AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Horizon S2 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 52 83.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-25, 12:03   Link #41
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Spoiler for Sub:
Old 2012-09-25, 12:39   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ It isn't like it is too risky, but rather how it is impossible to convey "raw" as Live for broadcast and at the same time the meaning for "that".
Really unless you use a tl note, no dice.

This episode felt a bit disjointed due to its uneven pacing, but it was quite epic, with many confrontations, be it "railgun" shirojiro, Musashi VS San Martin fleet, and Musou Futayo.
Speaking of which, it was a pity we couldn't have any "real" foreshadowing of Tonbokiri being able to detach itself and have multiple parts (that one in S1 against Muneshigo was way too short and in stealth to be noted), so her counters to Gin were a bit "pulled out of nowhere" at first.

I hope there will be more material brought about Gin and Muneshige: the couple is amusing and interesting, but aside of the issue regarding Muneshige's position tied to his name inheritance, there isn't really any material regarding their backstory, while the flashbacks and ending spark even more interesting stuff without any explanations.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-09-25 at 12:54.
Old 2012-09-25, 13:54   Link #43
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

clean cushion~ penultimate eps for horizon sure do Suzu a favor.
I didn't see her being able to sense things in a 30km radius! Pretty incredible there!
Toori's...encouragement to Musashi's army was good. It was awesome to see some nice screen time for the normal students!

Velaz had quite an interesting ability there. Sports and painting used to fight a war? Only in Horizon would it be this awesome!

Railgun Shirojiro is great.
Hironaka is quite the guy. Vice Chancellors are really people to watch out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Speaking of which, it was a pity we couldn't have any "real" foreshadowing of Tonbokiri being able to detach itself and have multiple parts (that one in S1 against Muneshigo was way too short and in stealth to be noted), so her counters to Gin were a bit "pulled out of nowhere" at first.
That was for like a small speed boost wasn't it?
For some reason I was under the impression she could only detach it once, so seeing her use all those parts was interesting to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Also does anyone else think that marking the Incubus and the Slime as biohazard was highly appropriate?
For Kenji sure...Nenji though? poor slime only has 3HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
[*]If you also paid attention to the entire sequence of the last fight, I hope you can properly appreciate how mucher strong Muneshige is comapre to Futayo because in the flashback he just used some random crappy sword only.
True...though Futayo never did fight a fully recovered Muneshige. Wasn't he still fairly injured from his fight with Tadakatsu? (it was only a day earlier too)
Old 2012-09-25, 14:56   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
  • If you also paid attention to the entire sequence of the last fight, I hope you can properly appreciate how mucher strong Muneshige is comapre to Futayo because in the flashback he just used some random crappy sword only.
i was under the impression, in terms of pure strength Gin is stronger then Muneshige.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
For Kenji sure...Nenji though? poor slime only has 3HP.
Depends on what specie of Slime Nenji is, 3HP is plenty.
Old 2012-09-25, 16:57   Link #45
hai_san

Best ep from this season of Horizon, epic fight.

And Tres Espania Characters are highly likeable not like KPA Italia or some of Englands.

Last edited by hai_san; 2012-09-25 at 17:27.
Old 2012-09-25, 18:04   Link #46
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The Last episode pulled me into the Tres Espana faction... I love Base ball

Well the love birds, Tenzou and Mary's nowhere to be found, probably, starting to produce the next heir of England.

Well the fight scene, Samurai versus Futayo would have been better...

For Four Eyes, don't take Shakespear all for yourself.... let us see her at least...
Old 2012-09-25, 18:14   Link #47
Pen3

Love that Musashi-sama Cushion XD
Old 2012-09-25, 18:46   Link #48
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post

Well the fight scene, Samurai versus Futayo would have been better...
It had to be Gin vs Futayo. It's been set ever since Muneshige got wounded in S1
Old 2012-09-25, 19:03   Link #49
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

my eyes were blinded by awesomeness...

so there is a live sex scene... with blood... and 50 times piercing ...
I feel bad for Gin... was surprised a lot when she reveal Arcabus Cruz... (she has a lovely body without that big prosthetic weapon in both hands)
and of course I don't even know what's happening when Futayo started to slash down every Arcabus Cruz until she finally reached Gin... it's like... a pure brute force... great agility!

Suzaku vs Byakko is quite short... but to put up a fight on fleet battle... great job, Sunrise!!
Naomasa-imouto power finally defeat Byakko... and that scene when Suzaku flies with two moons on background is so beautiful

enjoying how Shiro tossing his coins.... yeah! that's how you use mammonite skill...
seeing wolf-hound teamwork is also good...
I always wondered when will England help Musashi and now this episode answered it
(I put more attention in scene when Tenzou's team get down to Musashi... yay! they entered the battle finally)

one more thing about this episode is Kyoukai Senjo never forget about other characters like that curry-man, lolicon-fatty, succubus, and slime.... (even Kobold... lol!) although they helped in ridiculous way... at least they got screentime

my feelings during watching this episode is hoping that it won't end.... when it ends, I check torrent website to find next episode (then I realized.. oh god... another 1 week)
season 2 adaptation is way better than season 1.... (maybe it's because of plot as well)
I really hope there'll be season 3.... I will pray for it
Old 2012-09-26, 01:33   Link #50
rainz
original vampire

The line "You're wearing money?!" made me lol so much. Its just pure ridiculous.

Futayo with hair down is win.

Quick question regarding Gin. If its possible that Drake the werewolf can reattach his arms, why can't she do the same? Is it more about keeping the scars you want to remember (ala Tenzou and Mary)?

I also pray we'll get season 3 in the future... Its rare to see a series so loved by both the audience and creators.
Old 2012-09-26, 02:14   Link #51
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz View Post
The line "You're wearing money?!" made me lol so much. Its just pure ridiculous.

Futayo with hair down is win.

Quick question regarding Gin. If its possible that Drake the werewolf can reattach his arms, why can't she do the same? Is it more about keeping the scars you want to remember (ala Tenzou and Mary)?

I also pray we'll get season 3 in the future... Its rare to see a series so loved by both the audience and creators.
People have the option of reattachment or go cyborg. Naomasa for example took advantage of her robotic right arm being heat proof.

Also keep in mind that Gin also had human sized robot arms that are indistinguishable from her originals. So technically she didn't need to re-attach her old arms because her replacement isn't much different. And then she put in large arms on top because it helps her do her job.
Old 2012-09-26, 08:56   Link #52
hai_san

My favorite scene was when Jizurisuzaku God of War mode awakens with the BGM.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:09   Link #53
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
My favorite scene was when Jizurisuzaku God of War mode awakens with the BGM.
+1

and dat look in Naomasa's eyes :3
Old 2012-09-27, 06:49   Link #54
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Best episode in this season.
Old 2012-09-27, 14:03   Link #55
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

What a episode, the best that I've seen all year.

They put all of that fight, and even some drama yet everything still felt smooth (at least for me). Amazing.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:25   Link #56
Shiyumi

Copy from randomc.net:
Noriki battle, Noriki’s fist touched the first 2 shots, first shot that bent the steel plate in his vest give him the angle of the pitch, second shot he stepped backed to judge when he can full extend his arm and the speed required to make full contact. The stance he took is a batting stance that help speed up swing and force by stepping forward and shift center of gravity, same concept exist in martial arts as well. Valdez Siblings’ spell St.Elmo’s fire el fuego is base on offering charity, both pitches cannot arrive to the enemy at the same time, because it is not charity if you give all you had to the other, and it is not the best charity if you don’t leave the other a hand to receive more charity. The 2 pitch goes through a process that they as their path seemingly fuse into one, they enter a spell specific space where the power and trajectory of one pitch is offered to the better pitch. One pitch arrives at the enemy as the best possible pitch, the other returns harmlessly to the pitcher. Noriki saw through the truth and hit the better pitch before their trajectories fused, that breaks the spell and the entrance into spell created space and the offering of one pitch to the other did not occur. All 3 times, the little sister’s pitches were the best, and the head on hit send it back where it came from. To save his little sister, the brother caught the line drive out and broke his hand, but preserve the sibling’s victory. Though they didn’t pull out because of that, the pulled out because Musashi is accelerating and their small ship can no longer stay attached without sustaining terrible damage.

Kenji is and incubus that does exactly what his names suggest and suck energy, Neiji was there to prevent escape.

Think of the old man’s a ability as an augmented reality app, he needs too see the whole picture and what he add does not do direct damage to the actual thing, only phenomenons created by the spell.

Four Sacred Gods of War each has it’s own ability akin to reality marbles of Fate, Michiyuki Byakko has “road”, Jizuri Suzaku’s is “lake.” If you as why is it “Lake” when it appeared as the sky, it is meant to be a reflection and endless. Technically the Sacred Gods of War should all be semi-automatic intelligent machines and requires no pilot, you give them a command, they figure out what to do, which is why it was surprising that Jizuri Suzaku has a person in its chest. Up to this point Jizuri Suzaku was never properly activated, so Fusahide called it a fake. It’s been driven by Naomasa’s sister following her command, since she replaced a large amount of Jizuri Suzaku’s AI functionality, but once she is exposed, in order to protect her Jizuri Suzaku’s OS finally activates which activates the “lake.”

Tachibana Gin’s other pair of prosthetic came from the cross-shaped boxes that she was carrying, they fall off because Gin no longer has arms to support them on her back, and as it falls to the ground, box opens and the arms attach. It’s not very clear because usually attention is diverted by her large prosthetic and the elaborate clothing design of the Horizon world, but if you look at her in the beginning of the episode and compare it to her character design sheet, you’ll see 2 thing that was sticking out her back. They had to condense a lot of the past into the ED. Tachibana household is known for it’s ridiculous martial prowess and strength, Gin wanted to take over as head of the household eventually, so she dedicated her life into becoming as strong as possible so that she can inherit the Tachibana Muneshige name and be the head of Tachibana clan. When Muneshige came along with the intention of taking the Tachibana Muneshige name, she hated him so much that she repeatedly beaten him to severe injuries. Muneshige eventually became stronger, at the very last fight, Gin was attempting to kill him because he was taking away what she work all her life for, he sliced away her arms because she became a pure weapon at that point, and he had to disable her so that she finds humanity again. It’s implied that she will never be as strong as she once was, and thus frees her from the burden of becoming the strongest and take over as the head of the Tachibana clan. They modified out a bloody touching scene, where right after Muneshige lops her arms off, he held her in his arms and with his hands directly keeping pressure on the wound so she doesn't bleed out.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:33   Link #57
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shiyumi, have you read the novels?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-09-27, 21:34   Link #58
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It had to be Gin vs Futayo. It's been set ever since Muneshige got wounded in S1
But its better... I think.. The Samurai's cloning technique is impressive.... I'm sure Futayo again will say " that was a bloody owesome sex...."
Old 2012-09-27, 23:18   Link #59
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Copy from randomc.net:
Noriki battle, Noriki’s fist touched the first 2 shots, first shot that bent the steel plate in his vest give him the angle of the pitch, second shot he stepped backed to judge when he can full extend his arm and the speed required to make full contact. The stance he took is a batting stance that help speed up swing and force by stepping forward and shift center of gravity, same concept exist in martial arts as well. Valdez Siblings’ spell St.Elmo’s fire el fuego is base on offering charity, both pitches cannot arrive to the enemy at the same time, because it is not charity if you give all you had to the other, and it is not the best charity if you don’t leave the other a hand to receive more charity. The 2 pitch goes through a process that they as their path seemingly fuse into one, they enter a spell specific space where the power and trajectory of one pitch is offered to the better pitch. One pitch arrives at the enemy as the best possible pitch, the other returns harmlessly to the pitcher. Noriki saw through the truth and hit the better pitch before their trajectories fused, that breaks the spell and the entrance into spell created space and the offering of one pitch to the other did not occur. All 3 times, the little sister’s pitches were the best, and the head on hit send it back where it came from. To save his little sister, the brother caught the line drive out and broke his hand, but preserve the sibling’s victory. Though they didn’t pull out because of that, the pulled out because Musashi is accelerating and their small ship can no longer stay attached without sustaining terrible damage.

Kenji is and incubus that does exactly what his names suggest and suck energy, Neiji was there to prevent escape.

Think of the old man’s a ability as an augmented reality app, he needs too see the whole picture and what he add does not do direct damage to the actual thing, only phenomenons created by the spell.

Four Sacred Gods of War each has it’s own ability akin to reality marbles of Fate, Michiyuki Byakko has “road”, Jizuri Suzaku’s is “lake.” If you as why is it “Lake” when it appeared as the sky, it is meant to be a reflection and endless. Technically the Sacred Gods of War should all be semi-automatic intelligent machines and requires no pilot, you give them a command, they figure out what to do, which is why it was surprising that Jizuri Suzaku has a person in its chest. Up to this point Jizuri Suzaku was never properly activated, so Fusahide called it a fake. It’s been driven by Naomasa’s sister following her command, since she replaced a large amount of Jizuri Suzaku’s AI functionality, but once she is exposed, in order to protect her Jizuri Suzaku’s OS finally activates which activates the “lake.”

Tachibana Gin’s other pair of prosthetic came from the cross-shaped boxes that she was carrying, they fall off because Gin no longer has arms to support them on her back, and as it falls to the ground, box opens and the arms attach. It’s not very clear because usually attention is diverted by her large prosthetic and the elaborate clothing design of the Horizon world, but if you look at her in the beginning of the episode and compare it to her character design sheet, you’ll see 2 thing that was sticking out her back. They had to condense a lot of the past into the ED. Tachibana household is known for it’s ridiculous martial prowess and strength, Gin wanted to take over as head of the household eventually, so she dedicated her life into becoming as strong as possible so that she can inherit the Tachibana Muneshige name and be the head of Tachibana clan. When Muneshige came along with the intention of taking the Tachibana Muneshige name, she hated him so much that she repeatedly beaten him to severe injuries. Muneshige eventually became stronger, at the very last fight, Gin was attempting to kill him because he was taking away what she work all her life for, he sliced away her arms because she became a pure weapon at that point, and he had to disable her so that she finds humanity again. It’s implied that she will never be as strong as she once was, and thus frees her from the burden of becoming the strongest and take over as the head of the Tachibana clan. They modified out a bloody touching scene, where right after Muneshige lops her arms off, he held her in his arms and with his hands directly keeping pressure on the wound so she doesn't bleed out.
Thank you so much for the explanation for JizuriSuzaku and Gin Tachibana's past...
Old 2012-09-29, 08:18   Link #60
Ray
Garnet

Wow. What a spectacular episode. Futayo (dat ass <3) vs Gin was much better than I thought it'd be.

Welp, time to get cracking on the avatars.. :3
Closed Thread