AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Midori no Hibi

Notices

Old 2004-07-04, 11:01   Link #41
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:20.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 14:25   Link #42
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I can't wait to see Naruto licensed... I'm going to enjoy laughing at the fanboys too stupid to find the new episodes without AnimeSuki.

And I don't much care for MediaBlasters, to be perfectly honest. The dub of Kenshin they did was hideous... and the way they translated his accent was comical.
rofl! yea the "the gosaru" bit.. cant remember how exactly they dubbed that shizzle but i know it was fking hilarious
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 18:32   Link #43
KirbyMorph

How can anyone be happy with the Kenshin DVDs? The OVA Trust and Betrayal are titled Samurai X for starters. They took about an hour and a half worth of footage and made two DVDs from it. 2!!. Then we go to the 90(estimate) episode series and they manage to fit a whole 3 to 4 episodes per disc. Nothing like having a 20+ disc set. Its bad when 26 episode series stretch the number of eps per disc to sell like 8 discs instead of teh 4 or 5 they could fit them all on. But when you do it for huge series like Kenshin, its just a kick in the nuts.

I expect about a 4 episode set for Midori. 4 on disc 1, 3 on the rest. They could do an FLCL and make them 2 episode discs and get 6 discs out of us, 3 on the first, 2 on the other 5. Depends how greedy they are.

/end Anime DVD Rant mode
KirbyMorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 21:19   Link #44
K_R
also known as K!

Or follow the R2 release with 5,4,4.
K_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 00:17   Link #45
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech
In actuality, I was IN THE MIDDLE OF DOWNLOADING IT LAST NIGHT when it got taken down. Now Im sitting with half downloaded eps on my computer and I cant find replacements.
Hehe... Welcome to the club. Same here.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 01:15   Link #46
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Hehe... Welcome to the club. Same here.

It was licensed the day after I finished downloading.

PHEW.

;D I'll probably get it, as well as the manga, though. The manga is fantastic.

Last edited by arias; 2004-07-05 at 01:29.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 02:16   Link #47
Lunchboxx

Send a message via AIM to Lunchboxx Send a message via MSN to Lunchboxx Send a message via Yahoo to Lunchboxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san
is that Lunchboxx from projectRO? is that you?

no...I did play on a private RO server, but not projectRO and i didn't go by lunchboxx in the game.

Media Blasters did beserk...Hmm I have a few of the dvd's...the dub is horrible, the voices just sound bad....plus they used the voice actor for goku from dragonball z for a few diffrent random solidiers that had like one line each, that anoyed the hell out of me....well lets hope they do a better job for midori no hibi.
Lunchboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 06:26   Link #48
Night

it's great to know that someone has licenced this series to be spread around the world.

i'm happy that i got to see the whole series before it got licenced ( unlike some other companies which announce they licence it right at the climax )and when if ever it comes to australia, i'll be sure to recommend it to as many friends as possible

*crosses fingers this wont be a botched one*
Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 17:59   Link #49
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I can't wait to see Naruto licensed... I'm going to enjoy laughing at the fanboys too stupid to find the new episodes without AnimeSuki.
i'm probably in that group

but episodes will eventually filter to the cockroach of P2P, Kazaa

my working at a ROMsite has given some experience with finding stuff, but if you don't know where to begin, it's tough

/off to pirate more Samurai Pizza Cats episodes
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 13:27   Link #50
Millenia
Emotional Shoujo Girl

Send a message via MSN to Millenia
Well lucky i got it all downloaded ^_^
I had my PC offline for upgrades the week it got licensed but lucky i got it back the day before it did close encounter!
Old 2004-07-08, 01:46   Link #51
junko
model bliss

Gah! I'm sooo mad at myself! I didn't download the 13th ep. I was all like, "oh, I gots time", and then BAM! Liscenced. Damn, now I'll have to wait for the DVDs.

Another anime I didn't get to finish. *sniff*
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 08:41   Link #52
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
who cares if it is licensed, we are already done with this series.
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 19:23   Link #53
MySalsa

gah, the only thing i like about these animes gettin liscensed is that it's easier to get, oh and no more reading it, but i prefer fansubed to liscensed animes.i think the dubbing completely ruins the dialogue...also i hate paying money to get 'em.

i don't mind so much the 3 sentence long, 4 sec info thingy's that fansubbers put at the top of the screen, but that's probably cause i'm a fast reader.
MySalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 17:43   Link #54
Nezumi
Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySalsa
gah, the only thing i like about these animes gettin liscensed is that it's easier to get, oh and no more reading it, but i prefer fansubed to liscensed animes.i think the dubbing completely ruins the dialogue...also i hate paying money to get 'em.

i don't mind so much the 3 sentence long, 4 sec info thingy's that fansubbers put at the top of the screen, but that's probably cause i'm a fast reader.
Dude whats wrong whit you, i agree that dubbing is the most terrible thing you could ever do to an anime, but you dont like to spend money on anime, do you even like anime?

Sorry man but i really hate you...
Nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 17:49   Link #55
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by MySalsa
Quote:
Gah! I'm sooo mad at myself! I didn't download the 13th ep. I was all like, "oh, I gots time", and then BAM! Liscenced. Damn, now I'll have to wait for the DVDs.
i like people spelling licensed correctly.

my #1 complaint about DVD anime, is the yellow color that they make their subtitles. it is the same yellow for every anime DVD i have ever seen.

even if you hate dubbing with a passion, it is still more than worth it to see it dubbed.

actually, i liked DBZ's dub alot.

Quote:
Yep, great thing they didn't license it before it was over. Some other companies should take an example.
or they could wait until a few fansubs promulgate throughout the fansubbing community, THEN license it. worked with Yukikaze, would have 100% worked with naruto and many other things ^^
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 00:40   Link #56
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

Question... why are almost all the midori no hibi threads closed? That's curious, and then also... sometimes Midori moves seiji's hand without him being able to stop it, and sometimes he moves Midori around without her being able to stop it.... So who's REALLY in charge here?....

(I'm not actually asking a deep question, it's just a joke lol, oh except the part about all the threads being closed, that's not a joke, seriously, why are so many of them closed?)
Old 2012-02-09, 00:41   Link #57
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Because the series is nearly 8 years old now?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 01:12   Link #58
symphonious7
Emperor of Dorkdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Because the series is nearly 8 years old now?
Well it's new to me gosh darn it!!! Bwahahahahaha