AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favourite tertiary character?
Shino 33 48.53%
Kankuro 11 16.18%
Tenten 16 23.53%
Chouji 11 16.18%
Iruka 15 22.06%
Ebisu 3 4.41%
Ibiki 8 11.76%
Udon 2 2.94%
Hanabi 8 11.76%
Other 15 22.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-12-25, 19:21   Link #21
lolitaninja

More votes for Kankuro! People have yet to see his awesome-ousity! He's so full of surprizes, that guy. And I bet he's got a ton of new tricks up his sleeve!

Spoiler for spoiler:

Anyone who speaks ill of him is a fool! Seriously, I don't care what anyone says, he's a great character with so much untapped potential. I think he and his siblings should have been the main characters instead!

Last edited by lolitaninja; 2009-12-26 at 02:24.
lolitaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 20:40   Link #22
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

bah, i voted for Chijo and Iruka.

but what i'd really like to see is the older version of the Ino-Chika-Cho trio (their parents) who only had just a few appearances, shikamarus father having the most.
Old 2010-01-01, 02:55   Link #23
Mr.Amazing
Enjoy

I voted Ibiki. He was awesome during the chunin exam. I'd really like to see more of him.
Mr.Amazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 13:27   Link #24
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I vote Shino, hes a great ninja, inteligent, and funny when he gets sulking.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 19:15   Link #25
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Shino is an interesting character. He is special, competent and mysterious. His fighting skills are interesting and I'd like to see them more often, especially in battle. He has had few screen time up to now.
Old 2010-01-02, 18:07   Link #26
lolitaninja

So...I guess no one here likes Kankuro? That's a shame.
Old 2010-01-02, 19:01   Link #27
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitaninja View Post
So...I guess no one here likes Kankuro? That's a shame.
I like him, but sadly there have been Chiyo and Sasori of the Red Sand and both showed better skills in using puppets than Kankuro and in fact we can't expect him to be better and to be able to use more than ten or even hundred puppets at once.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:53   Link #28
lolitaninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I like him, but sadly there have been Chiyo and Sasori of the Red Sand and both showed better skills in using puppets than Kankuro and in fact we can't expect him to be better and to be able to use more than ten or even hundred puppets at once.
But suppose he does? It's anime, anything can happen!

Spoiler for puppet:

But let me ask you this: Is physical strength really the true measure of a character?

Oh wait...I forgot. You have to be a powefull pretty-boy in order to be popular, right? (Sigh...that's just sad).

Last edited by lolitaninja; 2010-01-03 at 20:04.
Old 2010-01-04, 12:59   Link #29
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitaninja View Post
But suppose he does? It's anime, anything can happen!

Spoiler for puppet:

But let me ask you this: Is physical strength really the true measure of a character?

Oh wait...I forgot. You have to be a powefull pretty-boy in order to be popular, right? (Sigh...that's just sad).
Not physical, as for example muscles, and not in my opinion either, but many people take the fighting power (e.g. DBZ Powerlevel) as the absolute measuring stick.
Old 2010-01-04, 16:17   Link #30
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I like Choji

I don't know why, but I think he has a lot of potential for future story arcs
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:05   Link #31
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluckyboy View Post
I like Choji

I don't know why, but I think he has a lot of potential for future story arcs
Back then, 100 times his ppwer was quite something, today it wouldn't be enough to beat Naruto or Sasuke at full power.

Chouji was interesting and I hoped he would finally change after Asuma had died, but he has not changed up to now and he doesn't seem to take training more serious than before.

The raw fact why Naruto is much stronger than the others now is that he has trained and Naruto will train more because he wants to become stronger than Sasuke. I thought that Chouji would have a similar goal after Asuma's death, but I guess it's the old DBZ system after all. In DBZ, there were so many sidekicks with no chance of winning a fight and they just grew in numbers. The first were the humans followed by Piccolo and the other saiyans. In the end, only Goku could win a fight.
Old 2010-01-07, 10:44   Link #32
kitten320

Chouji will be really cool if he once again will become thiner like in "Rescue Sasuke" arc

Chouji would have so much more fans then!
Old 2010-01-07, 13:18   Link #33
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Chouji will be really cool if he once again will become thiner like in "Rescue Sasuke" arc

Chouji would have so much more fans then!
Unless he would be able to find a way to still use all the Akimichi jutsus while being slim, I don't think it would be the case. But we never know, the Akimichi soldier pills were supposed to kill him but Medical Ninjutsu was able to bring him back. Everything is possible.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:19   Link #34
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

In fact, he would not have to become thin. Fat people are only displayed as annoying and stupid people in various movies and fictional stories to support the fact that society is against fat people because type 2 diabetes is a growing threat to our bored overweight society living in superabundance and crapulence.

It simply seems impossible to make a fat guy cool. There seems to be a secret rule about that.
One good example for a successful fat guy is the "King of Queens". He has quite a beautiful wife, but now there come the drawbacks:
- he has a bad job
- he often acts stupid (let's say most of the time)
- and his friends are the same
Why is that so? It's because they seem not to be allowed to replace Christian Bale in Terminator - Salvation with some fat guy despite the fact that there are differences between fat people. Not all of them weight a 300 pounds and can't leave their bed and have to be fed by the delivery guy through the mail slot.

The fact is that we liked him not for being slim and looking way cooler, but for acting way cooler and simply being more decisive. In fact it was the only time he was a serious character... someone we could take seriously and because we have only learned one way to accept that, he had to lose all his weight in order to have one moment of coolness.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:57   Link #35
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I know what you are saying. But some of these characters are still more secondary. Hell, in the anime, Shino gets tons of time compared to the manga. A tertiary character is someone with a very minor role who shows up for a certain amount of time in the background, never the focus of anything. Choji was the focus of a few chapters. Shino was the focus of a few chapters. Iruka was in the manga a lot in the early stages and has a relationship with the main character. Tenten? Yeah, she probably qualifies. But I'm thinking more like Genma, Aoba, Inari, Moegi, Baki, etc.

That's because he is not as interesting and has little to no fanbase. Shika was voted in the top 5 most popular Naruto characters in a couple official Shonen Jump polls. Choji was the only one of the kids to not crack the top 30. Who would you focus on? Choji was the classic example of a character who should have died. He had the perfect death. There was no reason to bring him back.
Fatism is the new racism. Anyway i think Baki was probably was. He could have probably gone toe to toe with kakashi
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 17:33   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
I guess it's the old DBZ system after all. In DBZ, there were so many sidekicks with no chance of winning a fight and they just grew in numbers. The first were the humans followed by Piccolo and the other saiyans. In the end, only Goku could win a fight.
An army of mooks to entertain the villains and feed the heroes with emotion->triple power abilities
Thinking about power in naruto, I noticed that jounins are much, much stronger than chuunins, and yet Ebisu has no endeavour that gives right to his title. Being the personal trainer of the old Hokage's grandson, I had expected a lot more out of him too. He's also the perfect figure to revive casual ninja skills and operations: clanless, so no special ninjutsu, casually armed with just kunai and shuriken and having shown no more than the basic techniques a ninja would use.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:05   Link #37
solomonh

Shino for sure
solomonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 14:39   Link #38
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
If Choji were skinny the only thing it would do is give us is more Shika x Choji yaoi. Because Choji is fat, Shika gets thrown in with Neji which makes no sense.

80% of the cast now is tertiary or background characters. Temari is as much a forgotten tertiary character as Kankuro now. All the kids are pretty much tertiary characters with the exception of Gaara, Shikamaru, and Sai who are secondary characters.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 06:52   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Shino, Kankuro, and Iruka for me.

But for the record, I might also include Hayate Gekko, although I'm not sure if he's even a tertiary character.
Old 2010-03-22, 08:39   Link #40
Im_A_MoP

i like ibiki. he duznt get enuff shine nd he seems to b the most ninjaish ninja around.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote