AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-29, 02:00   Link #241
R.LocK
My turn

Sette's equipment doesn't include panties, and it is too distracting.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 02:10   Link #242
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Are there RL examples of guild drama destroying famous guilds?
While it happens in literally every mmo, no matter how big or small the game is, the easiest examples are EVE online, with most of the drama, the politics, backstabbing, etc there being covered by major news sites. Its basically like watching Legend of Galactic Heroes, but with a lot more swearing. There are literally books out covering the history of that game and its numerous dramas and conspiracies.

This is an interesting interview from few years ago as an example of a GIANT guild falling apart via politics and backstabbing: http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/04/g...litical-drama/

And sometimes those feuds in MMOs leave the virtual space and traverse to the real life - the situation we saw previous episode with Ako assaulting the teacher? That is far more frequent than one would think in real life...And in most of cases that ends in murder:
http://listverse.com/2010/11/07/top-...ame-addiction/

The ironic thing about Netoge so far is that while it is extremely funny, it deals with topics that are VERY close to reality.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 03:58   Link #243
Random14

Ah, still one of the funnier MMO-related animes I've seen. Especially that bit with the lockboxes, that's why people hate premium gamers in play-to-win games, it only encourages the developers to rip off money that way.

Not as much focus this time on Ako's issues- its funny to see her literally typing away at a keyboard to get extra money, but yeah, it'd be nice to quit life and be online all day. Though that guild is probably one of the more extreme examples- quit work and school and just raise stats all day. Although I think they gave a friendly farewell? Or not, hard to tell with MMOs, the anonymity often attracts some of the worst types, but that' s just how the Internet is.

Odd to have that song in the middle, but guess that's one way to pass the time. Ah, Ako, kind of an ideal wife in some ways, but also the kind who will never let go (not willingly at least), which is part of what makes Hideki so awkward around her. The yandere eyes are always fun, especially in real life. Don't think those girls were bullying her, she just doesn't want to talk to people in real life. And funny how she described their first meeting, while Hideki remembers how it actually went... then that scenario played out almost exactly with Sette. Yeah, better hope Sette doesn't wander into a PVP area with Ako.

Wonder how long until we find out who she is (yeah, no mystery there).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 04:56   Link #244
IceHism

Heh, I don't usually see these mmo cliches anymore these days. Well except white knighting I guess since my friend gets so much gifts just playing online games just for being a girl. Oh and I hate these mystery boxes. So much RNG.

Man, I'd give up on ako right away in trying to convert her.
I hope she at least starts making the first steps to improvement soon

Pink haired girl wants to probably get closer with Akane I think.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 09:37   Link #245
tsunade666

man, I just watched the episode and its funny and fun to watched.

I played net games during my school year but not once I encountered net dramas in guild... or maybe not. but its more on guild problem and gold/money sharing in making/managing the guild house. People get antsy when no one donated and helped in making the guild stronger. Since I always played with hardcore gamers that won't sleep at night just to grind and raid. We didn't encounter much drama pertaining to girl but there is someone I know that always log out during the annoying time when his girlfriend is being annoying/jealous of him.

its really annoying when you need to pause or wait for a member to pacify their gf's. its also not funny when where playing lan games/dota and someone will raid the computer shop because the gf got angry because the guy choose to play than meet her.

well... its bayad pc and may pustahan eh hahaha

ignore ignore when I'm seeing that >_>
Old 2016-04-29, 10:25   Link #246
Shlugo

Schwein and Rusian are doing horrible job hiding their true selves Especially Schwein who's denial is suspiciously specific.

The date was nice

Cat-sensei has a whole guild of white knights. This is probably the funniest thing yet.

Oh no a drama lama approaches, and the crisis could be averted if Rusian just told the newbie to not be so clingy. But he won't since he's an idiot.
Shlugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 10:47   Link #247
Dark Wing

You know awhile ago (I think it was during Log Horizon's run) I said that I'd love to see an anime about lives of MMO players both on and offline. Looks like someone was listening because I got my wish.

I've been a little busy since this season started but I managed to catch up with some of the new series and this one is on my favorites list. I love how well this show blends its comedy with how Ako’s situation and her relation to Hideki are taken seriously. Defiantly going to keep watching.
Old 2016-04-29, 10:48   Link #248
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post
Schwein and Rusian are doing horrible job hiding their true selves Especially Schwein who's denial is suspiciously specific.

The date was nice

Cat-sensei has a whole guild of white knights. This is probably the funniest thing yet.

