But I think you can get it for free too, at lest here my University gave Microsoft licenses for free thanks to MSDNAA, so if you studied you could have asked for licenses at your university, but if you're graduated probably you lost those benefices.
My monthly salary: RM850.
Legit price of Microsoft Office in Malaysia: RM600.
Money left over: RM 250
Goose's typical monthly costs: RM750.
Amount Goose is short of: -RM500

Thus if I buy Microsoft Office I am broke and unable to even go to work. As I am not a university student and am working, this is an unacceptable expense and situation. Especially since I need to spend at least RM400 a month on fuel and highway tolls just so that I can go to work. (This month my travel costs were RM550. The pain ;___; And that's not counting the manifold repairs my car needs.)

(For the uninitiated: It's like an American earning $850 and having to pay $600 for software. It's just not worth it. *shakes head*)

Quote:
Thanks for the comment Kha, I just checked some of the posts of Goose on OC thread, and he really was mean to you. After his last post here, I don't know what to think...
Kha and I are tsundere to each other. Kha takes it a lot more seriously than I do - and part of the problem stems from the fact that Kha is on a Khrack high while I try and remain grounded in sanity.

Quote:
I was really happy yesterday because someone who isn't very frequent to this thread came here just to dedicate something for me and for Vivio, but now after we gave him our gratitude he showed us a totally different face...
I'm not sure what you mean by showing you a different face since I believe my deadpan snarking was rather obvious. At any rate, while I may have bluntly replied to you and Vivio (I tend to be blunt in my speech), my sentiments towards NanoFate - or more specifically, the NanoFate legion - have been obvious and are a matter of common knowledge, so I have never shown you a different face. You're only just realising it. Though I have to wonder how Vivio can go "Nice Story, thanks," to a story about somebody raping and killing their best friend.

Besides, so what if I prefer Kyouya/Miyuki/Nanoha? I hold a special place for kyoudai-ai in my heart . Ah, a love that cannot be denied~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
After suspending flame alarms, I do wonder what is going on in Fate's head really, to get so OOC. Almost as if she got Grace'd.
Aftermath, the follow-on to Dedication, will address this.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-09-24 at 09:39.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:54   Link #9442
Sassy_Bread
I'm umami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
DIVIDED DESTINY
Two People, Two Paths

Spoiler for Divided Destiny, pt. 02:

Previous Installments
-Intro
-Chapter 01
Although I would now have Nanoha go get something to eat...I think it's time to see how Fate's doing. C.
And yay for Raising Heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I present a rather short, and IMO touching NanoFate piece here, entitled Dedication.

This piece is dedicated to Haru, Vivio Testarossa, and the tireless work of the NanoFate legion, for NF is serious business and more important, than, say, defending the world, fighting the good fight, and killing Taliban.

Spoiler for Dedication:
Oh LOL.
While the hardcore NanoFate fans may see this as a touching story...I kinda actually see the true purpose.
Anyways, beautiful story Goose. Although romantic in a way, it was also very hilarious (but wrong!). So yeah, I kinda agree with everyone else commenting on the fic (minus Kha and the NanoFate legion).
Btw, if you live near an area that uses public transportation, it'd be better if you just use it. It'll probably be cheaper than paying for your gas (regular subway/bus fare here is $2 for one ride, with subway-subway and bus-subway transfers free. Compare that to the prices of gas here...it's almost...$5..?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty
Should you desire to write over 43 million possible combinations, you are free to do so. However most people do not have the time, ability, or will to perform such a daunting task. The way it's being now in the thread is fine and reflects a simple democratic process that gives what most people want.

Stop complaining and just read it.
I agree. For most people, just writing all those possibilities is too much. And letsee...those people have lives, too; their existence is not being tied to a computer and writing fanfiction all day.

Hmm...I actually think somebody wants something else other than for a fanfic writer to actually do a CYOA fanfic with all choices present.
Sassy_Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 10:02   Link #9443
BPHaru

@Wild Goose

So... you don't like NanoFate? You don't post here too much so I didn't know about your personal preferences... from your first post I only saw the user from the Macross sub forum that went here to dedicate us a fic. I thought that you liked our works and that you were grateful for the efforts we are putting on bringing you new stuffs. We don't do it for nothing in exchange, but it's nice to receive this kind of appreciation from the community now and then, so yesterday after writting the post giving you the thanks for the dedicatory I went to sleep with a smile and feeling happy.
This morning when I realized thanks to Kha and your next post that you wrote that fic with ....other intentions?, even if I was very happy when I read it the first time, I can't avoid feeling ...wrecked? I don't know, this is something new to me, I don't recall having someone making something especially to make me feel bad... I don't even want to know the motives behind this fic because now I'm afraid that I did a mistake and that I deserved this kind of punishment.

I'm sorry for reacting this way, it's not like if I liked to feel this bad for something like this, but I'm very sensitive, and it hurts me a lot to see people doing this kind of things on purpose to others...

Saludos.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 10:07   Link #9444
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:
DIVIDED DESTINY
Two People, Two Paths

While it ends in a good way to switch to Fate PoV, Im not ready for it so...
B cause i wanna see what life in her colony is like

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I present a rather short, and IMO touching NanoFate piece here, entitled Dedication.

This piece is dedicated to Haru, Vivio Testarossa, and the tireless work of the NanoFate legion, for NF is serious business and more important, than, say, defending the world, fighting the good fight, and killing Taliban.

Spoiler for Dedication:

Creepy. Good (liked it in fact), but creepy.
Also one of teh NanoFate Loyalist
Old 2008-09-24, 10:12   Link #9445
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Oh don't get me wrong; it's a great short, and one that created a lot of question marks as to why Fate was Nice Boating. Goose already said he'll cover it in future, and so I'm interested.

It's just that Goose went and explained his intentions for writing the short in the OC thread, and later spoke of his reactions to you guys' posts missing the point; that was what I didn't agree with. Nothing to do with the fic, only the author, and yes I shouldn't have let that get in the way of the post. :/
Old 2008-09-24, 10:35   Link #9446
Knight of L-sama
Family Pet

Send a message via MSN to Knight of L-sama
Lots of general replies so I didn't feel like being quote happy.

@ CYOA daunting-ness convo:
Despite the idea that there /are/ 43 million something odd combination, I've actually read a published CYOA or two (I haven't even looked for them in a long time tho so I don't pretend to know them well )
And the thing is, they're carefully manipulated so that several choices eventually lead to the same thread later on, it's just a matter of which detour is taken first. That way, even tho it seems like a lot of choices, it's cut down drastically by overlapping "inevitabilities". Plus, every "chapter" is only one page, and that's like the length (or less) of a lot of shorts you see here, which don't take that long to write I imagine (compared to full length chapter chapters I guess). And if it's a short story in all with a fairly straightforward plot, it's all the more doable.

I'm getting myself of worked up (in a positive way) over this I suppose because now I'm considering making SC2 a "traditional" CYOA story to decide who Hayate ends up with. :\ What might be easier is to make one main storyline and then add in choices at key "chapters" so that if they had made a different decision at this junction, a different choice would have been made. But... meh. Now I'm just rambling.

@Goose+BPHaru+Spellchecking Talk:
I don't know if where you reign from has it, but Firefox browsers now come with spellcheckers for posts and since you posted it under the spoiler tab thingy, you could just scroll through it and doublecheck all the red-underlined words and that would likely help majorly. Firefox is free too~ And there's nothing wrong with OpenOffice spellchecking (tho I use MS word XP most of the time now). I use WordPad for SC2 (cuz it loads faster and I'm too lazy to wait for MS word XP)

Bah... more rambling...

@Peoples about Hayate/Fate/Nanoha storyline: pt. 3 will come sometime after I finish the next ch. of SC2 and make sure I'm still ahead for my studying for classes. :3

@ALL:
Any other recent shorts you'd like to see continued while I'm at it? Speak now or forever hold your peace...
Knight of L-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 11:05   Link #9447
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of L-sama View Post

@ALL:
Any other recent shorts you'd like to see continued while I'm at it? Speak now or forever hold your peace...
*folds in*

I have some short Subaru x OC action/comedy shorts (that are actually snippets from a much larger chapter) but meh... you guys are more concerned about Subaru's "crookedness" than what she could be paired up with

*leaves an MDE Bomb and folds out*
Old 2008-09-24, 11:10   Link #9448
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy_Bread View Post
Oh LOL.
While the hardcore NanoFate fans may see this as a touching story...I kinda actually see the true purpose.
Anyways, beautiful story Goose. Although romantic in a way, it was also very hilarious (but wrong!). So yeah, I kinda agree with everyone else commenting on the fic (minus Kha and the NanoFate legion).
Btw, if you live near an area that uses public transportation, it'd be better if you just use it. It'll probably be cheaper than paying for your gas (regular subway/bus fare here is $2 for one ride, with subway-subway and bus-subway transfers free. Compare that to the prices of gas here...it's almost...$5..?).
I live in Malaysia, Sassy, and there's no good public transport. If I take public transport, it's a 1 hour bus to the city center, and then another 1 hour to my workplace, 2 hours travel, a total of 4 hours per day.

If I drive? 20 minutes down, 20 minutes back. And I have really crappy hours too - if I work night shift, I start at 4pm and I typically get off work about 1 or 2 am, and public transport stops at 11.30 pm, so I'm stuck. So I HAVE to drive. I'm in Malaysia, not America - command of English notwithstanding.

Quote:
I agree. For most people, just writing all those possibilities is too much. And letsee...those people have lives, too; their existence is not being tied to a computer and writing fanfiction all day.

Hmm...I actually think somebody wants something else other than for a fanfic writer to actually do a CYOA fanfic with all choices present.
As a writer, I have one path and one goal in mind. I write to fulfil that goal. Thus I run, not as a man with no purpose. Besides, if you want CYOA, go play Visual Novels and H-games Schoolmate, SB3, AG3 have been rather open-ended of sorts as well (though I prefer Front Mission 3. Mmm wanzer goodness. I'd play 5 but I don't have a PS2 and am running FM3 on a PSX emulator).

Quote:
@Wild Goose

So... you don't like NanoFate? You don't post here too much so I didn't know about your personal preferences... from your first post I only saw the user from the Macross sub forum that went here to dedicate us a fic. I thought that you liked our works and that you were grateful for the efforts we are putting on bringing you new stuffs. We don't do it for nothing in exchange, but it's nice to receive this kind of appreciation from the community now and then, so yesterday after writting the post giving you the thanks for the dedicatory I went to sleep with a smile and feeling happy.
Haru, it's not that I don't like NanoFate, it's that I don't think it's the end-all be-all the way you think it is, and really, you take it much, much too seriously. (Then again I was a member of the Freelance Alliance and Darkscribes, so...) I'm sure the NF legion is grateful for your efforts, but I'm not one of them.

I remember what you told me 7 months ago, that the work of the NanoFate legion is a noble calling equal to that of volunteer firefighters, and I disagree.
Quote:
This morning when I realized thanks to Kha and your next post that you wrote that fic with ....other intentions?, even if I was very happy when I read it the first time, I can't avoid feeling ...wrecked? I don't know, this is something new to me, I don't recall having someone making something especially to make me feel bad... I don't even want to know the motives behind this fic because now I'm afraid that I did a mistake and that I deserved this kind of punishment.
Haru, the world does not revolve around you. Nor does it revolve around NanoFate. This fic was in the planning stages since November 2007 but Kagerou kept talking me out of writing it. Today he wasn't online, so there was nobody to talk me out of this. Hence why I put it up.

As for motives: I want to do a different spin on NanoFate. Most NanoFate fics I see have Fate being the bottom. This is a look at a different kind of Fate. And I also wanted to see what the reactions of the Legion would be, out of a sense of curiosity. To be honest I myself am surprised by the positive reception: I was expecting more negative responses.

Quote:
I'm sorry for reacting this way, it's not like if I liked to feel this bad for something like this, but I'm very sensitive, and it hurts me a lot to see people doing this kind of things on purpose to others...
Haru, as I have said before, and will continue to say again, NanoFate is not everything, and the world does not revolve around you or the Legion. I won't deny being interested in the reactions of the Legion (as well as being apalled on one level - for God's sake Fate RAPED AND MURDERED HER BEST FRIEND, and there are people who're going, "NanoFate, yay!" ).

At any rate, the follow-up piece, Aftermath, will begin soon, as the canon characters and original characters try to pick up the pieces and ask that simple, yet difficult question: Why?

Persons to look out for:

Aurion Dauer: a friend of the Aces, the 36-year-old research mage and psychology expert seeks to uncover what happened to Fate, as a personal favor to Hayate, for he is her oji-chan...

Franz Jaeger: a self-confessed Fate fanboy, this brutal act by his idol has shaken him, and as he interviews her, the battle-hardened mage who grew up on the streets of a vicious civil war learns that the deepest nightmares of the heart can be as bad as the horrors of war...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-09-24, 11:13   Link #9449
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Quote:

@ALL:
Devil!Nanoha/Quack!Fate please

Cuteness, Evil, and Comedy rolled into one
Elfen Lied anyone
Old 2008-09-24, 11:46   Link #9450
Seraph42
Too much Caffine

Sorry for the double post, but has any one read this yet:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4548349/...t_of_the_Heart

Its a nicely done Nanofate/Yuunoha story for those who like ether or both pairings
And from what I've seen Its pretty truthful about Nanoha's heart
Although he/she should have added another chapter for closure.
Old 2008-09-24, 11:47   Link #9451
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesellus View Post
Ooh, Vivio's a rebel. I like how it was Subaru who found them, though I was surprised that she fell unconscious. You freaked me out for a second, One chapter and Karil's already injured!?! But she's all good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai the Reaper View Post
Wasn't expecting that... Subaru literally came out of nowhere. I really thought she had killed the poor little puppy coyote. Karil made it all seem as if tricking Vivio and Subaru was soo easy.
Right... Vita is gonna be killed by Toxipoth and you two are only worried of Vivio been a rebel

"Hugs Vita"

Don't worry Vita, I care for you T3T

XD
Old 2008-09-24, 11:50   Link #9452
BPHaru

Quote:
I remember what you told me 7 months ago, that the work of the NanoFate legion is a noble calling equal to that of volunteer firefighters, and I disagree.
Please, don't twist my words... I do admire the people who work for the sake of other, especially if they sacrifice the security of their lives when they are getting nothing in exchange. I would NEVER degrade the nobility of their act to the level of people which translate comics simply for the fun of others, because a life if more important than anything.
If I mentioned them, I can guarantee that I never looked down on their intentions, so I'm sorry if you misunderstood something I wrote. I used the search function in the forum to see if I have talked about firefighters here before, and if it was bad worded or something, but the only thing I found was this offensive post from your part, degrading me and the Peruvian culture (and I only visited that country one time...):
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1009

Quote:
Haru, the world does not revolve around you.
Quote:
Haru, as I have said before, and will continue to say again, NanoFate is not everything, and the world does not revolve around you or the Legion.
You said that you dedicated it to me, how do you think I couldn't be affected for your intentions?! Also you recognized that you wrote it don't expecting anything good from me, how do you expect I couldn't feel bad?
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 11:56   Link #9453
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Current standings for Divided Destiny:

A) I
B) I
C) IIII
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 12:04   Link #9454
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
You said that you dedicated it to me, how do you think I couldn't be affected for your intentions?! Also you recognized that you wrote it don't expecting anything good from me, how do you expect I couldn't feel bad?
With regards to your statement on firefighters, you made it to me in a PM. That's why you can't find it with the search function.

I also fail to understand how stating that I have never been impressed with Peru, or Latin America, is an offensive statement.

Haru, learn to recognise deadpan snark. That is all I have to say here.

The rest will be handled in PMs so as to avoid igniting yet another flamewar.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-09-24 at 12:16.
Old 2008-09-24, 14:22   Link #9455
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
*peers into the thread*
So what's going on-

What the hell is this?
Like seriously, what the hell is this?

Grraaah, I don't... get it... anymore...

*Begins to throttle the ever living Hell out of Goose*

Stop. Causing! PROBLEMS!

Tempest: O-oi... stop that...
No! I can't take this anymore! Something's gotta give!
Aaron: Kagerou-san, violence is not the answer.... don't strange him...
He's deliberately antagonizing people! What else am I supposed to do guys?!
Tempest: Come on, Kagerou-san, that's enough.
But I-
Keroko: Stop it; let's go, we'll take you away, somewhere you don't have to worry about it, okay?
Keroko-san, but I... it's... *lowers head* ...this is all my fault, minna... you know? I gotta... make it go away... gotta end it...

Tempest: It's out of your hands now, Kagerou-san... come on, let's go...

*Is led by several members of Cadia to a secluded place, in the mountains.*

tl;dr: I'm taking a break from this place. I might show up on chat, or not. I can't take it anymore.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:40   Link #9456
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
*peers into the thread*
So what's going on-

What the hell is this?
Like seriously, what the hell is this?

Grraaah, I don't... get it... anymore...

*Begins to throttle the ever living Hell out of Goose*

Stop. Causing! PROBLEMS!

Tempest: O-oi... stop that...
No! I can't take this anymore! Something's gotta give!
Aaron: Kagerou-san, violence is not the answer.... don't strange him...
He's deliberately antagonizing people! What else am I supposed to do guys?!
Tempest: Come on, Kagerou-san, that's enough.
But I-
Keroko: Stop it; let's go, we'll take you away, somewhere you don't have to worry about it, okay?
Keroko-san, but I... it's... *lowers head* ...this is all my fault, minna... you know? I gotta... make it go away... gotta end it...

Tempest: It's out of your hands now, Kagerou-san... come on, let's go...

*Is led by several members of Cadia to a secluded place, in the mountains.*

tl;dr: I'm taking a break from this place. I might show up on chat, or not. I can't take it anymore.
*pats Kagerou*

I know how you feel.

-------------

2.5 hours left to vote for Divided Destiny.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:49   Link #9457
ThEJeDI6911

C Gotta put the nail in the coffin.
ThEJeDI6911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:25   Link #9458
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
DIVIDED DESTINY
Two People, Two Paths

Previous Installments
-Intro
-Chapter 01
going with A though C has won already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post

The choose of Vivio

Spoiler for Chapter 16:
A trick is always the best way to change perceptions. And now Vivio is going to fight the 7 guys and the TSAB? fair fight i guess

@Thread: The hell is happening? I leave for a few hours and this happens?... just stop now
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:28   Link #9459
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

D (Eat a hamburger), is my choice.

Quote:
Lots of general replies so I didn't feel like being quote happy.

@ CYOA daunting-ness convo:
Despite the idea that there /are/ 43 million something odd combination, I've actually read a published CYOA or two (I haven't even looked for them in a long time tho so I don't pretend to know them well )
And the thing is, they're carefully manipulated so that several choices eventually lead to the same thread later on, it's just a matter of which detour is taken first. That way, even tho it seems like a lot of choices, it's cut down drastically by overlapping "inevitabilities". Plus, every "chapter" is only one page, and that's like the length (or less) of a lot of shorts you see here, which don't take that long to write I imagine (compared to full length chapter chapters I guess). And if it's a short story in all with a fairly straightforward plot, it's all the more doable.

I'm getting myself of worked up (in a positive way) over this I suppose because now I'm considering making SC2 a "traditional" CYOA story to decide who Hayate ends up with. :\ What might be easier is to make one main storyline and then add in choices at key "chapters" so that if they had made a different decision at this junction, a different choice would have been made. But... meh. Now I'm just rambling.

@Goose+BPHaru+Spellchecking Talk:
I don't know if where you reign from has it, but Firefox browsers now come with spellcheckers for posts and since you posted it under the spoiler tab thingy, you could just scroll through it and doublecheck all the red-underlined words and that would likely help majorly. Firefox is free too~ And there's nothing wrong with OpenOffice spellchecking (tho I use MS word XP most of the time now). I use WordPad for SC2 (cuz it loads faster and I'm too lazy to wait for MS word XP)

Bah... more rambling...

@Peoples about Hayate/Fate/Nanoha storyline: pt. 3 will come sometime after I finish the next ch. of SC2 and make sure I'm still ahead for my studying for classes. :3

@ALL:
Devil!Nanoha is a good story, along with that HayaFate one too...

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 16:42   Link #9460
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Current standings for Divided Destiny:

A) II
B) I
C) IIIII

And one vote for D) Death of Nanoha and/or Fate by some cataclysmic disaster.

1.5 hours remaining.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha