AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-11, 17:06   Link #1341
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 11 was pretty good overall. I don't get what's his name's goal: why is he trying to make kyoukai no kanata stronger? I thought his aim was to get its youmu stone, so he should have let Mirai killed it. I have a hard time guessing how letting kyoukai no kanata rampage is a good thing for the spirit warrior association. If it's just him going "hahaha I'm so evil!" then I'll be disappointed. I was under the impression he is a more interesting antagonist than that. We'll find out next week. It's ok to make him the final boss, but give him good motivations please.

PS: Akihito's mom is seriously annoying and unfunny. Who thought it was a good idea to make her like that? The less she appears, the better. Hopefully we won't have to see her again.
Old 2013-12-11, 18:00   Link #1342
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I actually want to see more of the only one that Izumi backed down to. Yayoi has to have pretty impressive fire power.
Old 2013-12-11, 20:03   Link #1343
blackwhite67
Banned

So many questions and no answers. For starters, what did catching the puppet even do?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:04   Link #1344
ellessarr
Banned

man this anime and ore no nouna and gingetsune are my top best anime of the season,
1 - koyukai
2 - gingetsune
3 - ore nouna

i really love this anime, for me is another good KA work like hyouka or chunibyou, despite others peoples want deaths, darkness and sadness for me the level of dark, light and comedy is perfect, i really like akihito mother maybe if we get another season in a future(if the story not ended yet) i really want see her shining

i have a question, since akihito was in coma for 3 months, mirai was a nonstop fight for 3 months with yomus inside the KnK dimesion or the timeline inside this dimession is differente something like 1 day inside = 1 month outside??
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:38   Link #1345
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

So Mirai went to being completely incompetent when it came to fighting youmu at the start of the show, to decent enough in the middle episodes and now I'm supposed to believe that she's that good to be forcing KnK (weakened or not, there's still the whole "It can destroy the world" aspect..) to siphon power from nearby Spirit World Warriors and Youmu?

Right.

Akihito's mother once again managed to ruin the mood with her antics, but then again, we're on the road to the happy end, so why am I not surprised anymore...
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:59   Link #1346
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

So what's the point of Miroku making things worse? Is it just to piss off the Nases? Why does everyone apparently hate the Nases anyway?
Old 2013-12-11, 20:59   Link #1347
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
So Mirai went to being completely incompetent when it came to fighting youmu at the start of the show, to decent enough in the middle episodes and now I'm supposed to believe that she's that good to be forcing KnK (weakened or not, there's still the whole "It can destroy the world" aspect..) to siphon power from nearby Spirit World Warriors and Youmu?
But she wasn't incompetent from the very beginning..
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 21:28   Link #1348
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:

Right.

Akihito's mother once again managed to ruin the mood with her antics, but then again, we're on the road to the happy end, so why am I not surprised anymore...
except that she's already skilled from the beginning. Episode 10 has cleared that up.... right?

Episode 11 will be perfect without Yayoi's ridiculous appearance.
That ending is awesome.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 22:08   Link #1349
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

So I thought they would get through an episode without using that horrendous glasses joke.

Why do I even begin to consider such complete impossibilities. That and I actually managed to nod off against my accord during this episode.
Old 2013-12-11, 22:33   Link #1350
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnated View Post
except that she's already skilled from the beginning. Episode 10 has cleared that up.... right?
Honestly, that looked more like a continuity error to me
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 22:54   Link #1351
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Akihito's mom she really got some nice legs
Old 2013-12-11, 22:56   Link #1352
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Wow Akihito's mom she really got some nice legs
I could've done without that though. Yayoi totally took away the seriousness of the moment.
Old 2013-12-11, 23:37   Link #1353
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I could've done without that though. Yayoi totally took away the seriousness of the moment.
More proof Ishidate has bad comedic timing unlike Ishihara?
Old 2013-12-11, 23:39   Link #1354
DaEliminator

Omg. Had no idea what was happening as he was crashing into the other world, but it looked awesome. Such a great episode, 10/10, my nipples hardened
DaEliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 00:17   Link #1355
RobotCat
In a Box

Quote:

Right.

Mirai was always supposed to be strong. She was only supposed to have 'trauma' at the beginning. However, they added all these extra scenes to showcase how 'clumsy' she was to add to her moe factor. Notice her clumsiness was pretty much gone later on with no explanation? It's another unnecessary addition that KyoAn didn't really think through on.

Anyways, I completely agree on Akihito's mom. There was some decent tension being built up, and then her entrance just ruined it. Completely killed my interest for the rest of the episode. Now I can't even pretend to be apprehensive about Mirai/Akihito's fate.

KnK is at its best when it's purely comical (idol episode) or purely serious (episode 10, first half of 11). It's when it mixes the two that everything completely falls apart.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 01:14   Link #1356
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

PS: Akihito's mom is seriously annoying and unfunny. Who thought it was a good idea to make her like that? The less she appears, the better.
Agreed. Her scene was easily the weakest one of Episode 11, as it was a very good episode aside from that.

Like papermario13689, I briefly thought they'd actually manage to get through an episode without a fetish joke. Oh well, at least they came close!

In all seriousness, these last couple of episodes have come very close to being what I had hoped KnK would be going into Episode 1. The action scenes in Episode 11 were truly a flashy festival for the eyes, and the drama/suspense is pretty good overall. Mirai's character has truly grown by leaps and bounds over this episode and the last, in my opinion. She's really rounded into shape as a compelling and likeable female lead.

As for Akihito, his more serious scenes were good. I liked most of the verbal confrontations he ended up in Episode 11. They felt very raw and real to me. Pretty effective.
Old 2013-12-12, 02:30   Link #1357
rulfo

Quote:

Right.

Actually I find it not that far-fetched.

Being stuck that long(might be longer than 3 months). She and KnK are one and most probably sharing the same power as well.

I truly loved that part when she stabs the core of KnK she takes a hit as well. At first it confused me when that her overly huge blood sword came out but damn it was her wreaking havoc outside as well. As cheesy as there being a double OP in this episode, that mad dash by Aki was such a powerful scene. I can't stop watching it.

But yeah. Aki's mother ruined the mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
More proof Ishidate has bad comedic timing unlike Ishihara?

I wouldn't peg it on him completely. Even Chuunibyou had some problems when it balances comic relief and serious tones. I still think Hanada has a part on it.

Overall this episode was ok in the plot perspective and felt like one big flashy set-up for the final act. Animation wise, Kigami and Naitou delivered. They really blew me away. But mostly I think it was Kigami doing the work here with his most likely not credited KA. Always bet on Kigami action scenes. As crappy as Munto was as a story, it was still a beauty in its other aspects.

Next week's gonna be something. With Ishidate on storyboard, I expect things to follow up nicely.

Last edited by rulfo; 2013-12-12 at 02:57.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 02:32   Link #1358
Pen3

Do you still think Izumi is the bad guy? It might not be the perfect plan, but she just wanted to save everyone important to her. In the end she did come to stop Akihito because he is no longer immortal, so i guess she still cares for him.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 08:46   Link #1359
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Do you still think Izumi is the bad guy? It might not be the perfect plan, but she just wanted to save everyone important to her. In the end she did come to stop Akihito because he is no longer immortal, so i guess she still cares for him.
Izumi is simply being pragmatic, and hence putting the sake of the entire world over the life of one lone person (be it Akihito or Mirai). As much as I disliked her earlier in the series, I feel like this episode and the last have just about completely justified her.
Old 2013-12-12, 11:32   Link #1360
R.LocK
My turn

Dammit, Akihito, use your fists more when you're fighting youmu instead of shutting your mother up. Even though she was annoying.
Also, why shoehorning Nino in if she wasn't even important during the whole show? Kinda strange.
Now, c'mon. I don't even like Mirai's characterization in anime, as opposed to the original one, but her scenes were the best ones, save for Akihito's mad dash.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past