AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 14:53   Link #101
Justin_Brett

Quote:
No, I mean the angel who somehow got stranded at Japan because Touma's father accidentally made an angel...summoning...shrine...thingy (yeah, I don't really get that Arc). The one who in the climax got stalled by Kanzaki Kaori while Touma tried to break the shrine thingy.
Oh, I'm only up to Accelerator. That sounds silly enough for this show, though.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:08   Link #102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
None of those creatures speak human language or wear shoes. It's likely that Garyu only wears that scarf because Lutecia asks him to, and she likely only got it because Sein thought it would be cool.
I highly doubt the ability of a strange critter to speak or wear shoes is going to do anything more than make them go "ooh, it talks!"

Quote:
So, there are people wearing normal Midchildan clothes, but who happen to have longer, pointy ears and no other visible difference.

They could be familiars. Or it could be some sort of mutation. It could be some nonsense the artists threw in because no one would notice it and it wasn't going to impact anything.
Aye, hence possibly.

Last edited by Keroko; 2011-11-26 at 15:46.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 15:12   Link #103
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Yeah its all star trek from there, new planet, new rules, they'd sort it out as quick as a tricorder scan

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 17:29   Link #104
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega1987 View Post
I'm not imposing a challenge but it's quite interesting to see the interaction 2 different persons from different worlds/realities while having either the same/similar background or issue and/or having the same voice due to their VA's and both of them tries to help each other out.

What do you guys think about it?
To continue my response to this idea:

Uchiha Sasuke, Ishida Ryu (Bleach), and Emiya Shirou all share the same voice actor.

They each have extremely different backgrounds, and thus developed into very different characters, but all three have similar temperaments beneath it all.

Of course, none of them are Nanoha-verse characters...

Hayate and Tohsaka Rin share a voice actor. Would Rin have turned out more like Hayate if she'd been wheelchair-bound and had no parents or sister?

I could certainly picture Rin taking over the TSAB from the inside out the way that Hayate seems to be doing.

Didn't Zafira's VA voice someone from FSN? I forget.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 20:20   Link #105
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Checking ANN's encyclopedia: no.

But Kazuya Ichijou did voice Nanoha's father in both the series and the Triangle Heart OVA...
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 21:03   Link #106
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Hayate and Tohsaka Rin share a voice actor.
Well... Nanoha and Luviagelita Edelfeld of F/SN-Realta Nua shares Yukari Tamura as their VA, if you're going to the F/SN characters. Although Luvia got Shizuka Ito as her VA in Unlimited Codes...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 23:57   Link #107
Sunder the Gold

I'm not convinced there's much fundamental similarity between Luvia and Nanoha, or that there's anything either would meaningfully gain from a cross-dimensional link. Broken individuals like Hinata and Fate get a much-needed support-group out of the whole thing, but they were also equals in the sense that both were magical girls.

Since Nanoha doesn't have any magic at the time when she would most benefit from a telepathic connection to another individual (ie: before meeting Arisa and Suzuka), her relationship with Luvia would be rather lopsided. Also, the worlds of Naruto and Nanoha are much more compatible than the worlds of Nasuverse and Nanohaverse, so it's more acceptible for Hinata to have Midchildan tricks than for Luvia to get the same.

With Sasuke, Ishida and Shirou, on the other hand, all three are magical boys and have lost everyone they ever cared about to total massacres. Ryu could learn to not be such a prick (I mean before he joins Team Ichigo and mellows out a little), Sasuke could learn to not be such a vengeance-obsessed prick, and Shirou could learn to value himself more as a human being.

But I much prefer crossovers that are more properly called "fusions", where the two different series have actually been occupying the same universe and suddenly both casts run across one another.

This is another way in which the Hinata/Fate "Die Sterne" connection is appealing (if not outright superior), because it's entirely possible that the planet of the Narutoverse occupies the same universe as Midchilda, and Fate might one day meet Hinata by arriving at her planet aboard a starship.

This would not be possible with Nanoha/Luvia or Ryu/Shirou, as those crossings draw from extremely incompatible versions of the planet Earth. Sasuke/Shirou is likewise out, because non-human extraterrestrial life is impossible in the Nasuverse. Sasuke/Ryu just produces questions like, "Does the planet of Naruto have Shinigami and Hollows of its own?" and doesn't inherently provide plausible ways that the interplanetary pals might meet.

Let me repeat for emphasis: I much prefer crossovers that are more properly called "fusions", where the two different series have actually been occupying the same universe and suddenly both casts run across one another.

It's still a fusion if the two casts suddenly run into each other earlier than canon would allow; much as Fate and Hinata establish contact and begin to change at least the Narutoverse's canonical progression.

At that point, it's also an Alternate Universe/Continuity as much as a Fusion, but still a Fusion.

Another example of a compatible Fusion with Nanoha would be Fairy Tale. The world of Fairy Tale could be another planet in the Nanohaverse.

I remember some people expressing disappointment that Natsu lost that flaming sword about the time that he got his regular magic back. Well, if he ends up teaming up with the TSAB, he could get his hands on a Device; perhaps one patterned after Laevantein.

I can also see some strong bonding between Signum and Erza Scarlet. Hot damn.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:30   Link #108
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Another example of a compatible Fusion with Nanoha would be Fairy Tail. The world of Fairy Tail could be another planet in the Nanohaverse.
Fixed for ya.
Old 2011-11-27, 01:53   Link #109
Sunder the Gold

That always catches me; it's hard to remember to deliberately mispell something... even if it's not actually mispelling, because they really do mean to refer to a TAIL rather than a "story".

Also, I wonder if I was properly using the word "Fusion", since I've also seen the term used to describe fanfics where the cast of one series is used to completely replace the cast of another series.

Like replacing the cast of Evangelion with the cast of Nanoha, but still using Tokyo-3, Evangelions and Angels.

Well, whatever. I explained what I meant well enough.
Old 2011-11-27, 07:53   Link #110
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
But I much prefer crossovers that are more properly called "fusions", where the two different series have actually been occupying the same universe and suddenly both casts run across one another.
Nah, it's not "fusion". Fusion fic is "Harry Potter, member of Magus Assotiation", "Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are in places of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura" and so on. What you described is proper crossover and not fusion.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 11:15   Link #111
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Nah, it's not "fusion". Fusion fic is "Harry Potter, member of Magus Assotiation", "Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are in places of Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura" and so on. What you described is proper crossover and not fusion.
Teana Lanster, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 11:19   Link #112
Sunder the Gold

How about this idea?

The planet of Familiar of Zero (Tsukaima no Zero) exists within the Nanohaverse. Easy enough, as it different enough from Earth to be a completely different planet rather than some alternate counterpart. I mean, it has two moons, one red and one blue.

Instead of Saito, Louise summons Yuuno (as a teenager like her, so post-A's, pre-StrikerS) to be her familiar.

Afterall, the purpose of her familiar is to protect her while she learns how to cast Void magic, and then to protect her for the long periods it takes her to cast and recover from the spells. And who better to provide protection than the Nanohaverse's unrivaled Stone Wall?

Also, we would get to enjoy Yuuno's consternation at becoming an ACTUAL familiar (even if one of a very different kind) and vowing that Chrono would never, ever find out.

He'd also wonder what it is about him that he seems to keep falling in with girls whom possess unbelievable amounts of talent, mostly within the realm of firepower.

On the other side, Yuuno arrives in ferret form, so Louise is somewhat depressed that she could not manage to summon the "powerful and beautiful" familiar she desired. She'll still be happy to have summoned anything at all, and at least Yuuno is cute as a ferret. (Cuter than Montmorency's frog, she'll be quick to retort, when that blonde attempts to backbite her.)

Yuuno will probably play the "I'm a normal ferret" bit for a while as he examines the situation. He might slip up when Louise kisses him or when the contract brand-burns him, but he already proved he can keep his act together while staying with Nanoha's family.

As to which sort of familiar he becomes, the Gandalfr is not quite appropriate for Yuuno, who has no need for mundane weapons at all.

Rather, one might do a little re-arranging of the ZnT setting and swap the Windalfr for the type of familiar that Tristanian Void Mages are alloted to summon.

The Windalfr power to command beasts is much more useful and fitting for Yuuno; not simply considering his own animal form, but also how he could use animals to gather information, and hinder enemy forces in non-fatal ways by using rodents and other pests. Combined with his teleportation abilities, he'd become an able Summoner.

Which itself would be a nice reflection on the fact that Louise was the only current Void Mage to summon a familiar from a completely different planet. Everyone else grabbed someone who was already on-world.

The Earth military weapons that happen to exist on Louise's planet -- the bazooka, the fighter jet and such -- might be left the same, or might be replaced with magitech devices taken from Al Hazard or Belkan worlds.

The "staff of destruction" (ie: bazooka) might be instead be a cousin to Raising Heart or the Schwertkreuz -- a staff which does aid its wielder in causing destruction. It's remained useless to everyone for so long not because they couldn't figure out the priming and trigger mechanisms, but because the Device was as choosy as Raising Heart.
Old 2011-11-27, 11:20   Link #113
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Or how about Fate being raised, not by Linith, but by someone else? Say Precia's Familiar creation spell didn't carry the 1 and instead of Linith's soul being put into that body, someone else is pulled from the void. Like say... Nagare Ryoma?
Old 2011-11-27, 11:21   Link #114
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Ah, I miss the days of good fusion fanfics.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 11:24   Link #115
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Lately, an idea for a Nanoha/Discworld crossover has been germinating in my head.

A little bit after the events of StrikerS, Yuuno meets up with the Librarian through L-space and stuff happens.

What do you guys think?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 16:04   Link #116
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
Or how about Fate being raised, not by Linith, but by someone else? Say Precia's Familiar creation spell didn't carry the 1 and instead of Linith's soul being put into that body, someone else is pulled from the void. Like say... Nagare Ryoma?
Then Fate will become "Bat$h!+ Fate Testarossa"....
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:11   Link #117
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
How about this idea?

The planet of Familiar of Zero (Tsukaima no Zero) exists within the Nanohaverse. Easy enough, as it different enough from Earth to be a completely different planet rather than some alternate counterpart. I mean, it has two moons, one red and one blue.

Instead of Saito, Louise summons Yuuno (as a teenager like her, so post-A's, pre-StrikerS) to be her familiar.
Hmm, I don't know. Shouldn't the Bureau has some sort of Prime Directive which forbids them from interfering with a "primitive" world's development? That...would kinda tie Yuuno's hands, I'm afraid.

...then again, he already sorta screwed that at the beginning of season one

Well, so long as whoever willing to write the story dares to make drastic changes, I guess. The current ZnT Crossover trend of "Get a character from another series and make him take the same paths as Saito, only more awesome!!!(duel with Guiche, mission to the prince, last stand at Albion, etc)" was overused IMO. Instead of having [Insert Character Here] take the same path as Saito, it's better to have them change the course of the story. Maybe even set the entire setting on fire
Old 2011-11-27, 20:38   Link #118
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Hmm, I don't know. Shouldn't the Bureau has some sort of Prime Directive which forbids them from interfering with a "primitive" world's development? That...would kinda tie Yuuno's hands, I'm afraid.

Well, so long as whoever willing to write the story dares to make drastic changes, I guess. The current ZnT Crossover trend of "Get a character from another series and make him take the same paths as Saito, only more awesome!!!(duel with Guiche, mission to the prince, last stand at Albion, etc)" was overused IMO. Instead of having [Insert Character Here] take the same path as Saito, it's better to have them change the course of the story. Maybe even set the entire setting on fire
The hard part about doing crossovers is that people want to follow canon to *some* degree.

It's harder to change stuff at the beginning rather than at the end of a series. Unless you throw it all out an make it A.U. completely.

Even SRW, as crazy as it gets with the crossovers, STILL covers the base story, just changes how it comes to be.

It's not a bad thing to cover the base canon, but going scene for scene is bad.

I mean, in SRW W, when it was time for the Rugby match that happened in Fufumo, Kaname tells Sousuke to make sure that rivals don't get in and screw everything up.

What does he do?

Puts so many land mines out that when Dr. Hell's beasts show up later, they're instantly vaporized from the explosion.

And those things tended to give Mazinger a hard time.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 20:55   Link #119
Justin_Brett

Anyone ever seen Boukenger, by chance? Its one of the Super Sentai series, and the premise is a specially trained team working for an organization that have to locate and contain dangerous artifacts before they can be used for evil.

The possibilities are, I should think, obvious.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 21:05   Link #120
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post

Extenuating circumstances. Though the movie manga says that, technically, he should have been arrested.

Also, the runes imprinted on familiars in Louise's world affect the familiar's mind, inclining them to regard their master favorably and preventing ideas of running away to return home to friends and family. The same mental influence could lead Yuuno to disregard the law.

(I hear Saito had a very negative reaction to Louise when his runes were broken and the hypnosis was removed from his mind. Something along the lines of, "Who would stay with a flat-chested psychopath like you?!", or something.)

In any case, Louise already knows about the existence of magic. The law might prevent Yuuno from revealing the existence of the Time-Space Administration Bureau, but there's really no point in with-holding that information.

Probably, there'd be no legal trouble for Yuuno unless the authorities on the planet itself expressed displeasure with him as a citizen of the TSAB. Which they can't do, since Louise is the one that summoned him and whom would try to claim legal ownership of him.

By their own laws, anything Yuuno does is Louise's responsibility. Even Midchildan courts would accept this on account of the influence of the familiar runes, though the TSAB would simultaneously be demanding that their citizen be set free and that no more of their people be abducted like this.

Quote:
Well, so long as whoever willing to write the story dares to make drastic changes, I guess. The current ZnT Crossover trend of "Get a character from another series and make him take the same paths as Saito, only more awesome!!!(duel with Guiche, mission to the prince, last stand at Albion, etc)" was overused IMO.
I agree that it's getting old. But as I've mentioned, Yuuno would necessarily handle things differently than most. If only because most other individuals who are chosen for the crossover are aggressive sorts.

He would also probably be posing as a normal dumb ferret for a while, so even if he interfered with Guiche, the noble is unlikely to challenge him to a duel.

Even if Guiche knew that Yuuno was a person and challenged him, Yuuno would likely refuse.

Yuuno would also be far more enthusiastic about the archaeologic puzzles to be found on that world -- not only regarding its own fascinating history, but regarding the pieces of other worlds that got summoned to it.

Quote:
Instead of having [Insert Character Here] take the same path as Saito, it's better to have them change the course of the story. Maybe even set the entire setting on fire
Having a TSAB warship crewed by Fate Testarossa and perhaps a few other upset mages of mass destruction would definitely alter the planet's usual balance of power.

But even before that, I suggested trading which nation gets the Gandalfr and Windalfr runes. Likewise, the talking sword might not make an appearance, because it got picked up by the familiar who is now the Gandalfr.

The usual position of talking weapon might instead be filled by the Staff of Destruction being an Intelligent Device that accepts Louise as its master. (And Foquet might thus not end up revealing her true identity and getting arrested.)

The Dragon Mantle (ie: the Zero fighter jet) might be replaced with something completely different, since Yuuno can already fly and, as the Windalfr, could command actual dragons and other flying beasts.

Even before that, with his own brand of magic and the powers of the Windalfr, Yuuno has the ability to turn the tables regarding the Albion royal family's last stand against the rebels in a way that Saito never could.

Getting all of their horses and dragons to rebel against their riders, and having rats and vermin eat and ruin their supplies, and then erecting a fortress-wide barrier-field over the fortress... Yes, the coup on Albion could end up being thwarted.