AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2007-05-20, 18:13   Link #61
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Well I picked up the US release at my local Comic/Anime store (they always break the street date YEA!). I was floored to see it on the shelf.. Amazon does not have it coming out until June 12! Sub only, with some interviews with the voice actresses. I'm on episode 2, just took a break.
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 18:48   Link #62
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
The dvds are dubless? o.0
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 19:59   Link #63
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeytoo0 View Post
The dvds are dubless? o.0
Yes, sadly.. I always like to watch them in both. I'm not sure why Media Blasters decided not to Dub it. I guess that they figured only "hardcore" fans would want the title and that they could not justify spending the money on getting it dubbed.
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 21:42   Link #64
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Yay, I hate dubs :P
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 23:58   Link #65
RaiZaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Yes, sadly.. I always like to watch them in both. I'm not sure why Media Blasters decided not to Dub it. I guess that they figured only "hardcore" fans would want the title and that they could not justify spending the money on getting it dubbed.
Media blasters not dubbing this confounds me because I would have expected them to have dub'd it. I don't mind some dub'd versions of anime(bleach and kenshin uncut come to mind) and I was looking forward to buying them and comparing the voices and such. Now I'm contemplating just buying that boxset that I saw a few months ago for the same price as the first dvd if I'll just get subtitles.
RaiZaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 00:42   Link #66
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeytoo0 View Post
Every series has songs that never get used in the series, what your hearing is probably one of them :P
Hmm

Thats strange..

It'd be nice to have it dubbed, cause I concentrate too much on reading it... It'd be weird with different voices though..
kevin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 06:19   Link #67
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiZaku View Post
Now I'm contemplating just buying that boxset that I saw a few months ago for the same price as the first dvd if I'll just get subtitles.
"That boxset" you saw was a bootleg. If you want to give your money away to pirates, fair enough, that's your choice. But bear in mind the separate DVD releases are really cheap anyway (from an online store). Part of the reason for the low price is because it doesn't have a dub track, only subtitles.

Volume 1, $12.50 Release date 12th June
Volume 2, $12.50 Release date 21st Auguest
Volume 3, $12.50 Release date 23rd October
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 22:11   Link #68
RaiZaku

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
"That boxset" you saw was a bootleg. If you want to give your money away to pirates, fair enough, that's your choice. But bear in mind the separate DVD releases are really cheap anyway (from an online store). Part of the reason for the low price is because it doesn't have a dub track, only subtitles.

Volume 1, $12.50 Release date 12th June
Volume 2, $12.50 Release date 21st Auguest
Volume 3, $12.50 Release date 23rd October
hmm...thanks for that info o.o;; I guess one can overlook that when they are casually browsing the imported dvd's page and hmm..I think I'll grab it from that website. The first few websites I looked them up on had them for around $17.99-19.99. $12.50 is alot more reasonable. Thanks again Xris and

Last edited by RaiZaku; 2007-05-22 at 11:24. Reason: sorry about the linking I'll be more carefull next time ^^;;
Old 2007-05-22, 02:32   Link #69
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I do not shop from DiscountAnimeDVD ... why? because they sell bootlegs and unauthorized imports. They're the sops that sold me terrible versions of first season Nanoha when I was young and stupid (terrible gamma and color saturation).
Old 2007-05-22, 11:21   Link #70
RaiZaku

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I do not shop from DiscountAnimeDVD ... why? because they sell bootlegs and unauthorized imports. They're the sops that sold me terrible versions of first season Nanoha when I was young and stupid (terrible gamma and color saturation).
Ah, That I didnt know again... my friend just told me about it a while ago and I was browsing it to see what they have. Thanks for the heads up Vexx
Old 2007-05-25, 03:08   Link #71
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I recommend dvdpacific.com or rightstuf.com ... they've got great discounts on brand new stuff and often ship before the release date.

I also tend to avoid animecastle.com because of the bootleg issues. Its not even a matter of ethics really --- its that the quality usually sucks.
Old 2007-10-20, 13:11   Link #72
Mearis

On the intro sequence they show the girls playing Hide and Seek, in a meadow with flowers, and a few other scenes not included in any of the 12 episodes or the OVA. Does anybody know if there are more episodes in the works, or if there are movies that continue the story?

Thanks!
Mearis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 15:33   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearis View Post
On the intro sequence they show the girls playing Hide and Seek, in a meadow with flowers, and a few other scenes not included in any of the 12 episodes or the OVA. Does anybody know if there are more episodes in the works, or if there are movies that continue the story?

Thanks!
The scenes in the intro were created and animated specially for the opening sequence. There aren't any more episodes or movies that continue the story, and I doubt that we'll see any. So, I think the OVA is "The End" in terms of Kashimashi anime.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote