AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-16, 05:23   Link #41
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
While the episode was good I noticed the studio is moving some parts from other volumes and adding it mixed with volume 1, nothing too important but it gave me the feel that they're going to adapt at least 4 volumes in this season.
Not quite. That was probably Yomis decision for whatever reason, maybe just like things you would change with a second chance.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 08:35   Link #42
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Which leads us to Haruto's role in this series. It seems compared to Nayu and Itsuki's prodigal writing abilities, Haruto is more the cold and calculated type who understands what the market wants and then caters to their taste. He represents the more business side of the industry, and would do anything and everything for more sales. And he's damn good at it, as evidenced to be the only character to actually have an anime series based on his books.
I bet it's a one-cour anime, though. He's not going to break into the really elite ranks of 2 or even 4 cour.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 09:55   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

In all honesty though, it's not the length of the show, but how much it sells. If 'trash' like Infinite Stratos that has only 1 cour sell 10+k a volume, it's still considered a success. Even if it didn't, more often than not it helps the boost of source sales. So having or not having an anime adaptation is a bigger deal than having a 1 cour or 2 cour show, especially when only around a fifth of all new shows are 2 cours or longer.

So while Haruto may only have a 1 cour adaptation, he certainly is still ahead the likes of Nayu/Itsuki, who he seems desperate to be ahead of.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 15:47   Link #44
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Interesting, and eccentric show...especially that starting scene. Made my skin crawl from all the nonsense Itsuki wrote in the manuscript

Nayu is cute. Eccentric, but cute

It touches a lot of topics that I can relate to I liked the underlying topic about writing styles, or how the characters "do their job"; and the talented vs the normal.
Old 2017-10-17, 00:20   Link #45
ArrowSmith

Well, this show IS trash but with a dark side. I wonder at this point if these Japanese light novel authors are really catering to a perverted 'imouto lover' class of men or they're just fucking with us?

Quote:
That's why you have the MC calling Myaa-san a 'slut', and with Nayu following suit calling the ikemen Haruto a 'manwhore'. Hell, even now Nayu has the impression that college girls are cocksuckers, so they have these stereotypes in their heads that are obviously wrong. MC has already acknowledged he was wrong, though Nayu needs to literally get out more. XD
Didn't Nayu attend college too? Why would she get the idea that college girls are sluts?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2017-10-17 at 07:20. Reason: Please use the “edit” button to add content to your post instead of double posting.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 10:15   Link #46
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wow lmao this makes Eromanga-sensei look classy. I mean I expected trashy stuff given who's doing it, but dang.
Well, Eromanga is Haruto's work afterall.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-17, 10:33   Link #47
BWTraveller
Born to ship

This is a huge contrast to Eromanga. Frankly, I don't consider Masamune from Eromanga to be technically a "siscon", and this gives a fair image of what a real siscon is. This is a guy who's obsessed with the concept of a sister, and views sisterhood to be a huge plus, a quality that makes a girl more attractive. Masamune and Sagiri fell in love in spite of their relationship and are shown struggling with the conflict between the two; it's something that mentally interferes with their love rather than something that cements or accentuates their love. There's a huge difference between a guy who declares he wants to be a girl's brother because he doesn't think she wants him as a lover and a guy who wants to have a sister so she can be his lover.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 10:27   Link #48
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From Nayu lewding the egg to the MC's mishmash LN scene combining his experiences in Okinawa and Hokkaido, this episode was more focused on the comedy than actual plot progression. Which I was expecting, because for all the little details surrounding our cast, the show itself isn't one that hinges on conflict or drama, so SoL stuff like this will probably the norm following.

(Although at one point, I was questioning whether or not this was a cooking anime, with all the different local dishes and the exaggerated taste descriptions.. XD)

If there's one thing we can take away, it is that the MC does in fact have some sort of feelings towards Nayu (no surprise since she's the closest thing to 'Alice'). For all the Harem MC-like feigned obliviousness (which was hilarious in its own right), Miyako does bring it up that she thought he was stringing Nayu all along despite Nayu's grandiose 'acts of love'. Which I guess is as meta as it can be, both in regards to Itsuki and harem LNs in general.

Old 2017-10-22, 14:06   Link #49
HandofFate

interesting episode 03.

MC has quite the inferiority complex. Not worthy of Nayu, not worthy of the illustarotr's art, ect
Old 2017-10-22, 16:26   Link #50
ArrowSmith

Quote:
From Nayu lewding the egg to the MC's mishmash LN scene combining his experiences in Okinawa and Hokkaido, this episode was more focused on the comedy than actual plot progression. Which I was expecting, because for all the little details surrounding our cast, the show itself isn't one that hinges on conflict or drama, so SoL stuff like this will probably the norm following.

(Although at one point, I was questioning whether or not this was a cooking anime, with all the different local dishes and the exaggerated taste descriptions.. XD)

If there's one thing we can take away, it is that the MC does in fact have some sort of feelings towards Nayu (no surprise since she's the closest thing to 'Alice'). For all the Harem MC-like feigned obliviousness (which was hilarious in its own right), Miyako does bring it up that she thought he was stringing Nayu all along despite Nayu's grandiose 'acts of love'. Which I guess is as meta as it can be, both in regards to Itsuki and harem LNs in general.
Sort of like people wondering if Final Fantasy V is a cooking game?
Old 2017-10-22, 16:59   Link #51
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

bffft, did the MC just dissed Kodaka not 5 minutes into the episode?
Old 2017-10-22, 18:02   Link #52
AB079
Banned

Really boring episode to be honest, nothing worth the time except for one little detail and that's the inferiority complex of Itsuki.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 18:09   Link #53
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Shark and imouto, that is one idea to add to my archives. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-22, 21:08   Link #54
ArrowSmith

This show IS trash, but still better than Oreimo or Eromanga Sensei.
Old 2017-10-22, 21:36   Link #55
IceHism

Wow, skinny dipping. That's pretty bold.

I liked the food this episode. Though I kind of found it annoying that he says they shouldn't be partners because he feels that his series isnt worth his art. Dude just wants to make art for him so he should let him. If the guy felt like he isn't learning or felt satisfied with his work, then he would have drew for someone else already
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-23, 01:31   Link #56
rladls2121

Actually, I don't think it is about Itsuki's "Imouto" centered idea of a story that everyone is losing minds.
But, it's like the series is actually trying to show us that story about a big brother and little sister loving each other is bad.

Itsuki's current writing, just doesn't seem interesting as far as i can see.
Makes me wonder what kind of the book that he wrote in the past that break free of Nayuta's depression?
Surely, that book wasn't about "Imouto" themed one.

Still, it doesn't matter what kind of story Itsuki write, but he is really in struggle to make a great story.

It is too bad, Itsuki might have considered the ideas of Nayuta's egg licking part, evading the sensitive love rejection with weird jokes, and he didn't get to really picture the beach scenes because waiting behind a big rock while Nayuta's and Miyako naked along with having their thoughts at the moment.
Though tese kinds of scenes were just small parts, at least these were interesting to me, more than Itsuki's imaginations.

Especially the egg licking really got me in the episode, in other meaning, playing with food like that is one of the reasons Itsuki still sees Nayuta as a child I guess.
Who am kidding, this is just a beginning, still episode 3.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2017-10-23 at 01:47.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 12:23   Link #57
HandofFate

Nothing much happening in episode 4 other than the introduction of a new character.
But I liked enjoyed the conversation, and the reminder that all these characters are regular adults despite the silliness that creeps into the environment.

Also liked how even though Haruto has the much better sales, his fans are less passionate given the difference of chocolate received
Old 2017-10-29, 14:36   Link #58
AB079
Banned

This series is getting pretty boring to be honest, is not like I was expecting something good or decent but some of the first episodes were even better than EMS, still has some bits that makes up for those boring segments like the usual reminder that despite all the comedy the characters still have a goal.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 23:37   Link #59
IceHism

i want a tax accountant now.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 00:06   Link #60
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man, what I would give for my tax accountant to look like Goth Loli sensei from Shirobako. XD

As for the show itself, I don't deny it's slow (lol an ENTIRE episode just for a side character?), but I personally wouldn't have it any other way. Other shows may focus on romcom hijinks or other exciting events to keep their audience glued, but for me, there's a certain charm in this show for being more mundane than the others.

Sure you have really eccentric characters like MC, Nayu and Ashley, but rather than having the entire cast made of colourful characters, you have people like Myaa-san, Ikemen, and Chihiro to balance it out. For once I'm not wondering if we are going anywhere with the plot, and sometimes my obsession makes me tired watching certain shows for foreshadowing clues. Here? I just take whatever comes and enjoy it, and it's refreshing for me.

Tags
harem