AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-04-06, 12:32   Link #21
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ You compare it to FF12? Now I dislike it even more!
And no more comparisons to previous Xeno games please. There is no connection and it is almost an insult.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:41   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, wasn't there a short blurb from one of the news sites that the two gods are supposed to be based on Xenogears/saga, one being Bart's and the other being JR's? They said they have to change the names though, because SE owns the former and Namco owns the latter. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:12   Link #23
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Actually, wasn't there a short blurb from one of the news sites that the two gods are supposed to be based on Xenogears/saga, one being Bart's and the other being JR's? They said they have to change the names though, because SE owns the former and Namco owns the latter. XD
Monolith Soft was once owned by Namco, which owned the rights to the Xeno series, but Nintendo bought Monolith Soft along with the rights. Although Namco still owns about 15% of Monolith Soft, although this small ownership is most likely just to gain royalties from whatever profits Monolith pushes out.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 17:28   Link #24
Sides

You can actually find a list of the shareholders and who owns how much of the 2400 shares, on their homepage

I'm pretty sure the IP to Xenogears is owned by SE, but not sure if Xenosaga is an IP of monolith soft, because Xenosage I&II for NDS was published by namco.
But it would be funny, if they rename it again into Xeno Kaitos.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 17:42   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm pretty sure Monolith owns the IP, especially since the buy out Monolith developed Xenosaga I and II for the DS. And put the Xeno brand on a new game would also be grounds for a lawsuit otherwise.
Old 2010-04-06, 21:24   Link #26
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I'm pretty sure Monolith owns the IP, especially since the buy out Monolith developed Xenosaga I and II for the DS. And put the Xeno brand on a new game would also be grounds for a lawsuit otherwise.
Xenosaga I+II was released at least a year before Nintendo's purchase.

AFAIK, Nintendo bought the development studio but not the IPs. Regarding the Xeno prefix, I don't think there's much of a legal issue either (on that note, the aesthetic/gameplay similarities between Xenogears and Xenosaga were far more striking, yet Square never made a fuss).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 02:32   Link #27
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
the aesthetic/gameplay similarities between Xenogears and Xenosaga were far more striking, yet Square never made a fuss).
It's because they counted as cameos. They still had to rewrite the story in order to prevent legal matters.
Old 2010-04-07, 06:32   Link #28
Sides

There is a new PV, not available on the official HP yet, posted over on andriasang.com.
I'm not sure, but the models look kind of low budget(?), i mean not as bad as Disaster: Day of Crisis, which is by the way an awesome game that everyone should have played, but still i think nintendo should pump a bit more money into there 1st party studios.
Old 2010-04-07, 10:54   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
Xenosaga I+II was released at least a year before Nintendo's purchase.

AFAIK, Nintendo bought the development studio but not the IPs. Regarding the Xeno prefix, I don't think there's much of a legal issue either (on that note, the aesthetic/gameplay similarities between Xenogears and Xenosaga were far more striking, yet Square never made a fuss).
You're right it was 06 when it was released.

Anyway, it seems there's no way of finding out who actually has ownership to the Xeno series without asking the companies themselves, so its probably best to just leave it at that for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
There is a new PV, not available on the official HP yet, posted over on andriasang.com.
I'm not sure, but the models look kind of low budget(?), i mean not as bad as Disaster: Day of Crisis, which is by the way an awesome game that everyone should have played, but still i think nintendo should pump a bit more money into there 1st party studios.
I dunno, maybe? But I think they had to scale back due to the size of the world. Although general rule of thumb in game development is that main characters are allocated the most number of poly.

Well, game still looks real cool. we'll see how it pans out with the finish product.
Old 2010-04-07, 12:03   Link #30
Sides

Actually if lower, or balanced, detail level provides a steady and high framerate, it is probably a good trade off, considering that the latest PV seems like completely rendered in game, rather than a prerendered movie.
Old 2010-04-07, 13:49   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

IGN says that the game so far runs at a smooth 60fps
Old 2010-04-07, 13:55   Link #32
roriconfan
Banned

We all know how easy and simplistic the Wii library is. If this gets published on Wii, I really am skeptical about the difficulty level of the game. It needs to be at least challenging half the time and provide proper handling of the Wii stick.
Old 2010-04-07, 18:56   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
We all know how easy and simplistic the Wii library is. If this gets published on Wii, I really am skeptical about the difficulty level of the game. It needs to be at least challenging half the time and provide proper handling of the Wii stick.
You need to stop trolling, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 2010-04-08, 07:53   Link #34
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Surroundings look ok but the characters models ... even the tales of series weren't so bad .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:02   Link #35
iceyfw

is the wii graphics engine that horrible to make the graphics look similar to xenosaga? or is monolith being lazy on their part? i don't own a wii nor was ever interested in it. this is from me seeing some of the screenshots of the girl and guy interacting.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 04:22   Link #36
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
is the wii graphics engine that horrible to make the graphics look similar to xenosaga? or is monolith being lazy on their part? i don't own a wii nor was ever interested in it. this is from me seeing some of the screenshots of the girl and guy interacting.
The enviroments features are nice, look at the grass. So i don't think the engine is that bad. You can argue about how the characters are modeled, i know a lot of people are complaining about that girl's neck, but that is not the engine's fault, it is an artist decision.
I think it was a bad choice to rename it to xenoblade, now you got all the fans trying to compare it with xenosaga. But then again it i probably easier to remember than Monado.

Btw on the official homepage has the lastest trailer added to it, with better quality.
Old 2010-04-09, 04:52   Link #37
iceyfw

Quote:
i know a lot of people are complaining about that girl's neck, but that is not the engine's fault, it is an artist decision.
I think it was a bad choice to rename it to xenoblade, now you got all the fans trying to compare it with xenosaga. But then again it i probably easier to remember than Monado.
the artist responsible for the character designs shouldn't be totally at fault here. i'd like to think it would be the people who were in charge of rendering the game character models into the game and making it look like total shit at first. it totally reminds me of that failure game called "The Last Rebellion" for the ps3. even if i didn't own a ps3, i already knew that game project was fail in the graphics section. i just happened to see the same thing happening here because i've viewed wii screenshots in the past and it was way better than what was shown hours ago. the second trailer seems to look a bit better. we'll just have to see when the game is released.

and to say i'm not a xenowhatever fan of the franchise. i loved xenosaga episode 1 and that was pretty much it. hell, i still haven't even finished with xenosaga episode II because of the way they changed the battle system; i hated it.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 05:10   Link #38
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
and to say i'm not a xenowhatever fan of the franchise. i loved xenosaga episode 1 and that was pretty much it. hell, i still haven't even finished with xenosaga episode II because of the way they changed the battle system; i hated it.
Sorry dude, wasn't address directly to you, more in general. There are a lot fans, xenosaga, out there, and when they saw that xenoblade was announced, they couldn't stop complaing about this not being part of the xeno series, which it is not as pointed out serveral times before by the makers.

Franchises or established names/brands seems to be important nowadays to sell things.
Old 2010-04-21, 04:20   Link #39
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

New trailer.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 04:41   Link #40
roriconfan
Banned

Still looks like more show than meaning compared to the other NOT same-universe Xeno games