Oh no a drama lama approaches, and the crisis could be averted if Rusian just told the newbie to not be so clingy. But he won't since he's an idiot.
russian actually never was trying to hidding his trueself he is just your typical shuper shy mc, which is embarrased of his love for games and overal, then while he is open about his love he don't like to talk about it, because is embarrasing for him, but he is open about being a gamer otaku everyone in his class know and know which ako is his girlfriend but mc is "too shy" to open admit it, here we have the case of the turtle and the rabbit, mc is the turtle which want get his "relationship" progressing very slow while ako is the rabbit which want things more fast that is they dinamic, he love her and see her as his gilfriend but is too shy and insecure to be "proud or more open about it", while for her they already married( well at last in game ).

the only person with problem is really Schwein which think which being a gamer can destroy her 'life" what based on russian relationship in school could be a unbiased vision since this school don't looks like a place with bulliers, all the classmaters are fine with russian otaku gamer nature then they could be fine with Schwein too, she just need to stop with all that worries, other which make me sad is the concil pres, because she suffer from the "ojou-sama" curse where even if she is open about what she like peoples probably don't believe because they have a fake image of her as being the perfect person which is above everyone and none "normal person" can talk with her because she is too perfect, then she is a "forced loner".

the cat-sensei have a whole guild at her service, this is really awesome
Old 2016-04-29, 10:55   Link #249
Freeter
beyond

Someone needs to make a mod of the girl from Yandere Simulator into Ako, she'd fit perfectly
Old 2016-04-29, 13:53   Link #250
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlugo View Post

How else are we going to get our weekly dose of drama?
Old 2016-04-29, 13:59   Link #251
wuhugm
Confused Shark

All the other girls are more interesting than Ako... ugh... Japan, choose your main heroine better, duh...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 14:44   Link #252
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Are there RL examples of guild drama destroying famous guilds?
Definitely. I was in one of the largest guilds on my server in FFXIV. I logged off one day and when I came back on the next day, we went from nearly 400 people down to a little over 100 in the 12 hours i was logged off (many were alts of course). Turns out another guild member was trying to do a hostile takeover from the guild owner and ended up having to be kicked from the guild. It started a whole chain reaction that destroyed most of the guild in one night because people started leaving to join the other guy, to get away from the drama, or to join another guild. The guild owner was so depressed at being blindsided, he gave the guild to a friend and quit the game. I stopped playing not long after. All because one guy started stirring up trouble.

As for the newest episode, I think its pretty obvious that pink haired girl is Sette. Not sure why she'd cling to Rusian like that. It's possible Ako is just seeing it like that though the sprites might just be next to each other on screen.
Old 2016-04-29, 16:39   Link #253
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
As for the newest episode, I think its pretty obvious that pink haired girl is Sette. Not sure why she'd cling to Rusian like that. It's possible Ako is just seeing it like that though the sprites might just be next to each other on screen.
she have a reason to do that well more than one, one is spoiler ofcourse but other is very logical.

she know which mc is a otaku gamer, again peoples are forgeting it, or maybe anime is not making clear the things.

Hideki is a open otaku gamer, in class everyone know his love for game and which he play online games, he is not like miss piggy which trying to hidden her gamer side, then since he helped her and she recognize him by his nick, then she like any newbie tried to "be the most close she can" to someone which can help her learn more in the game and since she is a "typical "non gamer girl" which is just entering in this "new world" she will act girlish which will obvious make ako jelly since she is very easy to get jelly.
Old 2016-04-29, 17:12   Link #254
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Odd to have that song in the middle, but guess that's one way to pass the time. Ah, Ako, kind of an ideal wife in some ways, but also the kind who will never let go (not willingly at least), which is part of what makes Hideki so awkward around her. The yandere eyes are always fun, especially in real life. Don't think those girls were bullying her, she just doesn't want to talk to people in real life. And funny how she described their first meeting, while Hideki remembers how it actually went... then that scenario played out almost exactly with Sette. Yeah, better hope Sette doesn't wander into a PVP area with Ako.
Actually, given their classes, that would probably go worse for Ako.
Quote:
<Ako> attacks <Sette>! Critical failure!
[Staff of Healing] damages <Sette> for 1 HP.
<Sette> automatically counters! Critical success!
[Sword of Retribution] damages <Ako> for 1545 HP.
<Ako> is slain!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Could be that that kind of interaction is an option that Sette unknowingly activated (perhaps by clicking on his sprite to initiate conversation) because she didn't know any better (about the possibility or the repercussions).
Old 2016-04-29, 19:20   Link #255
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

They couldn't make it more obvious who the new girl is? lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 20:38   Link #256
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Ako isn't stupid either, she found out quickly who was Nekohime.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 23:15   Link #257
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

NSFW
Naked bathing!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-29, 23:19   Link #258
tsunade666

Has someone manage to combine together to get the full image of broken shwein/akane? Please post it. I like the image
Old 2016-04-30, 07:21   Link #259
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 4:
I don't know if I should be scared at Ako's "deep love" like right now? Still, a great insight on how she met Hide- I mean Lucian!

Speaking of Ako-chan, there would be murder when Sette is starting to become clingy towards Lucian.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-30, 10:46   Link #260
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
NSFW
Naked bathing!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yes! Kyou is best girl!

....but no Yui-sensei?! I can understand Nanako given the timing, but sensei?!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, not harem, romcom