AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-27, 12:41   Link #1961
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
The title means "The Red Eyed Killer" meaning by the title alone Akame would be the last to die xD
Explain to me how the title can mean that. I'm 99% sure アカメが斬る! can not be translated as that without some very, very liberal interpretation. If anything, it would be "Akame Kills", without specifying what/who she kills.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2013-02-28 at 16:04.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 12:43   Link #1962
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Any news about the new chapter coming out? This series is monthly?
Old 2013-02-27, 12:44   Link #1963
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Series is monthly.

Also, yeah we are still waiting on the new chapter.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 17:47   Link #1964
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Series is monthly.

Also, yeah we are still waiting on the new chapter.
The author said that he was taking a month break so you shouldn't be expecting another chapter for at least a month I believe.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:18   Link #1965
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Maybe we're approaching the finale.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:25   Link #1966
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
The author said that he was taking a month break so you shouldn't be expecting another chapter for at least a month I believe.
where did he say that??
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:27   Link #1967
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Maybe we're approaching the finale.
I hope not, this story can go so far lol
Old 2013-02-28, 12:54   Link #1968
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I don't see it living past Esdese myself. When they take her down the Capital is soon to follow most likely.

I could be wrong though. Maybe the author will make it even better >.>.
Old 2013-02-28, 15:40   Link #1969
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
I don't see it living past Esdese myself. When they take her down the Capital is soon to follow most likely.

I could be wrong though. Maybe the author will make it even better >.>.
I doubt it, because Esdese made it clear that she's not loyal to the capital and has her own agenda.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 14:53   Link #1970
Dr_Crowbar

i think I found something related to the new chapter :
http://schwarz-walzer.at.webry.info/...article_2.html

anyone able to to make out what it says ?
Dr_Crowbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 20:20   Link #1971
DawnEmperor

Hey, just recently got into the series(read up to the most recent chapters in a few days). I remember skimming once a while ago and thinking "Oh this is the typical idiot hero story(Tatsumi is overly cocky, yet dimwitted for getting scammed by Leone)...(If only I just read to the end of the first chapter, impatient me).

This series definitely brings in a lot of moral complexities. Both the Jaegers and our Night raids are fairly amicable people outside of killing and are clear parallels. Really, no one is really "good" or "evil" in the traditional sense. Our heroes are at best Anti Heroes and while they kill pretty ruthlessly, they know it's still murder(which I find a bit refreshing, since acting like killing those who deserve it is justified is something I particularly hate). It's a depressing series definitely(I get this feeling that all the protagonists are going to die by the end), but I think it sets up the tone well.

Tatsumi's a fairly likable protagonist; not too annoying or perverted, grappling with moral questions like anyone would. At the same time, part of me wishes he'd be more developed(seems like he's blended into the ensemble a bit too much). I wish Akame would get a bit more fleshed out(She's the title character isn't she?), but then again it's become more of an ensemble piece.

My main criticism is going to sound a bit paradoxical but I feel like it moves too fast and yet too slow in some ways. The series keeps moving, onto the next fight or the next death, but you're also left wondering "what is this accomplishing", since you know that it's going to take a while before they can challenge Edesse. I guess it is some of the downsides of having a monthly manga, in that you have to fit in a large chunk per month.

Overall, I'm enjoying the series and I will keep tabs on it.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 05:30   Link #1972
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I actually dislike the concept of "grey and grey morality" a lot, you know.

Try to put yourself into the victim's shoes, those guys won't be able to think about their torturer's good side. The bad guys usually remain bad while people with good consciousness will oppose them, first by negotiation (will hardly ever work, ever heard of peace by firepower and military intervention?) then try to act like vigilants. In the end bloodshed is unavoidable.

If the UN saw a dictator doing some ethnic cleansing and mass rape, then just ignore because they'll will be criticized by cynical assholes as being "grey" for intervening and doing similar action to put a stop to those horrible acts, the world would be a far more horrible place with everyone abusing "grey and grey morality" as well as "the strong devour the weak" as they pleased.

While the villains have their good side (of course, towards only their own group), they act like assholes for most others. They're assholes, even with their good side, since most of their actions are so horrible.

If only they held the concepts of "treat others like how you want to be treated" and "put yourself into another person's shoes", the world would be a better place to live in. But it's not like the oppressors will ever try to understand how the oppressed feel unless they were put into the same situation themselves anyway.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 22:10   Link #1973
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

You must dislike the real world a lot

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 00:51   Link #1974
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think it's really an issue with readers used to having "Absolutes" in their fiction (Obvious Good vs. Obvious Evil) rather than the Relativistic Morality we have at play in Akame ga Kiru. I think Terry Pratchett summed it up well in Small Gods, in the paragraph that followed the short description of the head gaoler's retirement (do read it!).
Old 2013-03-04, 08:48   Link #1975
OverSeer
Inactive Member

So, the author is taking a month off?
Old 2013-03-04, 12:45   Link #1976
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Well, the author's month off was February it seems....so we should get a new chapter this month.
Old 2013-03-04, 16:02   Link #1977
Xion Valkyrie

The only villains who are 'grey' are Wave and Bors. Everyone else is just insane/insanely evil. On the protagonist side it seems once you've gotten more in depth character development, you die...

Tatsumi also doesn't seem to have his own convictions. He seems to get easily influenced by everyone else and get swept up in the flow of things, especially if a cute girl is involved -_-.

I just re-read the original Kenshin manga recently and frankly I think it does a much better job with the themes that Akame ga Kiru is trying to tackle.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 16:31   Link #1978
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
The only villains who are 'grey' are Wave and Bors. Everyone else is just insane/insanely evil. On the protagonist side it seems once you've gotten more in depth character development, you die...
Hm?

Wave is closer to Lawful Good than every single Night Raid member (including Tatsumi) and no villain at all. Bors was lawful neutral. If you want grey villains, look at Night Raid, who are murderers for hire, but for an understandable motivation.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 17:22   Link #1979
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Crowbar View Post
i think I found something related to the new chapter :
http://schwarz-walzer.at.webry.info/...article_2.html

anyone able to to make out what it says ?

Ran it through an online translator and things I can make out is that Kurome and Wave bond quite a bit and
she participates in the next mission despite her injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post

Tatsumi also doesn't seem to have his own convictions. He seems to get easily influenced by everyone else and get swept up in the flow of things, especially if a cute girl is involved -_-.

I just re-read the original Kenshin manga recently and frankly I think it does a much better job with the themes that Akame ga Kiru is trying to tackle.
The only insanely "evil guys" are the PM and some of the random thugs in the series. Kurome and Seriyuu are products of their corrupt society than truly evil people. Esdese is a ruthless monster towards her enemies, but that's only one side to her.

And Tatsumi has never changed his conviction since chapter 2, and that was better make country so his friends deaths weren't meaningless, he's just willing to do almost anything to bring it about. I do agree with you on Kenshin, but to be fair there is no other series that really does that better.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-04 at 17:50.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 18:06   Link #1980
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hm?

Wave is closer to Lawful Good than every single Night Raid member (including Tatsumi) and no villain at all. Bors was lawful neutral. If you want grey villains, look at Night Raid, who are murderers for hire, but for an understandable motivation.
Nonsense, Wave knows that the empire is seriously messed up, but he chooses to disregard that fact because his main priority is to repay his benefactor. As for Esdese, I understand that she's a soldier but that doesn't excuse her behavior towards those that she captures. you don't see Night Raid gong around roasting people in boiling oil.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!