AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 19.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 12.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 5.36%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 16.07%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-23, 01:58   Link #241
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
My bad I phrased that wrong I should have used infatuated ? I cant think of the correct way to say...... :P
However the 'Little time" is because poor writing ,even though they are the main ship for the series, they didnt spend enough time developing the relationship when the entire series was 26 episodes,( I've seen most anime relationships done in 12 ) because they focused on Yunoha, Jin, Andy, and MIX in the entire second half.Plus, whenever they had a good moment, Kagura appears to kidnap her therefore ruining said moment. Also I dont really think she is showing interest in Kagura THAT way. We dont know exactly what she was going to tell Amata before leaving. Her initial interest in Kagura ( same for Amata ) was because she felt a strange sense of deja vu, and everytime he kidnaps her what does she try to do?
run
I cant really see that as romantic interest, but of course you never said the interest was "romantic"
(sorry if all this came of as rant, I'm just passionate )
Which is the point, poor writing ruined the main ship long before the series started kicking the crap out of Zessica for no good reason at all. As for the kidnapping, she only tried to run the first time. When Kagura beat up Amata for the 100th time and took Mikono she didn't struggle at all or try and run.

The only one that can save Evol now is Terada and the Super Robot Wars team. If they can sidestep the Code Geass ending and drop all the love ships and just focus on the Lelouch x Kallen happy ending ship without drawing fire from the rabid shippers of the other girls than they can fix this. They even gave Shinji a pair of balls without drawing fire from anyone, not even from the staff of Evangelion.

Anyway, the final episode is tomorrow correct? I guess we can finally put this behind us... A month or so later after reflecting on why this ship sunk.
Old 2012-06-23, 22:02   Link #242
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I don't think I'm ready for tomorrow's episode. Good thing I have a 4 hour flight from the east coast to keep me calm.
Old 2012-06-23, 22:58   Link #243
Sixth
Hu Tao

I have the feeling that tomorrow episode will be big letdown. Something liek Ancient AQ got destroyed in anti-climatic way.
Old 2012-06-23, 23:32   Link #244
Amata Sora

Can't wait! Tomorrow is the final battle!
Old 2012-06-24, 10:09   Link #245
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

I'm going to wait a little before reading the spoilers for the last ep...

I have really enjoyed this series. It's been flawed but very entertaining, and the show I've been most looking forward to every week. I'll be a little sad to see it end. The series has had gorgeous music and visuals, plenty of action, and many exciting twists. The side characters have been treated very well by the writers, and unfortunately the main four characters and plot suffered from being put on hold, but at least in the last few eps things have got moving again. Mykage and to a lesser extent Fudo really stole the show, and it just wouldn't have been able to work without him. I can only hope that the final ep is full of energy, silliness, and drama. I'll be pleased if it gets a happy ending or breaks Mykage's cycle of bitterness, so that the show can have a firm ending rather than just setting up for another cycle.

With Alicia and Izumo I was probably a bit too harsh before. The ep gave a very bad first impression of their actions towards Amata, but in the end the problem was likely that the writing team simply failed to portray them as intended. With a few small tweaks, they would have been much better parents. Aquarion more or less runs on the rule of cool (or crack...) and sometimes necessary details get lost along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
There is a reason why Apollnius did not make his move on Silvia.

Spoiler for Celiane and Sophia:

Spoiler for Once in a lifetime:

Basically Apollonius life is one big tea ceremony. The people that come are the same but the circumstances will always be unique.

Mikono isn't Silvia anymore than Silvia isn't Celiane.

Apollonius love for Celiane is but once a lifetime. He loved Celiane for who she was.

It's just that Touma and now Mykage tend to crash his tea enjoyment.
Hmm, well said. That's entirely in line with everything Fudo/Apollonius has said, really. He's really not the type to get hung up about reincarnations. It's a healthy attitude, or it would be if Toma had been able to get over the way Apollonius switched to different tea. (Speaking of which, Toma does have a right to be annoyed at being compared to a cup of tea...) Apollonius = the only guy who talks about reincarnation romance with anything like a sense of proportion in the series. Given that he spends his time alternately getting in the way of romance and yelling out approving cries of "SUKIIIIII!!!!!" when he sees someone in love, that may or may not be sad.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:39   Link #246
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Shards of Adam

Looking all the way at the previous episodes from the penultimate one I say that this sequel is not bad, although not that good in comparison to the first one, and there's a point of brief comparison because are filling the threads and holes to connect both series.

Spoiler:

The Aquarion AQ featured at the end of the episode might be the Aquarion both Mikage and Apollonius piloted over 24,000 years ago before Apollonius's first meeting with Celiane; the one that scorched the Earth and brough humans so much tragedy and despair during the mythical era from 24,000 years ago.
Old 2012-06-24, 15:45   Link #247
Amata Sora

Ugh
I'm scared that i wont like this ending
Closed Thread