AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 16:47   Link #961
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Eh, I was afraid of this. The show takes a big turn and goes into drama mode. The atmosphere has changed and now... there is this really weird feeling that half of them will die by the end. And it was such a relaxing mecha show... *sigh*

The condition of Izuru is indeed serious and makes me wonder if others are also effected. That would suck balls for me, honestly, which means that everyone will get older rather fast? Dreams pretty much shattered, no?

And I don't get it, are Izuru and Asagi brothers because of Commander or cuz' of Theoria's DNA? Cuz if it's because of Theoria then that would make everyone a sibling... but they pretty much put an emphasis on Asagi and Izuru...

Good episode but I really hope everything ends well. I can pretty much imagine Izuru dying now, as he wants to become a hero so he could fulfill that role if he sacrifices at the end. Which pretty much opens the door for KeiXAsagi. :3
Old 2013-08-22, 17:02   Link #962
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

From the way I understood it - Izuru is the only one with Theroria's DNA - but both Izuru and Asagi have the Commanders. The rest of the pilots probably have the Wulguru DNA that she brought with her when she defected. Only Asagi and Izuru are related...

And I think Asagi cemented his role as #2 a few episodes back - he knows he's not the top gunner. And he's fine with that - he'll leave Kei and Izuru to work things out (ending still has them together...at least when they show the OG ending). And I doubt Izuru will be killed off - even in a Hero moment. They would leave it open for a second season, as someone said earlier they are thinking about it.

Further with how the Wulguru take genes from other races - maybe Izuru will defeat what's his name, Theoria's brother, whatever the Wulguru do to sruvive he does and boom - healed.

Either way I doubt they will kill off Izuru - I can see something like Asagi sacrificing himself to save the day in the end. Again, as he said earlier ep "Your the best chance we have Izuru". It's too easy to see Izuru flying off to save the day, it's been done before in way too many shows.
Old 2013-08-22, 17:27   Link #963
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kei's chances to win drastically shot up now that Teoria is out of the race (at least I freaking hope so. Don't pull a Shinji on me, Izuru). I was a bit confused by Rin-rin's explanation as well but what I understood is that the only parent Izuru and Asagi share is their father, meaning Teoria isn't the mother of all the kids. I don't really see the point of making Asagi and Izuru (half-)brothers, but we'll see where they'll go with that.
Old 2013-08-22, 17:41   Link #964
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

All I can say is...

...ORE NO IMOUTO WA KONANI KAWAII WAKE WA NAI
Old 2013-08-22, 18:13   Link #965
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kei's chances to win drastically shot up now that Teoria is out of the race (at least I freaking hope so. Don't pull a Shinji on me, Izuru). I was a bit confused by Rin-rin's explanation as well but what I understood is that the only parent Izuru and Asagi share is their father, meaning Teoria isn't the mother of all the kids. I don't really see the point of making Asagi and Izuru (half-)brothers, but we'll see where they'll go with that.
i suppose the big question right now is whether they were born human and then infused with the walguru dna or whether they were test tube babies from the start. considering Walguru take dna from others and use it on themselves both options are likely. how old is Teoria exactly?
Old 2013-08-22, 18:47   Link #966
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i suppose the big question right now is whether they were born human and then infused with the walguru dna or whether they were test tube babies from the start. considering Walguru take dna from others and use it on themselves both options are likely. how old is Teoria exactly?
finally someone asking what i have been wondering because she doesn't look that old at all , but i believe wulgaru dont age like normal human , so i believe she may be older then she look but still young as a wulgaru.... her brother Jiart seem way older
Old 2013-08-22, 18:49   Link #967
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
(at least I freaking hope so. Don't pull a Shinji on me, Izuru)
You mean NGE Shinji, right? Shinji wasn't attracted to his mom, rather an alien soul trapped in body parts composed of DNA from his mom and miscellaneous proteins from LCL, all while not knowing. Here- Wait, Izuru was told Teoria is his mom too, wasn't he?
Quote:
how old is Teoria exactly?
Legal.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 19:01   Link #968
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I imagine it's to set up for situations where Izuru isn't present, Asagi will take over, etc.
Old 2013-08-22, 19:58   Link #969
cyberdemon

I must say that I am LOVING Teoria's outfit this episode. Her other clothes do't do her justice especially with how stacked she is.
Old 2013-08-22, 20:01   Link #970
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
I must say that I am LOVING Teoria's outfit this episode. Her other clothes do't do her justice especially with how stacked she is.
I was waiting for someone to post this.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:07   Link #971
Micro_Ice

Well a second season for this show is being considered I hope it becomes true since I don't see this ending properly and conclusivly in 4 episodes without it becoming a rush-fest.
Micro_Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:29   Link #972
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

I could see this ending just fine with the amount of eps they have left. I mean it is GOING SOMEWHERE now.
Quote:
Not to mention I think part of the staff has a high heel fetish or something since half the female cast wears them as regular attire- Why the hell would I notice that? I did notice that Rin and Teoria are the only characters without regular head to toe official stills- WHY AM I NOTICING THAT TOO!?
Quote:
a second season for this show is being considered
Unless this has a really cruddy ending I don't care either way.

One thing that irks me is that Ataru got very little development. AT ALL. I mean sure a couple eps back he showed his skills to the test, but everyone else had at least several scenes through out the series to themselves to distinguish themselves. It is like with Tsuyoshi in Golion, the poor guy gets next to nothing. At least Asagi is getting some moments now so I can't compare him to Isamu (who only got slightly more bits to himself than Tsuyoshi, can't compare Ange Takashi since the latter only lived for six episodes).
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:33   Link #973
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Props to the guy who joked Theoria is Izuru's mom.
Thank you, thank you very much. I won't lie, I did a fist pump when Rin told Asagi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Spoiler for I think you misread or misinterpreted the lines...:
This is how I understood it as well. Theoria is Izuru's mom, while Asagi and Izuru have the same dad, Commander Simon. This would also explain why she's more/almost only concerned about Izuru then the others, as he's her son/test tube baby. I can't imagine she'd kick the others to the curb if they were also her children.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 20:49   Link #974
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Thank you, thank you very much. I won't lie, I did a fist pump when Rin told Asagi.

This is how I understood it as well. Theoria is Izuru's mom, while Asagi and Izuru have the same dad, Commander Simon. This would also explain why she's more/almost only concerned about Izuru then the others, as he's her son/test tube baby. I can't imagine she'd kick the others to the curb if they were also her children.
well we can't be too sure about the details yet. It's certainly looking that way but all we have to go on right now is that Teoria donated some of her genes to Izuru which could just be like a blood transfusion or organ donor or something along those lines. I guess it really just depends on whether Izuru was already born when it took place. The wording this episodes was that they were used ON Izuru not used to CREATE Izuru. This makes me feel that she just used the same techniques that her people use to use DNA on themselves to transfer hers to the already born son of Simon, Izuru. My guess though is that THIS is why they had their memories erased prior to the academy when others still seem to have their past and families. They needed to hide that they infused them with the DNA of the Wulgaru.
Old 2013-08-22, 22:46   Link #975
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It will then be how much Wulgaru DNA has been overwritten into Izuru that determines whether it will be alright for him to have sex with Theoria.
Old 2013-08-22, 23:02   Link #976
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It will then be how much Wulgaru DNA has been overwritten into Izuru that determines whether it will be alright for him to have sex with Theoria.
Nooooooooo. Relationship with Kei so they can create an army of hybrids
Old 2013-08-22, 23:37   Link #977
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Nooooooooo. Relationship with Kei so they can create an army of hybrids
I find Kei to be boring tbh. She doesn't really stand out to me in anything that she really does. Though I admit that Teoria deals with some issues from not being shown much and prety much just being an observer. But this episode definitely showed quite the sexy side of her.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2013-08-23 at 00:14.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 01:34   Link #978
whsie

Quote:
well we can't be too sure about the details yet. It's certainly looking that way but all we have to go on right now is that Teoria donated some of her genes to Izuru which could just be like a blood transfusion or organ donor or something along those lines. I guess it really just depends on whether Izuru was already born when it took place. The wording this episodes was that they were used ON Izuru not used to CREATE Izuru. This makes me feel that she just used the same techniques that her people use to use DNA on themselves to transfer hers to the already born son of Simon, Izuru. My guess though is that THIS is why they had their memories erased prior to the academy when others still seem to have their past and families. They needed to hide that they infused them with the DNA of the Wulgaru.
The whole talk about the paternal (father side) indirectly hinted that Izuru's maternal genes was the topic at head. Besides, I'm not sure a blood transfusion or organ donation would be sufficient to completely alter a DNA gene.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 02:02   Link #979
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
And... I called it!

Really pleased with the DNA/"family" reveals here. Kind of funny how I was divided over whether it was Izuru or Asagi that was the son of Simon, and it ends up being both of them!

Simon wearing a visor for no given reason always struck me as suspicious. That combined with hair similarity between himself and both Izuru and Asagi was also eyebrow-raising.

So I liked how this reveal had subtle hints to it, but not a total giveaway.

However, it is a bit surprising that Teoria is Izuru's mom. Given how romance was clearly implied between the two of them, Teoria actually being his mom made for a very nice twist. I also hope it might pave the way for Kei/Izuru, should both survive through the finale. Now that we know that this show is willing to kill named protagonists, and now that we know the health problems facing Izuru (and maybe Asagi as well?), the suspense going into the finale is thick enough to cut with a knife! I really hope that all of Team Rabbits pulls through, but its exciting to know that almost anything can happen.

Majestic Prince is really looking good going into the final stretch. I love how all the plots and subplots are now interweaving together, and how the climax is carefully and methodically nearing. This episode was an excellent plot reveal and setup episode. I'm sure we'll get more of such setup next episode, and then it's off to the finale!
Old 2013-08-23, 02:29   Link #980
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

At this point, Scriptwright-san is assaulting everyone with Kei's cakes!

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction