AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-04, 01:59   Link #141
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

It happened to be related to Mabinogi, so I thought it was worth posting. Any comments on the other two games I posted?
Old 2008-05-04, 02:01   Link #142
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Never played, don't know controls, can't comment. I'll gladly try them out though if they're ever released in Japanese/Chinese.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:12   Link #143
Kagedanji

Now that I think about it, if the original Mabinogi didn't have an anime style, it would suck, but that's only because the anime art was just about ALL it had going for it.

New Mabinogi actually has innovative gameplay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Devcat studio chose Valve Corporation's Source engine and has modified many things to optimize the performance of Mabinogi Heroes. due to this method Mabinogi Heroes has materialized a high level of hitting sensibility, it will provide an interactive physical action environment that is considered impossible in an online game.

In the background the natural features/items (like signs, trees) are breakable during battle. The player may pick broken fragments of items and use them as a weapon. There are many sub-weapons ready to make a battle realistic. You can throw a spear to stop an enemy from coming at you, hold your enemy on the wall or on the floor, and you are allowed to work with your teammates to perform actions such as using a chain with your allies to seize a gigantic monster's legs, making it collapse.

Last edited by Kagedanji; 2008-05-04 at 02:23.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 14:58   Link #144
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Um, no. Mabi was (still is) the only game I know that actually uses the MML system.

May not means much to you, but for people like me who actually likes vocaloid/DTM (though I can't compose any music), that's one of the cooler parts of the game, along with the whole "actual fantasy life" aspect. (Personally I like the life part of the game more than the battle part. Doesn't really help that I love simulation games like Harvest Moon, too.)

A game is never made up of just one attraction. There are bound to be some charms to the game if there are players playing it. No one minds if you don't like a game, since that's your opinion, but don't slam your opinion out as if it's fact. Learn to accept other people's opinion and stop trying to feed your's to them. It's not gonna work and will only lead to more useless opinion wars.

This is not GameFAQs, let's not drop to that level, please.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-05-04 at 15:12.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 15:47   Link #145
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
You people just hate action games and are too used games being cute.
I love action games. But I don't like the two new Mabinogis being developed. Both leave the root of the original - Anime style. Mabinogi 2 is being drawn up in "Realism" and so is Mabinogi Heroes it seems.

The original anime style is the best. I don't know why they suddenly need to make the game more realistic. Why not just a dark, bloody, anime style MMO?
Old 2008-05-07, 22:03   Link #146
Kagedanji

You wouldn't get the same atmosphere. They couldn't make serious-looking anime character designs as you could see in the first game, and seeing cutesy anime characters killing deadly monsters after the destruction of the world is a bit wacky.
Old 2008-05-08, 09:59   Link #147
krisslanza

Perhaps but the huge alteration is probably going to lose a lot of players. Mabinogi's very cute and "fantasy life" style gameplay pulled me to it; the engaging and action-based combat keeps it going.

Mabinogi Heroes does indeed look very impressive combat-wise but I'm not sure if it'll be able to retain players if thats all it has going on for it.
Old 2008-05-08, 20:41   Link #148
Kagedanji

It's not like they'll discontinue Fantasy Life though. They just have more options now, like Fantasy Slash, and whatever Mabi 2 is.
Old 2008-05-11, 17:39   Link #149
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
It's not like they'll discontinue Fantasy Life though. They just have more options now, like Fantasy Slash, and whatever Mabi 2 is.
I didn't imply they did. :P
I just mean it may not be as retaining as Fantasy Slash is all about that... Killing. At least in Mabinogi you can kill or just go around doing other stuff... XD
Old 2008-05-11, 17:50   Link #150
Kagedanji

You never know what else is in FS. It's still Mabinogi and Devcat that we're talking about here.
Old 2008-05-11, 18:24   Link #151
krisslanza

True, but wouldn't a fantasy life aspect be very odd in a game shown to be very combat-heavy; dark and violent?

For a bad example I'd be like if you could go pick daisys in Condemned...
Old 2008-05-12, 12:49   Link #152
THX

This isn't at all what you asked for, but for anyone interested in a underrated MMORPG you have to check out eve-online. It's not for everyone, but the game is amazing once you get into it.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 17:58   Link #153
krisslanza

But EVE Online costs money...
Old 2008-05-14, 21:52   Link #154
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
But EVE Online costs money...
thats why Guild Wars is ur friend!

no infact I think everyone should forget about MMORPGs and get on CSS for some good auld head pooping! oha dn team flashing, can't forget team flashing!
Old 2008-05-23, 05:04   Link #155
penny16

If u like anime MMORPG games, play lunia! http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QykdmwRjFU. There is english online too! http://lunia.12foottall.com/main.asp

My chasters name is Miju. PLZ play lunia!
penny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-23, 21:20   Link #156
Kagedanji

Looks decent. I'll be back with a review. The sooner I come with it, the more you can tell it bored me.
Old 2008-05-24, 01:41   Link #157
sa547
*Author

I'll never know if the MMO I'm (still) playing qualifies for this thread, but it's almost close to the world of Ikkitousen or Tenjo Tenge (and also close to the Korean action movie Volcano High):

http://www.ranonline.com.ph/

Currently 141 as an archer after two years of slugging through.

Be forewarned, though: like most Korean MMOs it's too much of a grindfest (and only rich kids will keep on grinding until level 200). Besides, the biggest problem with it isn't just the game mechanics, some of the bugs and massive lag, but also the damned rude griefers -- there's a gazillion of them with testicles bigger than their heads -- and the RMT sellouts who'll sell or buy anything for hard cash (the ultimate absurdity IMHO).

Anything else? I'll be one of the first customers if the Macross universe is adapted for online gaming, particularly because for years there were some tabletop games for it. You start with a vanilla VF-0 at level 1 on Earth, and soon wind up with a fully-armed, custom-painted, FAST-packed VF-22 at level 100; guilds are formed as squadrons, and squadrons are united into strike wings as an alliance; player races are divided into humans and Zentraedi... what a concept.

Later tonight I'm trying Cabal on the open beta session.

Last edited by sa547; 2008-05-24 at 02:13. Reason: additions
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 11:23   Link #158
krisslanza

If you dislike grind don't even touch RAN. A good way to describe it was when a friend said his brother grinded for 2 hours and got 1% for it. Its really a game (Well in V.1 when the game was sexist) where I could grind on a enemy that took a minute to kill, kill like 10 of them, and get .01% for it
Old 2008-05-24, 13:09   Link #159
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
If you dislike grind don't even touch RAN. A good way to describe it was when a friend said his brother grinded for 2 hours and got 1% for it. Its really a game (Well in V.1 when the game was sexist) where I could grind on a enemy that took a minute to kill, kill like 10 of them, and get .01% for it
Well, you're right... at least I'm playing a new quest-oriented game instead of that -- damned thing really needed a total serious reworking if it needed to be accepted by the world because other MMOs have advanced further than that. I may like it, but I can also criticize it. :lol:

All right, what else?
Old 2008-05-24, 13:37   Link #160
Ashramaru
☻1st Class☻

Send a message via AIM to Ashramaru Send a message via MSN to Ashramaru
Well I don't want to advertise, merely give people a little outlook towards and area they may like....but I am working on a Naruto based MMO. If anyone likes Naruto they should wait for this game to come out.

Spoiler for Last Ninja Online First Look:
"Lastly, hidden with the bottom confines of the ship lays “The Dreamer”, with his eye closed and quill in hand he rests. His dreams, his ambition, his strife will be transcended to all those on this voyage."

Currently Working On: The Last Bible|IMAGINE
Ashramaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg