AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-23, 23:57   Link #821
rogermoore

Do you think the game is worth getting just for the h scenes?
rogermoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 04:28   Link #822
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermoore View Post
NO.
N.O.
That's a no.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 06:01   Link #823
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
If by worth you mean enjoyment and by just the h scenes mean for not the h scenes, then yes...it's worth every yen coin.
Old 2008-01-24, 06:45   Link #824
Xy-chan
Close but untouchable

Send a message via Yahoo to Xy-chan
i've seen in wiki that F/SN's already translated into english.....did you guys just use patches to convert the game fully to english or is there a completely separate F/SN installer in english? if it's in patch.....could you send me the link via pm? i've a friend who wants his to be in english.....thanks if you guys can...i'll be playing it veeeery very soon...

-^^ X
Xy-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 08:17   Link #825
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

mirrormoon.org
Old 2008-01-24, 13:43   Link #826
edf91

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
NO.
N.O.
That's a no.
Because there isn't much to see, especially for the so called H scenes. Unless you understand Japanese really well, you would barely get what in the world they are doing
edf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 17:24   Link #827
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

There's always translation, but F/SN is really, really not an H-game. Yes, the H-scenes are essential, but it's there for the PLOT DEVELOPMENT not for FAN SERVICE.
It'll be an insult if you're playing F/SN for hentai. Go watch b**le b**ck or something if you want hentai.
Old 2008-01-24, 22:49   Link #828
rogermoore

Quote:
There's always translation, but F/SN is really, really not an H-game. Yes, the H-scenes are essential, but it's there for the PLOT DEVELOPMENT not for FAN SERVICE.
It'll be an insult if you're playing F/SN for hentai. Go watch b**le b**ck or something if you want hentai.

Well, I dont see how Shirou screwing Saber in two different positions in the bathroom is plot development.
Old 2008-01-25, 00:08   Link #829
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Well, I dont see how Shirou screwing Saber in two different positions in the bathroom is plot development.
Then you really should step back and reassess what the definition to 'plot development' is, especially in the context that sex is used in F/SN.
Old 2008-01-25, 01:01   Link #830
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Quote:
F/SN may have Hscenes but the only reason play the game is for the plot the character and storyline and to enjoy it not to use it to **** *** or such =.=

I seriously enjoy the game and skip the H scences since I see as it no point and a minor who likes it it.
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 05:07   Link #831
rogermoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
Then you really should step back and reassess what the definition to 'plot development' is, especially in the context that sex is used in F/SN.
Well, I havent played the game before however I am aware from the anime that in place of the dragon eating shirou, was some of a threesome which somehow replenishes saber's mana.

So i assume you are saying that shirou screwing saber in the bathroom is also replenishing her mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
F/SN may have Hscenes but the only reason play the game is for the plot the character and storyline and to enjoy it not to use it to **** *** or such =.=

I seriously enjoy the game and skip the H scences since I see as it no point and a minor who likes it it.
which goes against what darkcntry just posted
Old 2008-01-25, 05:14   Link #832
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Everyone has different opinions. Basically said, the sex is essential for plot development, but it's not essential for viewing pleasure.
If you want to be sex-free, play the PS2 version, but I don't know what they replaced sex with. (seeing as in Nasu's world settings, the exchange of body fluid is the fastest way to replenish mana...)
Old 2008-01-25, 05:27   Link #833
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Well, I havent played the game before however I am aware from the anime that in place of the dragon eating shirou, was some of a threesome which somehow replenishes saber's mana.

So i assume you are saying that shirou screwing saber in the bathroom is also replenishing her mana
The sex is used as a form of connection between the characters, a normal progression of sorts and isn't just randomly and blindly tossed in for arousal. It being integral to the story is that it shows a natural progression between the characters and the events taking place. The scene you speak of in the anime is even alluded to the actions in the game, such as Rin's comments of having them off-guard in a situation that they aren't accustomed to being in. Rin's attention to Saber is part of that situation and is shown in the anime without the sexual side of it, however in the progression of things, it makes absolute sense as to how it played out in the game and would've probably felt more out-of-place if it didn't happen.

The thing most people seem to not realize is that sex can be used as a plot strengthening device that has no relation to sexual arousal. Matter of fact, sexual intercourse has been a mainstay for showing a connection between characters well back before Shakespear's writings, as time went on, the usage got muddled and thrown in just for sexual gratification for the viewers (in common cases, Illusion's games).

The other scene you speak of actually has a pretty strong story attached to it that isn't just random "screwing", but as an admission to Saber's actual innocence and frailty in such an event.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:36   Link #834
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

ok a nub question Im using the chinese patch after last episode shows this pops out and the scenes from it won't show in gallery even if I gotten to it ?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-26, 04:11   Link #835
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

It's a bug--we're fixing it.
Old 2008-01-26, 07:46   Link #836
Xy-chan
Close but untouchable

Quote:
mirrormoon.org
filename then please my good friend.....there are lots of patches and i don't know which one to get..

-^^ X
Old 2008-01-26, 12:21   Link #837
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xy-chan View Post
filename then please my good friend.....there are lots of patches and i don't know which one to get..

-^^ X
Just scroll down the page to where it says temporary download locations and download "Fate/stay night English (fate route) v1.0a". As the file name states it's only for the fate route.
Old 2008-01-26, 16:48   Link #838
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

one more question ><

And you need to beat fate and UBW good end for LE? or you need 3 routes?

Thank you very much in advance me nub ><

Nvm i wasted 8 hrs got everything and found LE

Last edited by Raykun; 2008-01-27 at 00:45. Reason: I finished o.o
Old 2008-01-27, 20:02   Link #839
Xy-chan
Close but untouchable

final favor of mine to be asked, where'd you get the crack? type-moon support or google? i've been wondering about it, i read the previous posts, in the first pages though, that you can get the crack from type-moon if you bought the cd, now, where do i get the crack if it's just downloaded? thanks for any help you can give

-^^ X
Old 2008-01-28, 04:44   Link #840
Mose

The game isn't protected so you don't need a crack.
Mose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel