AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-09-19, 16:05   Link #2841
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Sat down and watched the final episode last night. I had a feeling for one reason or another Metora would not be going back to her world. I guess i got that feeling when she discovered that her creator had already died. Also, given how quickly she adapted and how much she loved the real world the thought of her staying was always in the back of mind.

Over all the ending was satisfactory to me with the exception of not showing what became of Magane. Although there were a few plot holes i dont think you can make a series like this without leaving some like how overpowered Altairs Holopsicon was. Even in the end i still remained upset about Setsuna it was just tragic what happened to her. I do agree with Magane that the Setsuna that appeared was the real one not a mere creation. Re: creators was fun what i love most was the different personalities of the creators and the creations and most of all i loved the BGM.
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-19, 23:08   Link #2842
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 08:30   Link #2843
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Nice one. Any context of interest to the picture captions?
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 08:37   Link #2844
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 33
Seeing Altair vulnerable was a nice change when Setsuna entered the field. I was curious what Sota was going to do after Selsia sacrificed herself, something I didn't expect. Nice play on the feels those last few eps ;-;

I do also wonder where Magane went off to since we last see her at an airport I think.

edit: Good lord, people getting vicious because of Altair's ending?

They more than likely wrote themselves into a corner with Altair's infinite abilities and Magane's reality hax. Off-hand I can't think of any time bullshit wasn't met with more bullshit to defeat it somehow that wasn't the power of friendship

Let Altair have the same time as a Galactus, Thanos, Darkseid, Beyonder, etc...she'd be a loved character too.

Time to sulk that I'll never have a Marvel vs Capcom anime or even a major crossover that doesn't involve only Jump titles. Let me get some DBZ, My Hero Academia, Gundam, AoT, Evangelion, Final Fantasy and a couple other titles and see what happens.

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2017-09-20 at 09:19.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 13:08   Link #2845
xizro345
King's Justice
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Nice one. Any context of interest to the picture captions?
They're the names of the character and with the sentence that can be translated as "many thanks" in this context.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 23:07   Link #2846
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
They're the names of the character and with the sentence that can be translated as "many thanks" in this context.
Ah, okay. I had hoped it would be a bit more, but it makes sense. Thank you, anyway.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 00:22   Link #2847
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm just surprised at the talent of this artist.

For me, that's impossible to draw.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 01:52   Link #2848
moridin84
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ireland
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wait, where's is Selestia's creator?

What's with Altair's expression? Totally unsuitable to her character.

Also, who is Mamika's creator? I forget what to deal with her creator is.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 07:25   Link #2849
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 42
I'd say Altair deserves a smile after her total victory.
__________________
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-21, 17:26   Link #2850
PhoenixRising
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Wait, where's is Selestia's creator?

What's with Altair's expression? Totally unsuitable to her character.

Also, who is Mamika's creator? I forget what to deal with her creator is.
We don't know. Mamika's Creator was never addressed in the show.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 20:46   Link #2851
outlaw97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Late to the party, but finished up the series a couple days ago - it wasn't perfect, but the highs outshined the lows enough for me to have it on my shortlist of recommendations.

I think one or two of them have been posted before, but the articles that Anime-Now have done on the series have been pretty interesting. The most recent one in particular on Altair being both the hero and villain, does a good job IMHO of summing up the bloodbath that took place in this forum a couple pages ago.

http://www.anime-now.com/entry/tag/recreators

I'd love at least an extra OVA that maybe skips ahead a little further in time - maybe showing how the other creators have been doing. But more to address another tangent: since the reason all of this happened (how creations manifested in the real world) was left unexplained, how do you prepare for a possible second occurrence? Will the government start monitoring all media? Advise edgy authors to have backdoors or literal plot-related failsafes?

The more I think about it, the more it twisted it becomes, so I think I'll stop for now

But let's be real, what we all REALLY want is a movie or OVA that pits Meteora Black versus Magane. Yes.
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 20:50   Link #2852
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
I think one or two of them have been posted before, but the articles that Anime-Now have done on the series have been pretty interesting. The most recent one in particular on Altair being both the hero and villain, does a good job IMHO of summing up the bloodbath that took place in this forum a couple pages ago.

http://www.anime-now.com/entry/tag/recreators
Well the link asked the question; do you feel it is entirely justified to want to murder the entire human race because your creator was bullied? Yes or no?

I already posted my view. But it seems those who argue otherwise, claim that they don't technically agree with genocide even though they still support Altair. So, genocide sympathiser then?

Remember, this is what the link claimed. The poster said that Altair is only a hero if you think she is justified in murdering innocent people. His words, not mine.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 21:34   Link #2853
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Late to the party, but finished up the series a couple days ago - it wasn't perfect, but the highs outshined the lows enough for me to have it on my shortlist of recommendations.

I think one or two of them have been posted before, but the articles that Anime-Now have done on the series have been pretty interesting. The most recent one in particular on Altair being both the hero and villain, does a good job IMHO of summing up the bloodbath that took place in this forum a couple pages ago.

http://www.anime-now.com/entry/tag/recreators

I'd love at least an extra OVA that maybe skips ahead a little further in time - maybe showing how the other creators have been doing. But more to address another tangent: since the reason all of this happened (how creations manifested in the real world) was left unexplained, how do you prepare for a possible second occurrence? Will the government start monitoring all media? Advise edgy authors to have backdoors or literal plot-related failsafes?

The more I think about it, the more it twisted it becomes, so I think I'll stop for now

But let's be real, what we all REALLY want is a movie or OVA that pits Meteora Black versus Magane. Yes.
Actually they probably have a pretty good warning system at the moment. If Meteora starts to have magic powers again they know someone is messing with reality.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 21:42   Link #2854
outlaw97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well the link asked the question; do you feel it is entirely justified to want to murder the entire human race because your creator was bullied? Yes or no?

I already posted my view. But it seems those who argue otherwise, claim that they don't technically agree with genocide even though they still support Altair. So, genocide sympathiser then?

Remember, this is what the link claimed. The poster said that Altair is only a hero if you think she is justified in murdering innocent people. His words, not mine.

Not going to speak for others, but my take on it is:

1. Yes, Altair was wrong to kill people, and potentially the world had she not been stopped. Yes, she should've been punished. Yes, it sucks that she found her happiness with no repercussion, and if that affects you strongly enough to write off the entire show, that's perfectly valid, I won't refute your view.

2. The bigger message to me was one aimed at both creators and consumers. For consumers, bullying is serious business, don't do it. All of this would've never happened had Setsuna not been driven to despair. On the other hand, for creators, they must learn to overcome criticism, and to keep on creating, despite the harshness they may experience from it. This is demonstrated by Souta, who gave up on drawing in the beginning of the series, to the guy who literally saved the world with his creation in the end.

Going back to what I said about highs outshining the lows, #2 was good enough for me to still love the series despite the existence of #1. Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I've come to terms with the fact that sometimes the bad guy can win, and so the next best thing you can hope for is that as few people suffer or are harmed from them winning.

Though it makes me wonder, we can have such a discussion because we knew that the "real" world was at stake, as opposed to the in-anime audience that thought it was all a show. It's a common argument that because people are able to discern between fiction and reality, stories become a way for people to explore bad ideas or themes they could never do in real life. So maybe that's what allowed the audiences to sympathize and accept Altair more - "it doesn't affect MY world, so yeah, her crushing everyone is pretty awesome in its own way". Had they been convinced that Altair was in fact real and was intent on destroying THEIR world, would their acceptance level had been as high?

(The answer is probably no, but then we wouldn't have had a reason for a 2nd cour )
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 22:09   Link #2855
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Though it makes me wonder, we can have such a discussion because we knew that the "real" world was at stake, as opposed to the in-anime audience that thought it was all a show. It's a common argument that because people are able to discern between fiction and reality, stories become a way for people to explore bad ideas or themes they could never do in real life. So maybe that's what allowed the audiences to sympathize and accept Altair more - "it doesn't affect MY world, so yeah, her crushing everyone is pretty awesome in its own way". Had they been convinced that Altair was in fact real and was intent on destroying THEIR world, would their acceptance level had been as high?

(The answer is probably no, but then we wouldn't have had a reason for a 2nd cour )
the problem with that logic is which the majority of that in anime audience was supposed to be "otakus" hardcore fans of some of the heroes, like selesia, her novel and anime where pretty popular and she also this means which a lot of peoples where supposed to be "cheering for her" and upsets with her death, the same goes for the others, they trying to convincing us which "fans" can switch" so easy for a "meme interner miku like that is really hard to believe, that was the big problem for the sake of make altair "OP" and likeable in the end they make it's looks like the audience suffered some sort of "brainwash and altair was the most loved characters in that show, which not was supposed to be the truth. this made the audience look terrible fake and bad "reality represented", instead of a "realistic audience" they ended just being a "tool" for the writers can "have a excuse for altair "OPness", this make even less beliavable all that final mess.

that aways gonna be my big issue on that serie where they made a "fake audience" which was supposed to represent a "real audience" but which somehow worked in a "fake" way where basically everyone was cheering for the villian in the end for the sake of "make altair look awesome cool and OP".

going to real life, get the "avengers" imagine marvel make a movie where all the avengers are fighting thanos and they lose to thanos some of the most loved ending dying and thanos defeated all of then in battle and get almost all he want to just the end for a "plot convenience" decide to not destroy the world" but leaving showing "how awesome thanos is" because he can beat all of them so easy and they never gonna have any chance against him.

let me ask how many peoples would really "like this movie/cartoon" and how many could be "cheering for thanos during the battle rater than they favorite "heroes", really make no sense what the writers did with the audience here and "how cheap and easy manipulated can be a audience".
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-24 at 22:20.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 22:11   Link #2856
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
2. The bigger message to me was one aimed at both creators and consumers. For consumers, bullying is serious business, don't do it. All of this would've never happened had Setsuna not been driven to despair. On the other hand, for creators, they must learn to overcome criticism, and to keep on creating, despite the harshness they may experience from it. This is demonstrated by Souta, who gave up on drawing in the beginning of the series, to the guy who literally saved the world with his creation in the end.
Except, by the story ending the way it is, Creators become a threat to public safety and will now have to be heavily regulated. This is something the story dropped the ball on; Altair being an indestructible villain, lead to the inevitable destruction of the entire industry of story telling. If you can't stop Altair, you have to stop Altair from being created. That means freedom of expression is now dead.

The fact that this isn't what the studio had in mind, doesn't change what they created. The theme is harmed by making Creators a threat to life and happiness. Creators are too dangerous now.

If Altair was actually defeated the conventional way, there would have been an argument to deliberately forming a Creator defence force. Creators would become a force for good. But too late for that now.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 22:49   Link #2857
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
We can say that it's their world's problem now. That and the production staff of the anime.
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii.
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (14/22) and Toji no Miko.
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 32. Completed: 336. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 23:42   Link #2858
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
We can say that it's their world's problem now. That and the production staff of the anime.
In the end it is all about a lack of planning. Something might sound like a neat idea, but then you find out why it isn't done to begin with. Bad guys not being defeated might seem neat, but every decision has a narrative consequence. As many people who like the show already mentioned, they are deliberately ignoring the issue with Creators being a lingering threat. Because if they acknowledged it that would damage the conclusion of the show.

How can Creators be allowed to make mistakes, if mistakes meant a threat to life and limb? How is it that you are suppose to encourage young people to write, when writers in the story get murdered by their creations?

Trying to have the theme be "Don't be afraid to Create stories", but then have the actual plot being the absolute opposite, is most fascinating.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 01:29   Link #2859
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The theme isn't "Don't be afraid to create". It's "Creating is hell. Create anyway.".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Except, by the story ending the way it is, Creators become a threat to public safety and will now have to be heavily regulated. This is something the story dropped the ball on; Altair being an indestructible villain, lead to the inevitable destruction of the entire industry of story telling. If you can't stop Altair, you have to stop Altair from being created. That means freedom of expression is now dead.
That's really just what you think they have to do. I don't think it's particularly logical.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-25, 01:42   Link #2860
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The theme isn't "Don't be afraid to create". It's "Creating is hell. Create anyway."
lol , even if your creation have world destruction potential it's really "something" to be teaching!!!, the writers of creators must had a graduation on the same school like kim jon, hittler and others crazy peoples, if they idea is do "whatever you want even if is hell, while i agree about "freedom" is important this don't means which you can use it to "harm others", remember your freedom ends when the other person freedom starts, lol is really important to be "creative" but also is important to have cautions and know when something can be "potentail good or bad", write just for the sake of "write" is not showing which you are "smart" or good at it, this only show which you are a "never give up person", but this don't means which you stop of "fail" if you don't change or try to think another tactic and keep pushing the same over and over.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.