AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 11:55   Link #1
willx
Nyaaan~~

Hirunaka no Ryuusei

"Hirunaka no Ryuusei" (ひるなかの流星) also known as "Daytime Shooting Star" is a cute shoujo manga by Yamamori Mika (山森三香)

The story is about Yosano Suzume, a 15 year old girl from the countryside, who's always skipping class and has her head in the clouds. Albeit absent-minded, she's a cheerful active girl and everyday life is pleasant and peaceful. She holds onto a childhood memory of a brilliant star lighting up the sky during the day that she still wonders .. was it just a dream?

One day when she goes home, her father tells her that he and her mother are going to move overseas for his work and she is being sent to Tokyo to live with her uncle. Follow Suzume as she makes friends, adjusts to living in the city and all the characters that she meets!

Initial thoughts:
For whatever reason I've recently been in the mood to read light-hearted slice-of-life stories, and this one hits the nail on the head. Suzume is a character you can't help but love, strong-willed but not unrealistically so for a 15-year old girl, she's not just a frail princess. The guys we are initially introduced to have their own unique personality traits.. as well as being very pretty..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 15:17   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Oh ho? This looks interesting - I enjoy the same genre of light hearted slice of life material. Will give this one a looksee. Seems Vol 01 is available.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 2012-12-08, 13:58   Link #3
willx
Nyaaan~~

Let me know what you think! I just like sharing when I find series that are particularly creative, endearing or cute! I must admit I also find the art style so adorable!

Outlook is positive
Old 2012-12-10, 16:48   Link #4
willx
Nyaaan~~

New chapter! Rain, sickness, fainting.. Oh Suzume, you and your pursuing multiple routes simultaneously..

Outlook is uber positive
Old 2014-02-12, 10:12   Link #5
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This is the best thing since sliced bread. Oh my god, I have discovered a shojo gem.
Old 2014-03-06, 07:56   Link #6
Aesthetic Shampoo

Is anybody actually keeping up with this?

About latest chapter: It feels so good when the couple you were rooting for get together, but the pessimist in me says the author won't be throwing any curveballs at us and the main girl will break up with him to be with her sensei
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 08:37   Link #7
konokon
Banned

Author Played with all kind of cliche and story dragged and dragged and dragged and i only talk discussion about story is about shipping and couple . either readers or fans want to see only romance or all authors over the years have turned readers into romance geeks .

I have followed the story and there are very few pages worth mentioning and like and i am amazed how come this series become popular and get higher rank when there exist and ongoing and much more sold shoujo series are also there . Only Hype can define its popularity though sales wise many other shoujo series are doing quite better than Hirunaka no Ryuusei .

Thankfully this series is ending in 2 months and you all can hope for a good and sensible ENDING .
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 08:00   Link #8
konokon
Banned

FINAL CHAPTER 078 IS RELEASING ON 005 NOVEMBER

Suzume Chan is Meeting Shishio at the Hospital Suzume Chan Ready to Listen Shishio

Suzume Chan Ready to Give an Answer

MAMURA KUN is watching Seo sitting at Beach

According to SPOILERS : SUZUME CHAN CHOSE MAMURA KUN

Last edited by konokon; 2014-11-06 at 06:15.
Old 2014-11-06, 06:16   Link #9
konokon
Banned

SUZUME CHAN LOVE MAMURA KUN

Enjoy everyone

Chapter 78 is out and Mamura Kun FANS Happy Excited Enjoying Celebrating Laughing
Old 2014-12-07, 15:32   Link #10
Bombo
TSF Fans

YES YES YES ...BEST BEST BEST ENDING FOR EVER...IMLOVE YOU AUTHOR...TAHT's the right choice !!! Mamura MAMURA MAMURA....I'm super happy...the uathor made this troll for us...man mamura deserve her more than him .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote