AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-27, 03:08   Link #221
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As in what does it mean?
Old 2009-05-27, 04:32   Link #222
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Read from this point and onward for a bit for an explanation of "moe": http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...09#post2379509

"Kyun" is a bit harder to translate. I've seen it translated as "heart skipping a beat, nervous, love-stricken, etc.", reaction to something cute, heart "thump" or "pound" (although "doki" would be more common than "kyun". Maybe the feeling that you get when your heart goes "doki" is "kyun"?).

tl,dr: When you watch that part in episode 4 and thought it was "moe moe", then the feeling you had was "kyun". I think.
Old 2009-05-27, 06:51   Link #223
ReddyRedWolf

Kyun-kyun kyun-kyun Watashi kare wa Piloto...

Zoom-Zoom Zoom-Zoom My boyfriend is a pilot...
Old 2009-05-27, 10:24   Link #224
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Kyun-kyun kyun-kyun Watashi kare wa Piloto...

Zoom-Zoom Zoom-Zoom My boyfriend is a pilot...
Yeah, that's a well known double entendre use of "kyun", where it is both the sound of the jet engine as well as the sound of the singer's heart in love.

If you read enough romance manga, you get to see kyun used contextually. Apart from heart palpatations, which is generally the inference with doki, doki; it is more of a shock to the heart of extreme surprise in a heart warming way, such as realizing that you love someone who is just a good friend. Like you might be talking to this person and your heart is going "doki, doki, doki..." and they suddenly turn and say something that expresses how much they care about you and your heart suddenly goes "KYUN!"

So in this context, I'd say moe, moe, kyun is Mio's power to make you suddenly realize you love her when she shows her moe power to the extreme... like dressing up as a cute French maid.
Old 2009-05-27, 15:09   Link #225
DidCart

I don't know if it already have been posted but here it goes...

No cute enought but a good cosplay!
Spoiler for Mio Cosplay:
Old 2009-05-28, 08:32   Link #226
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Looks pretty good if I do say so myself
Old 2009-06-04, 20:15   Link #227
KnightHart
The Traveler of the Book

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=323
just make a group for her.
all of mio fans,join in
Old 2009-06-04, 21:40   Link #228
Wyxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHart View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=323
just make a group for her.
all of mio fans,join in
Rofl thats some spirit you have there

Old 2009-06-14, 01:38   Link #229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have figured out several attributes of Mio that generate her appeal to me.

The eyes... that shape of eye (Kagami:L*S eyes). That coupled with the long dark hair and the interesting amalgam of a Nagato(SHnY)Kagami(L*S) nature.
Old 2009-06-14, 01:53   Link #230
klare

she looks like Yomi, the tragic heroine of Ga Rei Zero

cant help liking her

but i dont find her fear of scary stories cute, hope the show can cut down showing that
Old 2009-06-14, 10:03   Link #231
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Mio has that good mix of shyness and "toughness" around her. Knuckle sandwiches to Ritsu, along with her fear of blood and blisters, come together to make her the center of the band.
Old 2009-06-20, 23:30   Link #232
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Strangly enough, Mio in the original sources is not that vulnerable. Well, she still fear of blood and such, but do not occur so often

I blame anime Ritsu for teasing her everytime she have chances
Old 2009-06-21, 00:09   Link #233
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Not to mention those big hands of hers do have a bone crunching grip.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:34   Link #234
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Not to mention those big hands of hers do have a bone crunching grip.
I remember Ascaloth stating on RIUVA that its sole purpose is to "convince people the Fujibayashi Kyou way".

Anyway, bassists often have big fingers or maybe hands. The strings are comparatively thicker than a guitars and harder to press down.

I have a couple of questions though,

1. Is she the only one in the club who isn't after Mugi's sweets? If so, what is she after?

2. How does she view my Azunyan as actually? A little sister, or does she have a secret fetish of dressing Azunyan the way she is dressed the year before? Or does she have a yandere-like fear of Azunyan snatching away all her attention?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-22, 03:53   Link #235
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

She's in the club because of Ritsu, I think.

On Azusa, she feels close to the younger girl as they sort of look alike. Apart from that, I think she thinks of her as just part of the club.
Old 2009-06-22, 05:53   Link #236
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I remember Ascaloth stating on RIUVA that its sole purpose is to "convince people the Fujibayashi Kyou way".
I don't remember saying that....
Old 2009-06-22, 06:21   Link #237
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I don't remember saying that....
You said something back in the 2nd seaside episode (on riuva) in which Mio has to adapt to strike a concrete blow through Ritsu's skull.

A typical tsundere's way of getting people to listen.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-22, 07:02   Link #238
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
You said something back in the 2nd seaside episode (on riuva) in which Mio has to adapt to strike a concrete blow through Ritsu's skull.

A typical tsundere's way of getting people to listen.
Ah. That, I did say.
Old 2009-06-22, 09:35   Link #239
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
2. How does she view my Azunyan as actually? A little sister, or does she have a secret fetish of dressing Azunyan the way she is dressed the year before? Or does she have a yandere-like fear of Azunyan snatching away all her attention?
My guess is: to Mio, Azunyan is either a subordinate or a kouhai who she ensure that will always stay on her side and under her advice/command.

I crossed out the "imouto" one, because unlike Yui, Mio is not all over Azusa even when she still care and watch out for Azusa when Azusa in troubles.
Old 2009-06-23, 00:13   Link #240
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Anyway, bassists often have big fingers or maybe hands. The strings are comparatively thicker than a guitars and harder to press down.
My hands aren't exactly big, but they certainly aren't nimble enough for guitar (Or at least anything more complicated than a power chord )...

Anyway...

Quote:
I think it's just simple mutual respect as dedicated musicians, with maybe a hint of defense for the only other person who's subject to same various bouts of uncomfortable attention...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Closed Thread

Tags
characters