Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-27, 23:22   Link #221
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They're still cute! Well, maybe not Mitsuba but the other two sure are.
I must be the only person that likes Mitsuba the best of the triplets. There's something about her astoundingly bad luck and occasional displays of conscience that appeal to me in spite of (or maybe in contrast to) her other massive character flaws.

I think we're lucky we got as many episode as we did. It seems this show was planned as a split cour from the start. I'm guessing production on the second season was already underway when the sales results from the first season started coming in, which is why it was cut short. If the show had been produced under the "let's see how the first cour does" model, we'd have never seen the 8 episodes in the second season.

I agree that those first couple of episodes probably killed the sales potential of the series. I was already leery of it just from the premise. I expected something like Kodomo no Jikan based on the description, but after being surprised the last few years by series that sounded horrible yet turned out fine (like B Gata H Kei) I gave it a shot. And those first two episodes were not very good at all. At that point we hadn't seen any of the triplets' good sides, and they just seemed relentlessly mean. Once all the supporting characters started getting introduced and the opportunities for comedy involving them increased, the series started getting much better.

It didn't help that the character designs probably don't appeal to a lot of people. I know I thought the characters were ugly at first, but they've definitely grown on me. I read a few chapters of the manga the other day and my goodness. The anime designs are beautiful compared to the art in the manga (at least the early part, maybe the art got better later).
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 23:40   Link #222
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Cute end. The Kikuko Inoue 17 joke was funny
Old 2011-02-28, 00:15   Link #223
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
I must be the only person that likes Mitsuba the best of the triplets. There's something about her astoundingly bad luck and occasional displays of conscience that appeal to me in spite of (or maybe in contrast to) her other massive character flaws.

Oh, I like Mitsuba - as I've said before, she's one of the great schlemazels of modern anime. You can't help but pity her abysmal luck, and I agree that she flashes her heart of gold - buried under all that fat and pomposity - quite often. I just don't happen to think she's nearly as cute as either of her sisters.

Is it just me, or was that "Ishi Yaki-imo" song like the best thing ever? Gotta love Japan.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-02-28 at 00:27.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 05:16   Link #224
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

God, such a great 'ending' but I can't help but feel angry that the sales weren't high enough to keep on following the manga. Maybe some day, by some magical forces, there will be another season..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 23:55   Link #225
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ep.8

The final scene with Daddy was great, got a little teary there. Aw I really wish there was more of this series, I really like these kids, they really grew on me. I like series that start off slow and picks up later on.

Anyways anybody wanna have kids like these? If so who would you take? All three or just 2 or only one?

I'd take them all if my savings budget can withstand all the terror they're causing. Man Denis the menace, Bart Simpson and other naughty kids has met their match.
Old 2011-03-01, 23:59   Link #226
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If I had to take one as a kid, it would be Hitoha. She's smart, doesn't eat much but cooks, and she's beyond kawaii. Plus, she's an otaku.

As a character, I still love Futaba the best. But she's a human emergency room recruiter - I don't think I'd survive having her around the house.
Old 2011-03-02, 22:01   Link #227
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You can't help but pity her abysmal luck
Mitsuba doesn't have abysmal luck, or even bad luck. I don't think anyone in this show has bad luck, except for maybe the trio's dad and Shin. Both of them land in unfortunate situations and manage to make them worse, but with everyone else, it's usually their own fault. With Mitsuba especially, she's a little sadist that's always getting screwed over whenever she tries to mess with someone else. There are two really good examples in the extra episodes, with the exercise machine she broke and the balance ball she popped. If I had to pity her, it would be because she never learns her lesson, not for her luck.

Also, I'd have to take all three, not just one. I think it'd be harder to deal with each of them separately than as a set. You'd get worn out from their individual faults without the positives of the other two to cover for it.
Old 2011-03-05, 14:58   Link #228
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Marui-ke Omake - Things That Cannot Be Bought With Money:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 01:22   Link #229
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Series wrap-up:

Spoiler for Bonus Episode:

I'll miss you, Mitsudomoe - you were one of the classic comedies of recent memory.
Old 2011-03-06, 02:30   Link #230
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

This bonus episode was like the series in a nutshell -- a little hit or miss but ultimately full of heart and charm. Although those oppai segments were like the first two episodes: not very funny and a little bit too much on the tasteless side of the scale. The rest of the episode made up for it though, especially the ending at the sushi bar. I always enjoy the interaction between Sugisaki and Mitsuba, and this one was one of the best. Yoshioka's typical over imagining (or was it?) of yuri between Sugisaki and Mitsuba was hilarious too.

So this is the end I guess. Sales of the series have remained dismal, so I doubt we'll see any more of Mitsudomoe (an OAD is about all we could hope for). I'm still glad we got 22 episodes out of it, and hats off to one of the best comedy surprises of the past year.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-06, 14:24   Link #231
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
-Edited away-

Last edited by Dist; 2011-03-06 at 14:28. Reason: nvm
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 00:17   Link #232
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The bonus ep was more disturbing than funny for me
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 12:42   Link #233
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Just marathoned the show. Great season 2, I probably liked it a bit more than the first season due to less pantsu and more focus on the entire cast. The quirkier season 1 had more memorable moments though, iirc.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 23:05   Link #234
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Things why this one never aired in the first season.

Spoiler for Special Episode.:

Rare to see an episode with alot of Hitoha and Futaba interaction.
Old 2011-03-09, 02:35   Link #235
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
The bonus ep was more disturbing than funny for me
It isn't Mitsudomoe if it doesn't make you at least a bit uncomfortable.

The current manga chapters has so many deliciously uncomfortable/hilarious moments. Damn those DVD sales.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 05:10   Link #236
sikvod00

Still waiting for subs to come out for the bonus ep.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 13:51   Link #237
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

What does Hitoha call Mitsuba when she's insulting her and they censor it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Still waiting for subs to come out for the bonus ep.
Subs were out a day after the last episode of the second season aired.
Old 2011-03-14, 04:54   Link #238
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
What does Hitoha call Mitsuba when she's insulting her and they censor it?

Do you mean the 'xxx pig' insult? She called her mesu buta or female pig
Old 2011-03-14, 07:57   Link #239
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Do you mean the 'xxx pig' insult? She called her mesu buta or female pig
Yea, that's the one. Why do they censor that, just to add to the joke?
Old 2011-03-15, 00:07   Link #240
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Dunno, mang :/

Tags
comedy, shounen