AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-07-10, 20:31   Link #1
amasposu

Boku no Hero Academia

Spoiler for :

Name: Boku no Hero Academia
Associated Names: 僕のヒーローアカデミア; My hero Academia
Mangaka: Horikoshi Kouhei

Brand new Weekly Jump serialization!

Quote:
Taken from Mangaupdates:

The story is set in the modern day, except people with special powers have become commonplace throughout the world. A boy named Izuku Midoriya has no powers, but he still dreams.

Last edited by amasposu; 2017-07-07 at 02:24.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 21:25   Link #2
marvelB

Oh snap, a new series from Horikoshi!? Sweet! Hopefully, this one lasts longer than either Oumagadoki or Bulge (I'm still sad about the latter's cancellation....).

Anyways, I'm guessing this is a superhero series similar to Onepunch-Man? Hope a translation for this comes out soon....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-11, 05:48   Link #3
bastek66

I wonder if it manages to be longer than Sensei no Bulge.
Old 2014-07-18, 11:27   Link #4
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

With the current lineup for jump, I think it will get a hard time going on the upper level/tier of the magazine. Though who knows, hoping that it will turn the tides up specially that I find this more interesting than the other 2 new titles which are condor and yoakemono.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-08-14, 10:28   Link #5
omega253

Chapter 1 just got translated into English.

So far, it looks good and the characters are interesting. I can't help but feel bad for Izuki, but hey, he's going to get somewhat strong if poisui's spoilers are right.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 12:10   Link #6
vale vale vell

a main character that trains to become strong is cliche but a cliche idea done in an entirely new method and scenario is what is keeping the anime manga world alive so this old idea given a new form really is refreshing but still i sincerely hope they don't axe this
vale vale vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:04   Link #7
Esclair

Spoiler for chapter 3:
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:17   Link #8
teejmo

^There's no way the kid could have had the money to go that route. But it might have been interesting if he had gone the Boy Wonder route.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 16:32   Link #9
amasposu

Izuku doesn't have an "individuality," so he doesn't really have a power, per say. What he uses is like brute strength more than anything else (Think of All Might's attacks). Izuku's sheer strength is really strong, but his body is really weak. When he uses his sheer strength, his body takes a great deal of damage. Also, his strength can only activates during certain conditions; ie: someone needs to be saved.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 17:10   Link #10
Breimoon

Wanted him to be the new shiage (to aru majutsu no index -> character from this novel)
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-14, 22:00   Link #11
marvelB

Hey, there's finally a translation for this series! Of course, said translations could be better, but..... eh, whatcha gonna do.

Anyway, I'm a little surprised nobody made the OPM comparisons yet, lol (I mean, the heroes even have rankings, right?). Anyway, it is interesting to see the MC already gain strength so soon after the first chapter. I'm also curious as to whether or not that kid with the explosion powers will still remain something of a rival to Izuku (maybe even becoming a supervillain), or they'll eventually team up together to fight crime....?

BTW, something interesting I noticed is that the giant villain shown in the first chapter's color spread (as seen in the first post) looks nearly identical to the villain from the first chapter of Bulge:

^Like seriously, just slap some dreadlocks on him, and they'd practically be the same character, lol. That being said, I do look forward to more of Horikoshi's character designs. I already like the tree ninja and firefighter hero's designs, in particular.
Old 2014-08-14, 22:20   Link #12
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
^There's no way the kid could have had the money to go that route. But it might have been interesting if he had gone the Boy Wonder route.
Since he's going to a Hero school, I'm sure there'll be some professor/teacher that's obsessed with building 'equipment' for Heroes, and he can end up being his lab assistant to help 'test' them out.

Well, I guess the OPM method could be fine too.
Old 2014-10-10, 22:12   Link #13
SamVision

Looks like this will turn into something like One Punch Man but with a younger audience in mind.
SamVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 15:15   Link #14
Esclair

Chapter 2 got scanlated.

The way he gets is his powers is kind of cool. I'm glad it's not a sudden powerup or some kind of hidden power sleeping dormant kind of thing.
Old 2014-10-13, 16:36   Link #15
Idealist 99

I would like the Main Antagonist to be a Normal human who was bulied like the MC therefore he hold a grudge on every single Human with Power and hatch a Plan to destroyed them all.
It would be fun to see the Most powerful villain to be a Normal Human with great intellect.
Like A Batman that gone evil !
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 19:29   Link #16
marvelB

So I just found out that this series is actually doing quite well for itself! That's great to know since that now means it has a much better chance of lasting longer than Oumagadoki and Bulge! Congrats, Horikoshi!

And on that note, I quite enjoyed the second chapter. Sure, it's still easy to compare with OPM (what with the MC actually training to get his power and all), but at least there's still Horikoshi's unique twist on things (like having to eat a hair instead of going bald, lol ). Definitely looking forward to the next translated chapters.
Old 2014-10-13, 19:33   Link #17
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The author seems to like American heroes.

...can I have a Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So I just found out that this series is actually doing quite well for itself! That's great to know since that now means it has a much better chance of lasting longer than Oumagadoki and Bulge! Congrats, Horikoshi!
I kind of imagine the author going through hellish training montages himself in-between series or something, with Rocky music.

It's certainly quite fun so far. Hopefully it doesn't lose steam to the cutthroat schedule/competitive pressure.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 20:10   Link #18
omega253

The second chapter was finally translated... Haa....

Plus, this manga has been doing well on the rankings. It's managed to stay in the top 10 for quite a while now.

Godspeed to the group doing this. You're gonna need it to catch up to the raws.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 08:01   Link #19
Idealist 99

Chapter 03 translation is Out--

--Female lead make her appearance

--It revealed that The MC never talk to a girl before.

--The MC score 0 But saved the Female Lead by Punching some huge Robot or something .
Idealist 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 08:35   Link #20
arthand

why dont i get translations of this manga ?
arthand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot