3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-09, 20:59   Link #61
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Looks like Arthuria's history went different too here - at least this isn't the same version of the Battle of Camlann we have seen in previous Fate/ series.
And I'm not referring to the lance alone.

If I remember that right there was a sword fight in between, and Arthuria never got disarmed. Moreover the more exhausted one was her, rather than Mordred.
But yeah the differences probably come well with the alternate reality story. minor and large differences.
I also remember Arthuria splitting Mordred's helmet with Excalibur.
Remind you, there is no historical Arthuria, Arthur's legend is a collection of many heroes's legends from Sub-Britain, Roman Empire to Iranian tribes. So Arthuria's legend will be change by the teller even the so called official "Legend of the King Arthur" has a lot of version since 11th century to 17th century.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 07:49   Link #62
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm curious... does Mordred know that her "father" was actually a woman and did she know that Arturia actually wished to relinquish her throne if she had the chance? Thus her original timeline HG wish?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 08:19   Link #63
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm curious... does Mordred know that her "father" was actually a woman and did she know that Arturia actually wished to relinquish her throne if she had the chance? Thus her original timeline HG wish?
I don't think she knew.

And it wasn't until after Mordred was dead and gone that Altria had that wish. In the first place, the Servant Altria is basically just the fragment of her that began to have that wish as she was dying. Her original self was aware that there was no way to actually change anything even if she did redo it, but she really, really wanted to try anyway.
Old 2017-08-10, 09:14   Link #64
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I don't think she knew.

And it wasn't until after Mordred was dead and gone that Altria had that wish. In the first place, the Servant Altria is basically just the fragment of her that began to have that wish as she was dying. Her original self was aware that there was no way to actually change anything even if she did redo it, but she really, really wanted to try anyway.
BTW, who is this Altria?
Old 2017-08-10, 09:31   Link #65
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
BTW, who is this Altria?
The "official" name of Artoria. Which I'm using because it's the only one my phone doesn't auto-correct.
Old 2017-08-10, 09:53   Link #66
Panzercracker

Quote:
The "official" name of Artoria. Which I'm using because it's the only one my phone doesn't auto-correct.
Lolz, yeah, that suck for auto-correct, it is annoy and unable to be turn off. BTW, I think it name is only "official" in FGO, the other titles is Artoria, even in this anime and this episode, Mordred clearly cry Artoria's name is Arthur.
Old 2017-08-10, 10:34   Link #67
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Lolz, yeah, that suck for auto-correct, it is annoy and unable to be turn off. BTW, I think it name is only "official" in FGO, the other titles is Artoria, even in this anime and this episode, Mordred clearly cry Artoria's name is Arthur.
Yeah, TM overrode the localization team (who reportedly preferred Artoria) and went with Altria, which was a niche spelling at best before this.
Old 2017-08-10, 11:03   Link #68
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I prefer Arturia/Artoria because Altria can easily be confused with the Alter title.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-10, 12:45   Link #69
XFire
150% done

Quote:
I prefer Arturia/Artoria because Altria can easily be confused with the Alter title.
So did the ones writing the English script for FGO. But DW and TM outrank them in this, so we got Altria instead.

It hasn't been a popular decision, and I'm honestly hoping it'll eventually be discreetly switched during some update.
Old 2017-08-10, 14:20   Link #70
Panzercracker

Quote:
Or can be misspelled as Attila easily (if I don't wrong, Attila is also named Altera).

Last edited by Panzercracker; 2017-08-10 at 14:33.
Old 2017-08-11, 22:04   Link #71
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Altria actually sounds like a name though so personally I'd say it's better than Artoria.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 04:42   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Altria sounds way too much like Altera, who is a different character entirely. I prefer Artoria.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-12, 05:17   Link #73
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
Altria actually sounds like a name though so personally I'd say it's better than Artoria.
Artoria or Artorius is once of famous family in Ancient-era Rome, it is actually names among of them are Lucius Artorius Castus, Artoria Cleopatra (some historian think this woman maybe Cleopatra VII Philopator). And many historians consider Artorius is a name that closest to Arthur.

And Altria? I found no trace of this name in history that connect to Arthur's legend, except the modern companies in US. Not to mention that, Altria is confused with Altera (Attila) easily.
Old 2017-08-12, 11:24   Link #74
csuree
The Most Hated™

hot damm they put effort in even the news article language, and the cars' license plate too.
even if they were fictional they almost reflected our type of registration numbers.
Since i'm from Romania i appreciate these little things too, makes it more believable.
Old 2017-08-13, 11:50   Link #75
hinode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
That contraption that Fiore was wearing... Was that her wheelchair transformed, or was it something new she put on because she knew she was going into battle?

She should start mass producing them (without the machine gun function) and sell them to hospitals for massive profit. >_>
Late, but Fate/Apocrypha Materials actually went into the detail about how those arms work, and trust me it is not something you'd want to see mass-produced.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 12:16   Link #76
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Why, is a powered by a forsaken child? Is there anything in that verse that isn't?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 23:57   Link #77
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Artoria or Artorius is once of famous family in Ancient-era Rome, it is actually names among of them are Lucius Artorius Castus, Artoria Cleopatra (some historian think this woman maybe Cleopatra VII Philopator). And many historians consider Artorius is a name that closest to Arthur.

And Altria? I found no trace of this name in history that connect to Arthur's legend, except the modern companies in US. Not to mention that, Altria is confused with Altera (Attila) easily.
I said it sounds like an actual name, not that it is one. Altria rolls off the tongue more easily than Artoria which is why, in my opinion, it's a superior translation/name.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 10:19   Link #78
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I was just thinking.....IF kiritsugu fought against Fiore, would it kill her magic circuits if she simply commanded her Mystic Code to attack while Kiritsugu shoots an Origin bullet at her?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 13:48   Link #79
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I was just thinking.....IF kiritsugu fought against Fiore, would it kill her magic circuits if she simply commanded her Mystic Code to attack while Kiritsugu shoots an Origin bullet at her?
Kiritsugu would have shot her in the head with a sniper rifle from a kilometer away.
Old 2017-08-14, 16:09   Link #80
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Kiritsugu would have shot her in the head with a sniper rifle from a kilometer away.
That's true, I mean...you bring Kiritsugu into this and like half of these Masters will fall like dominos. But my real question is that does Fiore need to use her magic circuits while using her Dr. Oct thing.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote