AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-15, 07:20   Link #681
Wandering Soul

That was emotionally charged fight. The stakes weren't high or dire, but as Deku points out, that was sort of the point. Now that they have let out their emotions, they can start the path to becoming proper rivals.

That argument about who would surpass the other felt like something you have heard before in past shounen manga, which was sort of the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Wait, how many episodes do we have yet? Is there a third cour? Are we going to see

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
As far as I know a 3rd cour hasn't been announced.

Spoiler for response:
Old 2018-09-15, 08:11   Link #682
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Wait, how many episodes do we have yet? Is there a third cour? Are we going to see

Spoiler for manga spoilers:
You'll see all of it eventually, but this cour is it for now. A S4 is a lock though, as this series is absolutely going to get a full adaptation.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 08:28   Link #683
Ultragunner

well, the fight in this episode is the point when Bakugo becomes a better character than Sasuke IMO and their relationship feels way more dynamic and interesting than that in the completed series

This is purely my point of view, but All Might put it best: Bakugo has been, ultimately, somewhat confused and even afraid about Deku's behaviour, or his "heart" to never give in making Bakugo himself feel that he had not made any progress at all.
Well, that still doesn't excuse his previous harassment toward Deku when the latter had no quirk.
Old 2018-09-15, 08:58   Link #684
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You'll see all of it eventually, but this cour is it for now. A S4 is a lock though, as this series is absolutely going to get a full adaptation.
Oh, well, that was never in doubt. For that matter, our children will probably get a My Hero Cinematic Universe at this rate .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 10:25   Link #685
Uribatake

Nice to have Yoshihiko Umakoshi back as chief animation director this week. I suppose he wasn't available for most of season 3 because of the movie.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 11:23   Link #686
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animators did a fantastic job once again. Deku and Bakugo's fight was intense and dynamic. The story content was great as well. Bakugo was able to release his pent up feelings and Deku progressed in his mastery of One for All.
Old 2018-09-15, 11:33   Link #687
Irenesharda

Wow, that was really good, and emotionally charged episode and it has to be my favorite Deku fight so far.

I loved how we finally get to see Bakago so emotional and I think that really began to open him up and change him for the better. Now that he has to face the fact and has to accept that Deku is no longer "beneath" him and is instead his equal or better, he can become an actual positive rival for Deku, rather than the poisonous, somewhat one-sided rivalry of what Endeavor and All Might had become.

Now that Bakago knows everything, he can be a great source of support for Deku. And I can now believe a true friendship can form from this.
I love that All Might talked to both of them and told Bakago everything. While Deku IS his heir, he cares for Bakago too. It will never be the same kind of relationship that Deku and All Might have, but it will now be closer than it was.

I'm really proud of Deku for finally showing that progress and confidence that he's been building all this time. He is no longer going to be Bakago's sandbag, he's no longer going to say nothing when Bakago says that "he will surpass him" or simply challenges him. He's now fighting back, talking back, standing up for himself. And I'm so proud.

And sure Bakago got him in one lucky move at the end, but I love how much Deku had him on the ropes and wasn't backing down! For me, that was more a victory than anything. Plus, the fact that Bakago was trying his hardest with all he had, with Deku only at 8 percent? That was a victory with a handicap. Also, in the end, it really doesn't matter as the fight was really all about getting all of the emotions out there.

A great episode and one of the best of the season. I'm guessing that the last of this is to give us a prelude for next season? I'll be looking forward to it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 12:43   Link #688
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

>Bakago

He may be an idiot in some aspects but that's too much
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 12:53   Link #689
Twi

That meteor-drop ending... credit where its due, Bakugo is still a better fighter than Izuku. Wonder how many street fights he got into to refine that.
Old 2018-09-15, 13:06   Link #690
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That meteor-drop ending... credit where its due, Bakugo is still a better fighter than Izuku. Wonder how many street fights he got into to refine that.
But Izuku is really getting there though! You are right that Bakago is the better tactician when it comes to hand to hand, Izuku is better strategist when it comes more towards the big picture. But we can see that Izuku is getting better and better and applying his strategy skills to his fighting skills, and he honestly had Bakago on the ropes, more than I've seen him with Bakago against any other opponent.

Honestly, along with the raw power he has still not tapped into yet, AND the fact that he is getting better and better as a fighter, it's not a matter of IF Izuku will surpass Bakago as a fighter, it's a matter of when.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-09-15, 13:49   Link #691
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Deku with lets say, 15% of One For All would absolutely shit on all of the main student body that we've seen so far, Bakugo had troubles reacting to 8% speed and hes by far the better fighter we've seen of the first years
Old 2018-09-15, 18:40   Link #692
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Deku with lets say, 15% of One For All would absolutely shit on all of the main student body that we've seen so far, Bakugo had troubles reacting to 8% speed and hes by far the better fighter we've seen of the first years
Yep. And let's face it, Bakugo has no hope of ending up stronger than Deku. All Might told him that someone who starts at level 1 will level up a lot faster than someone at level 50, but he didn't tell him he has a level cap far lower than Deku's.
Old 2018-09-15, 19:48   Link #693
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Like Endeavor, though, his career may be longer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 22:49   Link #694
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Not to mention going beyond his limit also means that he ends up self destroying before being able to accomplish much of anything like early Deku used to do.

Personally I'm rooting for Bakugo if nothing else because I really hate stories about the chosen one or the person who the story props up to save the world. I'd much rather root for the narrative underdog.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-15, 23:17   Link #695
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Like Endeavor, though, his career may be longer.
Well that really depends, All Might seems to be a little older than Endeavor, and it was his crippling injury that he gained in his fight that caused All Might to have to retire. If he hadn't been injured so egregiously, he would probably still be working as long as Endeavor will.

With Deku, we can't measure him by All Might's career length, because we can't say that he'll for sure have a life-altering injury that would cut it short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Not to mention going beyond his limit also means that he ends up self destroying before being able to accomplish much of anything like early Deku used to do.

Personally I'm rooting for Bakugo if nothing else because I really hate stories about the chosen one or the person who the story props up to save the world. I'd much rather root for the narrative underdog.
The thing is, the story has shown that originally Bakugo was seen as the "chosen one", always told that he would be the best and that he could do anything. He was the one everyone said would be a great hero and it gave him a superiority complex.

Narratively, Deku was the underdog in comparison to Bakugo. He was given no accolades, was told he was worthless, could do nothing of importance. Everyone told him his dream with worthless and he developed low self-worth.

It was All Might who decided to turn the normal on its head and give the underdog the chance to get in the ring and take on the "golden child" who was Bakugo.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-09-16, 01:17   Link #696
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Highly doubt that.
We know for a fact that OFA doesnt increase its users durability. That means, the 100% OFA that AM used got its recoil fully tanked by AMs own body that he gained via training, no enhancements via quirks. That means, everyone in this show (as long as they are average body-wise) can get as durable as prime AM.

In the end that would also mean that strength and speed go up, not to prime AM levels but to quite a extend. Tanking 15% or 50% will be no issue at that point. And im certain that will happen to Bakugou, Todoroki and co wile the series goes on.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 04:22   Link #697
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Students like Bakugo, Todoroki or Tokoyami will have ways to mitigate the damage. Not sure why you think everybody would be capable of taking hits from OFA.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 07:32   Link #698
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Well that really depends, All Might seems to be a little older than Endeavor, and it was his crippling injury that he gained in his fight that caused All Might to have to retire. If he hadn't been injured so egregiously, he would probably still be working as long as Endeavor will.

With Deku, we can't measure him by All Might's career length, because we can't say that he'll for sure have a life-altering injury that would cut it short.
Considering how getting horribly injured is his default tactic, I would be surprised if he didn't end up wheelchair-bound at an age even younger than All Might's ...

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 09:54   Link #699
Irenesharda

Quote:
Considering how getting horribly injured is his default tactic, I would be surprised if he didn't end up wheelchair-bound at an age even younger than All Might's ...
Hey! He's learning! I mean All Might just praised him not long ago for being able to go into a situation and not come out horribly injured. So, there's some hope for him!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2018-09-16, 15:08   Link #700
DemonneoPT

Nice rematch between Deku and Bakugo. The animation, direction and OST always on point. It's cool to see those two finaly getting along. Both Bakugo and Deku have grown so much since the first episodes back in season 1. I hope the next season is announced soon. I don't mind waiting a few months for it. It's worth. Bones make sure of it
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super hero