AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-09-30, 14:01   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
It''s because of the fickle, psychopathic nature of big mom, someone who could even kill her family members without remorse during her rampages. Basically, being married into B.M''s family is equivalent to being sacrificed. Not to mention, since the vinsmokes have no intention of being in B.M''s alliance permanently, the person married to pudding would definitely receive the wrath of big mom once the vinsmokes leave her. Judge doesn't what to sacrifice his valuable children, so why not use the black sheep of their family, whose loss would not affect them at all?

While I do agree that Big Mom's unstable nature could also be part of the reason, I'd still mainly chalk it up to Judge's own fatherly bias. He'd obviously prefer to spoil his "good" children by providing them with only the best of the best. And.... well, would he really consider marrying them off to pirates as the "best"? Lawless mercenaries or not, the Vinsmokes are still a royal family with centuries of history and prestige. Obviously, they'd consider having a close relationship with pirates to be "beneath" them.... which, again, is all the more convenient that they have their black sheep-turned-pirate around to fill in as a substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I wonder if that will bite Judge in the ass. Big Mom surely must know that Sanji hasn't been around Judge and is the black sheep. It's basically an insult to BM to offer up a kid he couldn't care less about. Although, I'm sure she will later find out Sanji is an amazing cook and then she will actually prefer him. Either way, I don't see the BM and Judge alliance lasting for very long.

Well, that might depend. I mean, considering the nature behind Totland's existence, she probably wouldn't mind too much about taking Sanji in since she should be accepting of people from all walks of life. That, and she doesn't seem as anal about prestige as Judge, at any rate. Nonetheless, I also don't doubt that some issue will pop up which will throw a monkey wrench into the alliance, whatever that may be (most likely Luffy, lol ).

Quote:
I wouldn't trust anything around a goat. They eat just about anything. Maybe his stache grows really fast
Speaking of the goats, I wonder if one of them is Sengoku's? Haven't seen that little fella in a while!

-----------------------------

On another note.... I'm curious, are there people here who expect Sanji to grow an exoskeleton? I've seen people at other forums who think he will, and I just find it odd because.... well, wouldn't it be more fitting that he became strong on his own, without the scientific enhancements? I brought this up before, but Oda seems to be keeping the exact level between Sanji and the rest of his family intentionally vague for the time being. Now, while I do agree with those who said that Sanji is holding back due to a combination of the blackmail and other dirty tricks on his family's part, but I still wouldn't say that means we should dismiss them just because of their genetic enhancements. Personally, I think it would be kinda cool if Judge or any of the brothers were actually relatively close (if not equal) to Sanji's level. Like a very close match to show that yes, despite all the impressive enhancements, plain old hard work can triumph over science! At least, that's my own two cents on the matter....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-30, 15:35   Link #22
SeanQ

Quote:
I'm not really clear on why Judge had to bring Sanji back at all. Why not marry one of his preferred sons off to the Charlotte family? It's not like Pudding is gross or a bitch and they're making a further joke out of Sanji. That would make more sense.
probably because they'd end up slapping pudding and big mom would wipe out their family =p
Old 2016-10-01, 16:34   Link #23
Tommy
Mr. Prince

So Oda has done a good job at painting Reiju as a good girl, or a Sanji sympathizer, but seeing as her family is such a big piece of shit I have to wonder if she's still the same after all these years...

Perhaps she's just like Nami was on Arlong's crew and doing what she needs to do to survive, but we really don't know her motives besides her not wanting to end up like Sanji. If Sanji took out his father and brothers, would she assume command of the Germa 66? And what would she do with them? Continue in her family's footsteps or carve out her own path? I just have this feeling like she's gonna double cross Sanji later down the road.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 19:55   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
So Oda has done a good job at painting Reiju as a good girl, or a Sanji sympathizer, but seeing as her family is such a big piece of shit I have to wonder if she's still the same after all these years...

Perhaps she's just like Nami was on Arlong's crew and doing what she needs to do to survive, but we really don't know her motives besides her not wanting to end up like Sanji. If Sanji took out his father and brothers, would she assume command of the Germa 66? And what would she do with them? Continue in her family's footsteps or carve out her own path? I just have this feeling like she's gonna double cross Sanji later down the road.
Well, i question she will double-cross Sanji later instead i find she is quite jealous of Sanji that was be able to pursuit his original dream which being a chef rather than being forced by Judge to be his successor in the future.

She can't bully Sanji since she is jealous of Sanji that has dream or vision while Sanji's brothers didn't have a dream.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote