AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-06-28, 12:37   Link #10121
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House Nį∞
Never liked ZnT. So, knowing that because of it we had to wait a whole year for a new volume of Blade Dance is really frustrating to me.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 12:53   Link #10122
Natsume01

^ I agree with you. Well I did watch the anime some years ago but never read the novels.
What makes it even more frustrating is that he never said that it was (one of) the reason why Seirei Tsukai was delayed so much (the other being waiting for the old illustrator and the change of illustrator), and that there is still no news for the next volume.

It's been already 4 months and since we know the date around one month before the publication, we can guess that it won't be released even in July.
Natsume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 13:06   Link #10123
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume01 View Post
^ I agree with you. Well I did watch the anime some years ago but never read the novels.
What makes it even more frustrating is that he never said that it was (one of) the reason why Seirei Tsukai was delayed so much
(the other being waiting for the old illustrator and the change of illustrator), and that there is still no news for the next volume.

It's been already 4 months and since we know the date around one month before the publication, we can guess that it won't be released even in July.
The Author of the last ZnT novels WAS supposed to be kept secret while they were being written.

We were not supposed to know at the time.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 13:25   Link #10124
Natsume01

^ Well, I didn't know. But why is that so?

Well like I said I don't read ZnT so I don't care about that, I just want a new volume now.
Let's hope it'll be released in August.
Old 2017-06-28, 14:52   Link #10125
OmegaWeaponZ

^It seems you underestimate the effect fans/readers can have on a writer. Just look at the recent incident with Tokyo Ghoul. A series can attract all types of people, from the casual all the way to fanatical. This would be more so the case when you consider what he was ghost writing for (ZnT). It was both to protect him and to prevent any backlash from fans not liking the way the volumes turned out or the writer chose to write them.(From a corporate point of view, this could hurt sales, so even more reason why they wouldn't want to disclose the writer).

Honestly, I actually happy for the writer being able to help finish the work which inspired him. Not many authors these days, or even past, can claim to have done what he did.
Old 2017-06-28, 15:22   Link #10126
Natsume01

^ I didn't really underestimate those 'fanatical fans', just that I didn't think of them here.
I mean I agree with what you said and all, but in the end they did reveal it's him. So what you said still stand. Those 'fans' you talk about could still not like this.
I don't read Tokyo Ghoul either. Did something happen?

But yeah, while I don't read ZnT, I'm happy that there are some authors like this.
Now I just wished the author of Kaze no Stigma had left manuscripts for future volumes and that someone else wrote for him. But that's a dream within a dream.

Anyway, is there really no news from the author? (maybe from his twitter if he has one or from the publisher's.)
Found nothing on the MF Bunko blog.
Old 2017-06-28, 15:36   Link #10127
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Never liked ZnT. So, knowing that because of it we had to wait a whole year for a new volume of Blade Dance is really frustrating to me.
Even if you don't like it (I personally despise Louise and her archetype) the fact that he was able to contribute to his inspirations final work as well as complete a series that, like it or not, had a huge influence on the anime sub-culture on both sides of the ocean has to tug your heart strings a little.
Old 2017-06-28, 16:30   Link #10128
Marx-93

Frankly, as a writer it is the highest honour, and like XFire said ZnT is one of the more hugely influential LNs there has been. The 'isekai' genre probably would be different without ZnT.
Marx-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 17:32   Link #10129
Weather
Wonder Wind

Yup ZnT whether people liked or not was probably one if not the main influence in Isekai LNs.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-28, 22:50   Link #10130
dragon1412

Like it or not, Znt was one of the novel that beginning the entire genre for what it did and also one of the 1st gen novel back in the day. Objectively speaking, while I do have some problem with ZnT characters, the books world building is top notch and rarely I found novel nowadays capable of topping it world building.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-29, 00:24   Link #10131
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, so the author puts his/her work on hiatus to finish the book that inspired them, which is obviously a great honor. People bashing him/her because they could not get another volume is just plain selfish.

Think of it being the quality of blade dance being recognized instead.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 11:22   Link #10132
AP24

I'm hoping now that he's finished with writing ZnT's final volumes, the release of Blade Dance volumes will be faster. Though Blade Dance Vol 17 is not on list of August releases.
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 02:15   Link #10133
medassin

Not from august or september, but what this

Quote:
精霊使いの剣舞
 短編集 (仮)
('17/07より延期)
志瑞祐 仁村有志
Old 2017-07-21, 09:00   Link #10134
DrScorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by medassin View Post
Not from august or september, but what this
Just guessing but they might be the collection of short stories the author mentioned.
Old 2017-07-21, 18:28   Link #10135
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

From what I understand, that's the short story collection. It appears it was originally going to release on July 17, but for some reason, it was postponed.

Though I'm not completely sure so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 05:25   Link #10136
medassin

then, i hope we have full story about Spirit war and ranbal war
Old 2017-09-01, 01:11   Link #10137
zzhk
Summary Machine

Volume 17: Spirit Dance Festival is scheduled for October 25th. This is probably the short story collection mentioned before.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 01:21   Link #10138
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Volume 17: Spirit Dance Festival is scheduled for October 25th. This is probably the short story collection mentioned before.
It's not Vol 17 since there's no 17 in the title.
AP24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-01, 08:56   Link #10139
DrScorcher

So short SoL type stories? I look forward to the world-building in the next volume.
Old 2017-09-18, 09:34   Link #10140
HiroLsn

New illustrator?

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/book_detail/1585
HiroLsn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap