AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-01, 07:13   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

Spoilers have been released...I think.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 19:36   Link #2
Owlman

Hm, let me guess, Tobirama and Orochimaru admire Naruto and Sasuke some more and draw further parallels to Hashirama and Madara, and give more hints to their final showdown that are as subtle as a sledgehammer, to beat that dead horse some more. We'll probably get 2-3 pages of actual content, where Sasuke and Naruto powerup for another combo attack that will end up being meaningless (because Naruto has to be the one to succeed of course), and right when its about to hit, we'll yet again, get a perfectly timed flashback continuation to tell us yet again that Hashirama wanted peace with all the nations. Maybe juugo will get seriously hurt, and possibly die. Naruto ends the chapter with another battle cry of not letting his friends down, after hearing some nihilistic crap from Obito again.

lol excuse the rant, I've just been pretty frustrated and bored for the past 10+ chapters of this thing. Kishimoto really needs to put this story in gear; he's ruining such a good story by adding so much unecessary bullshit.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 06:54   Link #3
Apollian

I can see that there's great positivity there from your post and your really looking forward to it!.
or maybe not!.
I'm actually expecting the Five Kages have a conversation with previous Hokages!,
for things like that a lot of revelations will be told and foretold. for that I don't mind if this chapter drags on if the conversation is worth while. Hash speaking to Tsunade is possibility high on the list. after that, then we can get back to the action.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:28   Link #4
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
great positivity there!.
I am using the law of attraction to get an awesome chapter. Let's see if it works!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 07:54   Link #5
Gundamx

kakashi is really chilling out in the other dimension
than again he was not the type to rush out to battle

(small break better than fighting without stamina after all he was fighting against 7 sword > Tobi + tails best > tobi + madara without resting at all)

either that or they don't want him to steal the show or turn him to fodder like bee

+ I like this picture
Images
Hinata (6)> Sasuke(4)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 08:58   Link #6
Owlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollian View Post
I can see that there's great positivity there from your post and your really looking forward to it!.
or maybe not!.
I'm still looking forward to when the plot actually budges, but was skeptical to it actually doing so.

Quote:
I'm actually expecting the Five Kages have a conversation with previous Hokages!,
for things like that a lot of revelations will be told and foretold. for that I don't mind if this chapter drags on if the conversation is worth while. Hash speaking to Tsunade is possibility high on the list. after that, then we can get back to the action.
Well, we got the "revelation" that Hashirama is remorseful that he couldn't do a better job to prevent the problems of his generation from transpiring to the next. Again...
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:18   Link #7
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Naruto got Bleached. Is it still considered stalling?
Old 2013-10-02, 09:25   Link #8
DKN117

I can see it all now:

Kakashi: "Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I got lost on the road of... of..." *Spots Sasuke, Orochimaru, the previous Hokage, and the Five Kage* "(calmly) ...Okay, what'd I miss?"
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:30   Link #9
Eragon
Still Alive

Hey, someone gimme a wall. There's a head waiting to be banged on it.
Old 2013-10-02, 09:47   Link #10
james0246

Blah, what an overindulgent and ill-paced chapter. Can we finally move on to some serious fighting now?...
Old 2013-10-02, 09:58   Link #11
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Blah, what an overindulgent and ill-paced chapter. Can we finally move on to some serious fighting now?...
it would have been fine if it was the only one, but it's about the 20th chapter like this since the war began...

when i saw sai i just assumed he was saying: "i love these chapters! it's the only time i ever get a panel anymore!"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:09   Link #12
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
I am using the law of attraction to get an awesome chapter. Let's see if it works!
The Secret sucks!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:15   Link #13
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
I can see it all now:

Kakashi: "Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I got lost on the road of... of..." *Spots Sasuke, Orochimaru, the previous Hokage, and the Five Kage* "(calmly) ...Okay, what'd I miss?"
No, the joke will be that by the time he arrives everything will have finished and everyone except him will have seen it, he will be teased until his as old as Madara
mangamuscle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 10:38   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
So Naruto is the new Hashirama. Sasuke the new Madara. And Shikamaru is the new Tobirama. Do we have any other parallels we need to get to? Sakura as forgotten as Mito was in Hashirama's flashbacks?

Someone once wrote that Shikamaru would be like Tobirama. I never thought Kishi would go for it. But it makes sense I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The last chapter was the exact same crap, even worse with the ill-timed flashbacks, but you were okay with it. The manga has been like this for ages. At least this one addressed two situations that needed to be dealt with before the plot continued to move at its glacier pace. Shikamaru and what happened to Kakashi. Oh, and Naruto with his Jesus powers.

To be honest, I don't even care about serious fighting anymore. I don't think Kishi even does at this point. What are we really looking forward to?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 11:34   Link #15
Birdway
Banned

Well, at least Naruto once he becomes Hokage he will have Shikamaru playing the role of Tobirama.

That if Naruto doesn't leaves that tittle to Sasuke
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 11:39   Link #16
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
No, the joke will be that by the time he arrives everything will have finished and everyone except him will have seen it, he will be teased until his as old as Madara
Nah, that'll be Yamato's position.
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 12:16   Link #17
BlueCosmos

Another chapter of random explosions and flash backs with feeling jizz everywhere.
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 13:28   Link #18
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The last chapter was the exact same crap, even worse with the ill-timed flashbacks, but you were okay with it. The manga has been like this for ages. At least this one addressed two situations that needed to be dealt with before the plot continued to move at its glacier pace. Shikamaru and what happened to Kakashi. Oh, and Naruto with his Jesus powers.

To be honest, I don't even care about serious fighting anymore. I don't think Kishi even does at this point. What are we really looking forward to?
Last chapter reintroduced the Kages and had a relevant flashback detailing the birth of the Village system. This chapter had no new information for any involved and does nothing to move the plot forward. I can handle a chapter that does nothing but praise a character, but there must be some reason for the praise and there must be some information involved in forwarding the plot while the mindless praise persist. None of that was evident in this chapter.
Old 2013-10-02, 14:56   Link #19
sayde

Well if there was one *new* thing I took from this chapter, it's that it officially confirmed Shikamaru's desire to become Naruto's new BFF. lol

I distinctly remember an interview awhile back where Kishi claimed that was his intended end goal for his character. But up until this point, I never felt like Shikamaru regarded Naruto as any more or less important than the rest of the Konoha 11 (minus Hinata and Sakura for obvious reasons). So it's cool to see Shikamaru finally spell it out for us. Sasuke better watch out.

And as for Kiba, that guy's turning into the ultimate bandwagon jumper. And Hinata...well she's still just as bound and determined to be next to Naruto in some way shape or form as she was a few chapters ago. I guess it's nice for the morale of shippers like myself to get some reaffirmation every once in awhile.

I know Naruto may feel like it's dragging. But this is currently leaps and bounds better than Bleach's pacing. In fact, I might owe Bleach credit for being able to enjoy recently released chapters of Naruto more than I would have otherwise.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:11   Link #20
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Sasuke was noticeably left out of the foreshadowing. I don't claim to know what that means but if things are to go different from Hashiramas time he is going to have to play a role meaning our new madara is likely gonna have to make the opposite choices of the old one

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion