AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 29.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 34.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-11, 02:54   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay, now *I'm* confused... the mods used to routinely smack people for discussing raws before the fansub came out. If this has changed, fine -- but it'd be nice to know.
If this thread was devoted to the entire Toradora series then you would be correct. However, this is only about episode 11. You're allowed to discuss episode 11 freely here. If you tried to discuss episode 12 we'd have trouble since even with spoiler tags that is verboten. In the first post of every single episode discussion thread we spell out the spoiler policy specifically to make it clear that there is a zero tolerance for discussion of any episode after the current episode. Go and read it!

Think of it this way: The spoiler tag was replaced with the words "Episode 11" in the thread title. That's just like the title of a spoiler tag, warning you that if you come in here you will see discussion of episode 11.

I hope you can see the difference.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-12-11, 03:01   Link #22
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I can see the difference.... but I just recall last year that people were getting upset that folks were discussing eps for which only raws existed - so the mods were whacking them as spoilage until the episode was fansubbed.... even in subforum episode threads. If my memory was in error or that's not the case anymore that's fine - I'll adjust accordingly.
The rule is NOW once the episode airs anything goes in a subforum episode thread. Moving along now...

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-12-11 at 13:21.
Old 2008-12-11, 05:12   Link #23
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm exactly in the same boat as Vexx. And, I don't know about anyone else, but I mostly enter these episode threads before I have seen them, to get a feel about such. It builds anticipation a bit more. All the while, tho, I steer clearly away from the spoilers - note I'm not aggravated in the slightest by it, but I thought we did enroll our comments in the spoiler tags until a fansub appeared. Guess I'm wrong, then... And will stay clear from such threads in the future.
Buh-bye, now.

Old 2008-12-11, 07:49   Link #24
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Well if the thread says ep 11 and you haven't watch the sub yet, don't go in.

Simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
oh come on

shadow bridgade would have totally fit in the first part of the episode. i reaaaalllly wanted to see that............ its a big dissapointment really!
The Shadow Brigade will disrupt the flow of the story since it did not advance the story. Sure it is a set piece comedy just like the badminton match scene that supposed to show up 2 eps ago but honestly speaking it is redundant since it is basically rehash of what we already knew of the character's quirk(s) and did not push the story forward decisively. I am happy that the writer decided to omit such scenes and focus on character interaction instead.

Like I say so many times, don't expect a novel copy and paste in anime. Some scenes fit, some scenes simply don't.

I am interested to see how the anime writer's going to interpret the parents and Taiga story arc.
Old 2008-12-11, 09:40   Link #25
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Yes, if someone were to spoil stuff about episode 12 here, then it's that person's fault. But if someone who hasn't seen episode 11 comes into this thread and gets himself spoilt, then it's fair game really, and he can't really blame anyone, can he?

Anyway, back on topic, and just to remind everyone, it's everything about this episode:

Firstly - JC Staff, your art has gone shite considerably from last week. It was so bad that I have to cringe to believe these are actually the same characters as last week.

That said, it wasn't too bad, though things move around very quickly as usual, as well as moving some of the minor scenes like Haruta's blunder in drawing lots instead of picking the majority after deciding to have Taiga in the campus queen competition, and Kitamura's announcement of the awards moved to later on, but doesn't really affect the story overall.

Just from reading the text alone, it was hard to visualize Taiga's father as resembling her completely, so JC Staff did a good job in portraying his somewhat goofy personality, at least for first impressions. Though he still doesn't strike me as short, where Taiga is supposed to inherit her shortness from.

Best cameo goes to Tanaka Rie as Yuri sensei, the psycho teacher that just turned 30, not unlike Akira from Lucky Star whenever she's in her bitchy mode.

And though her appearance in the series is very, very brief, the student council president, Kano Sumire, if her gruff talking manner wasn't enough to strike an impression on her musculine like personality on viewers, manages to enhance that in a few short seconds by sitting with her legs crossed. (The two main characters in the Spin-Off also make a brief appearance in the Student Council meeting if you look carefully. )
Old 2008-12-11, 10:09   Link #26
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I am with stormy001_M1A2 upon the Shadow Brigade thing. I though that it kind of disrupted the flow in the original and did not mind to see it out, though some scenes would have been nice to see but not at the cost of the story flow which in my opinion it disrupted. If it would go slow then I think it might fit in. Personally I would like to go it slow and am not much of a fan of the pace that JC Staff makes with this one sometimes skipping some subtile messages and scenes.

Is it me or the art was plainly horrible in this one? I was sort of cringing at some places because of the artwork.
Old 2008-12-11, 10:16   Link #27
typhonsentra

Kitamura's old bird mating dance was so good though....
Old 2008-12-11, 10:17   Link #28
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Spoiler for anime:
Old 2008-12-11, 13:18   Link #29
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Well if the thread says ep 11 and you haven't watch the sub yet, don't go in.

Simple.
Simple... but *not* related to what I was asserting. I was querying about the time frame between the *airing* of the episode and the *appearance* of the first fansub. During that period there *are* no subs. I distinctly remember that used to be considered a "spoiler tag" period so that people could speculate. Raw watchers CAN and could comment, it was just considered nice to hide the comment in spoiler tags temporarily.

That is apparently not the case NOW, but please don't misrepresent my point.

Since raws are fair game to comment openly on now, yes --- the visual quality sucked this week compared with most of the previous efforts. There seemed to be many off-model off-reference moments (where characters stop resembling themselves and I don't mean deformation techniques).

The *storyline* was very interesting though, the comedy is taking a bit of a backseat as the portended drama amps up. Yes, more Sumire... I'm hoping she gets more stage time later in the story. So far we've had camera time mostly on Ryuuji, Ami, Taiga, and some Minorin. Kitamura keeps shuffling in the shadows and looking starry-eyed at Sumire.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-12-11 at 20:59.
Old 2008-12-11, 13:52   Link #30
Beo
where's the snow?

It means that the non-language challenged people can comment without having to wait for those who have to read their episode.
Old 2008-12-11, 19:24   Link #31
typhonsentra

Gyah, guess no fansubs until tomorrow.

That kinda cuts into the discussion here, unfortunate.
Old 2008-12-11, 20:26   Link #32
bloodyknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Gyah, guess no fansubs until tomorrow.

That kinda cuts into the discussion here, unfortunate.
It's out now, dudes!!! And it seems that it did not end good... Taiga obviously does not want to leave Ryuugi...
Old 2008-12-11, 20:47   Link #33
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

I gotta watch it again this time with subs, I kinda got a few things out from it, (I'm still reading the Baka-T Toradora!) Boy!!! Ryuuji can be passionate man when he need too. I was shock to see that part from him..... O.o

bloodyknight

Quote:
It's out now, dudes!!! And it seems that it did not end good... Taiga obviously does not want to leave Ryuugi...
I've been waiting for the subs to come in, Youtube does not have them. If they are available for this episode, hardsubs or softsub, please let me know where to find them ^^

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-12-11 at 21:04. Reason: questioning bloodyknight for where to find the subs :)
Old 2008-12-11, 21:03   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

rather interesting episode. i'll just say: ryuuji should abandon Taiga. Taiga is so selfish, even though he realizes that he's drawing parallels to his own life.

and you could see that Taiga had hand marks on her wrist. thats good detail from the animators.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:05   Link #35
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeitaroNagato View Post
I gotta watch it again this time with subs, I kinda got a few things out from it, (I'm still reading the Baka-T Toradora!) Boy!!! Ryuuji can be passionate man when he need too. I was shock to see that part from him..... O.o

bloodyknight

I've been waiting for the subs to come in, Youtube does not have them. If they are available for this episode, hardsubs or softsub, please let me know where to find them ^^
Torrents out on the www.animesuki.com main page (Coalguys subbing). The other subbers are usually a day or two later ... Your mileage may vary on the various groups and their ability to key in on nuance and subtlety.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:12   Link #36
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Torrents out on the www.animesuki.com main page (Coalguys subbing). The other subbers are usually a day or two later ... Your mileage may vary on the various groups and their ability to key in on nuance and subtlety.
Thanks Vexx

Question....

coalguys are the ones that uses the pink letter?
Old 2008-12-11, 21:25   Link #37
stormy001_M1A2

Well for those who complained about art, it is to be expected. Afterall, it is midway in the series so I think they crimping on budget. It is typical problem for 20 plus eps anime hence my preference for 12-14 eps setup.

CoalGuys is fastest but not the best subber, they miss nuances behind the conversations IMHO. Luckily for English speaker fans of series, the novel translation seems to advancing to the same point as anime. Just have to spend time reading it.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:31   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Its considered good etiquette on these forums to spoiler chat until someone releases a fansub (even in an episode thread). (edit: is this THAT hard to understand? Satuross and most posters seem to have understood it.)
I disagree with this practice. Episode threads are the one place we can be free of too many spoilers. What's the point of a separate thread, otherwise? I'm not sure why people who haven't seen an episode want to discuss it, anyway. If they do want to, perhaps they can do it as speculation in the thread for the previous episode?

My understanding is that spoilers are not officially required for info from a particular episode in its own thread. Spoilers are definitely not the custom in some episode threads. There is no mention of them in the first post of this thread, only a caution against spoilers containing info about future events. I had this discussion before elsewhere a number of months ago, and came away with the impression that spoilers were not required in episode threads, except when the denizens of a particular thread prefer them. I vote no.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-12-11 at 22:11.
Old 2008-12-11, 21:48   Link #39
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly, I was unimpressed by this episode, except the Ryuuji/Taiga moments. Well, 2/11 eps with stupid non-Minorin buffoonery isn't bad, considering how good the others were to me.

This clearly shows that Ryuuji can literally man-handle Taiga when he gets angry. I actually thought he was gonna hit her , I was really surprised.
Old 2008-12-11, 22:01   Link #40
stormy001_M1A2

In this moment, Taiga is clearly in the wrong. Ryuji's action is understandable. If he slapped her, it will be perfectly natural.