AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-08, 21:12   Link #1
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

Da Capo

Well, ep17 was just released and like the ep16 preview noted, theres a change of pace. I thought this ep was pretty interesting, it was nice seeing how Sakura and Asakura were related in the past. The "young" Sakura was too cute and adorable ^^. At the end, I didn't notice that something happened between Asakura and Sakura and I wouldn't have realized it if I didn't watch the ep18 preview. After seeing the preview, I really wanna see the next ep. Even with the change of pace, I'm still really enjoying this series.
Old 2003-11-08, 22:28   Link #2
nojevo

the past 15 episode has been fun to watch but it almost drove me away from finishing it. But with ep 16 and 17 the pace is changing and its getting good. I cant wait to see what happenes next. Wonder how Sakura would look is she was more mature Still i'm all for Nemu
Old 2003-11-08, 23:04   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, as I said a while back, they've finally moved on to the storyline... And I think it'll get pretty interesting from now on now that they finally go into the romance and the mysticism that they hinted at but didn't do much on earlier on.

But yeah, Nemu'll probably be the winner...
Old 2003-11-09, 00:29   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I know Nemu isn't blood related to Asakura but with Sakura being cousins with him is really awkward. Don't they know its wrong to have an physical relationship with each other. Other then that I agree with other previous posts I'm really glad the story is finally moving.
Old 2003-11-09, 08:45   Link #5
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

DC is ok but the side storys get pretty annoying, it shortens the episode.
Old 2003-11-09, 09:11   Link #6
bluemist
i am the mist

Oh great, just when I had stopped downloading Da Capo... then a (long awaited) plot appears.

I'm just at episode 12, so I'll be far behind I guess...
Old 2003-11-09, 09:26   Link #7
Anlushac11

Cool

Sorry, I am easy to please.

Da Capo is currently one of my top 3 favorite animes. I love the characters and the comedy of it, and I also like the side stories. Miharu and Yoriko and Moe-chan are my favorites.
Old 2003-11-09, 10:33   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah the sidestories I've learned to appreciate a bit too... They are so mysterious and surreal and give off such a unique feel... And some of them are pretty funny or have some pretty nice twists.
Old 2003-11-09, 17:08   Link #9
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

All the side stories with that stupid cat man really annoy me, but the ones without him like the one with Miharu surfing the net was really funny.
Old 2003-11-09, 18:04   Link #10
SimplyEd
Claytard

I just want to remark that this anime is one shining example for the fact that a show doesn't need a forced plot to be entertaining and i actually don't like the thought that Da Capo recently seems to concentrate its potential on Junichi,Nemu and Sakura.
Ah well,let's see how it will work out
Old 2003-11-09, 18:20   Link #11
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

Personally, I like Da Capo either way, it doesnt matter to me if there was a consistent plot or not, as long as there's something there to enjoy. I really wish those side episodes weren't there though, it would give the "main" episode a lot more time, rather than filling up 6 mins of one or a few of the girls doing nothing interesting and some weird cat-monster thing.
Old 2003-11-09, 18:53   Link #12
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Hmm what i still don't understand is where does Asakura's dream vision capacity fit in the plot.
Old 2003-11-09, 20:14   Link #13
Wolfwood2970

Da Capo is a great anime i have to admit

It does have a couple filler eps but its still good and i loved episode 16 and 17 where it gets REAL interesting

I feel really bad for Sakura for the situation she is put in

im really looking foward to the next episode

The thing that annoys me are those stupid Side Stories... They are slow moving and tedious.... Its basically just the Da Capo characters doing the most mundane things ever and then there is that stupid black cat with the human body.... Serious but what is that stupid black cat supposed to represent it just looks incredibly dumb... I think the side episodes are just a way to lengthen the series even more than it should be. It dissapoints me to watch the side eps because the regular eps are so interesting then the side episodes just cuts its time

Oh well i thought also that the songs in the first like 8 eps was a waste of time too... More the reason why i DLed the RB version for the first like 7 eps because i kinda thought the songs were dumb and was just a space filler......

Anyways all in truth Da Capo truly is a great series but not one of the best anime ive ever seen.... For it does have fillers and it does have those stupid Side stories and such
Old 2003-11-09, 22:08   Link #14
Go-lytely

The side eps were mostly strange in the beginning but I am enjoying them as of late. The Miharu one was funny, and I actually was scared by the trenchcoat cat in the last one.
Old 2003-11-10, 00:28   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
I know Nemu isn't blood related to Asakura but with Sakura being cousins with him is really awkward. Don't they know its wrong to have an physical relationship with each other. Other then that I agree with other previous posts I'm really glad the story is finally moving.
Keitarou-san, the world is a very big place and not everyone has a same view of things as yours. You are talking from your own cultural aspect. You just need to expand your horizon of things such as by going places (outside of US), reading books, or talking to people from other culture.

I was wondering when DaCapo will get serious...Looking forward to the next episode...Also, why dont they just make a 20 minutes episode instead of 15 minutes and then fill it up with those short episodes...

Last edited by monir; 2003-11-10 at 01:24.
Old 2003-11-10, 00:56   Link #16
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Keitaru-san, the world is a very big place and not everyone has a same view of things as yours. You are talking from your own cultural aspect. You just need to expand your horizon of things such as by going places (outside of US), reading books, or talking to people from other culture.

I was wondering when DaCapo will get serious...Looking forward to the next episode...Also, why dont they just make a 20 minutes episode instead of 15 minutes and then fill it up with those short episodes...
You are right, but I was simply stating my opinion on their relationship. I understand the world is a huge place with many different cultures and customs. In fact marrying your cousin is legal here in the U.S in 26 states, and in other countries including Japan.

F.Y.I its Keitarou not Keitaru
Old 2003-11-10, 01:33   Link #17
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
You are right, but I was simply stating my opinion on their relationship. I understand the world is a huge place with many different cultures and customs. In fact marrying your cousin is legal here in the U.S in 26 states, and in other countries including Japan.

F.Y.I its Keitarou not Keitaru
Glad to see you think that way too and I should know that already because I myself live in NY. Gomen, to get your name wrong..I have edited my original post...Friends?
Old 2003-11-10, 01:58   Link #18
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Glad to see you think that way too and I should know that already because I myself live in NY. Gomen, to get your name wrong..I have edited my original post...Friends?
no problem
Old 2003-11-10, 02:24   Link #19
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

In Soldats' version Suginami keeps calling Yoriko a swindler? What's up with that? What do the other fansubs show Suginami calling Yoriko?
Old 2003-11-10, 06:47   Link #20
Anlushac11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
In Soldats' version Suginami keeps calling Yoriko a swindler? What's up with that? What do the other fansubs show Suginami calling Yoriko?
I thought he called Yoriko a swindler because he thought she was trying to run some scam by presenting herself as a maid yet could not cook, clean, grocery shop, or do laundry without destroying something. But Yuusuke gave her a chance and she has tried very hard. However she is going through dishes at an alarming rate.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs