AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-10, 17:21   Link #21
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Nice move from ADV. It's sad to see all this whining from people who disrespect fansub ethics.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:21   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

The same message is on downloadanime, but they listed the titles that ADV wants them to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downloadanime
At http://www.downloadanime.org/postt6154.html there is a link to http://www.downloadanime.org/circuit...yproxy.com.txt which lists:
This office represents A.D. Vision, Inc. (ADV) and its affiliated companies that own and/or are exclusively licensed to use the following protected work (the "Protected Work"):

Azumanga Daioh
D.N. Angel
Final Fantasy: Unlimited
Full Metal Panic
Gantz
Golden Boy
Gravion
King of Bandit Jing
Martian Successor Nadesico (Nadesico)
Mezzo
Najica (Najica Blitz Tactics)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Evangelion)
Noir
Original Dirty Pair
Peace Maker
Pretear
Princess TuTu
Puni Puni Poemy
Rahxephon
Robotech
Saint Seiya
Sailor Moon
Sakura Wars
Samurai X
Slayers
Spriggan
Steel Angel Kurumi
The Super Milk-Chan Show
Those Who Hunt Elves II
UFO Princess Walkure (UFO Princess Valkyrie)
Ushio and Tora
Zaion: I Wish You Were Here (I Wish You Were Here)
Zone of Enders : Dolores (Z.O.E. Dolores)
Strangely they list Sailor Moon. We already know that they lost that license. That makes me think that this might be a hoax if they made such a basic error. Still, he claims in that post that he contacted ADV and they confirmed this...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:23   Link #23
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Woah they have Gantz?
Old 2004-06-10, 17:25   Link #24
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
Woah they have Gantz?
It's being currently discussed here.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:31   Link #25
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

DAMN ADV AND DAM YOU ALL!
Old 2004-06-10, 17:34   Link #26
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I knew it was going to happen sooner or later so I'm not shocked about it. It's a good thing I saw all those animes a long time before the got licensed. I wonder when they're going to start knocking on Animesuki's door?

Edit: Heh, I wonder if Bandai and the other companies are going to follow ADV path.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:37   Link #27
jbondsr

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
HAHAHA!!!

Oh wow, it's amusing seeing the whiners on this board and elsewhere: "ADV is evil! I hate them! Let's boycott ADV and all those evil anime companies!"

Now you know why Animesuki maintains a no-licensed-anime policy.
I don't think anyone's really saying that. (at least that's not what I'm saying). I think its more of people just saying what first comes to mind when they've had a good thing going and now its cut-off. We all know, more deep down inside for some, that its wrong to keep distributing what is licensed. They'll have to do more to "try" and get around the current issue with torrents being taken down, like making a DC hub that hosts torrent files. hint, hint

But seriously, we should just let the ranting and "whining" continue. There's nothing that can really be done, so the whining will die down once the excitement of removing what's licenesed is done.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:37   Link #28
segahekui+
t3h r347 n1nj4!

they probably wont since asuki is pretty clean.. they *could* if they wanted to, but i think asuki helps the companies more then it hurts them
Old 2004-06-10, 17:40   Link #29
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

http://www.animextreme-inc.ca/featur...irates-03.html
a quick link to digital piracy.. and how this has effected the anime industry (a three part article.. part 3 of 3)

people complain that anime is expensive.. but they're nowhere near as expensive as they were 3-5 years ago.

this whole thing leaves me wondering: will they target specific subbing groups now? and how safe is animesuki.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by segahekui
they probably wont since asuki is pretty clean.. they *could* if they wanted to, but i think asuki helps the companies more then it hurts them
nothing on asuki is licesned.. but it doesn't make it legal to distribute unlicensed anime. although.. the whole 'free test market' thing for the licensing companies is good for business, you can't control who keeps subbing licensed anime and who doesn't.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-06-10, 17:40   Link #30
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

well... that's fine... I thought it was all licensed anime in general that wasn't gonna get listed on those sites... but luckily they're just gonna take out the ones licensed by ADV... phew... (or did I misunderstand the above posts?)
Old 2004-06-10, 17:42   Link #31
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
I knew it was going to happen sooner or later so I'm not shocked about it. It's a good thing I saw all those animes a long time before the got licensed. I wonder when going to start knocking on Animesuki's door?
hopefully not. but since Animesuki is all about unlicensed torrents and things so~ HAVE NO FEAR!~

anyways, I download animes for previews, like someone mentioned before, if they are "good" <-- at my op, i will buy them in stores. so, it doesn't really affect me.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:43   Link #32
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Animesuki maintains the remnants of a system that was in place when a lot of people at ADV got their start, thus I think they're content to leave this site alone so long as it remains proactive with de-listing stuff that is known to be licensed (after all, we can only know what we see or they tell us.)

It doesn't preclude ADV from giving Animesuki a message asking for a series to be delisted, but I'm sure it'd be a lot easier to do so here (and at scarywater) because the systems are already in place which shows the creators had that respect at least somewhat in mind.

Oddly I seem this as kind of amusing, I got started at Animesuki because I noticed licensed shows being listed, and slowly Animesuki started not listing licensed stuff. I sent e-mails to mircx.com about the same subjects but all they did was remove the contact address from the front page ^^
Old 2004-06-10, 17:47   Link #33
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor

I didn't know I could get azumanga daioh there since spiggy recomended me (more like threat my life if I didnt get it ) I always wanted to see it, well theres always FL... ooops its in spanish!

Anyone here knows how licences work for latin america? I think that there is simple no licenses at all... we just have to buy imported, and that sucks big time because not even the uber rich people can get a lot of titles, and there is not legal spanish fansub whatsoever...
Old 2004-06-10, 17:50   Link #34
wnkryo
HainShodan

*shrugs*

There is always another place to find what others won't put up.
Old 2004-06-10, 17:51   Link #35
Worldestroyer
IRC lurker

Send a message via AIM to Worldestroyer Send a message via MSN to Worldestroyer
Calm the fu*k down people.
1. We don't really have the right to download licensed anime anyways,
no matter what you may say law is law. And for those people outside the united states.. you must understand that these anime sites are based on the laws and licenses of the US (although this flux's)...
2. I see no mention of ALL licensed anime, if i'm not mistaken they only mention that has been licensed by ADV. So TenTen and Champloo will not be removed unless this action by ADV is supported directly by other companys.
3. You always will have IRC.
4. There will always be something to take the place of a site/group/etc that has been taken down.
5. This could be a hoax.
6. Here is this link for the list.
7. Stop running around like headless chickens, your only making yourself's targets for pro-ethics supporters.
8. Yes i download licensed anime, and i admit it.
Old 2004-06-10, 18:01   Link #36
Babak

Heh..
Well, it's OK for me. I'm sure ADV will do a great job with the DVDs.
Besides, there is always a way to get an Anime if you want it that badly.
Old 2004-06-10, 18:08   Link #37
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Lol, this has become a very popular thread...reminds me of when akeep/anbu put up that hoax page and when scarywater went down....

but honestly...i'm surprised mircx only got targeted now...i would've thought for sure it would've been targeted long ago...and like many others said...just cause some titles get taken down doesn't mean it's the end of the world...there are tons of other ways to get your licensed fix...just cause mircx was the easiest to get it doesn't mean it was the only one out there...
Old 2004-06-10, 18:09   Link #38
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Gantz? zha? gneh oh well...

wonder if ADV is gonna attack MANGA translators?

Man i know ADV is gonna keep updating that list of thiers....i think....they gonna keep askin XD
Old 2004-06-10, 18:12   Link #39
wnkryo
HainShodan

I think they just add anime to their list just to screw with most of us.
Old 2004-06-10, 18:13   Link #40
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Sadly this make me stop getting English subbed animes.
Before English anime fansub groups always presented both quality and speed. However recently it has not been the case, and now this.
Closed Thread