AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 08:09   Link #301
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Can't say I'm too thrilled about RGD, the story just seems a little flat to me, as well as the annoying minigames. However, I'm a bit intrigued to see what happens next, and since it's a 07th Expansion product I'm hoping it'll turn out amazing.

Also, has anyone had a look at Alfred's hands yet? I giggled.
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 19:17   Link #302
Slay
[VN] Higurashi ~ Spanish

Send a message via MSN to Slay
I've made a quick translation of the Tutorial in spanish.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gf7jmya9n2ixvc3
Old 2012-07-07, 00:08   Link #303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Now that 07th Expansion's new franchise has its demo released, a lot of people are probably quite curious about what kind of story it is.

That said, what's better than just having to rely on summaries and the likes? Do you remember the "surprise" I was mentioning during Epitanime?
Bingo: that would be reading the demo yourself, and that's what we gonna make it happen... right here right now.

In other words: We, Witch Hunt, are proud to announce that Rose Guns Days demo is available in English today.
Please download the demo of the game (Special thanks to teus, Message and Roto for hosting the patch-compatible version of the Japanese game) and the patch can be found at our website, as usual. Installers for both Windows and Mac OSX are available.
www.witch-hunt.com/stage_rgd_demo.html

As a little reminder, Rose Guns Days is a completely new and fresh series written by 07th Expansion's Ryukishi07. It is however drastically different compared to Naku Koro ni and Higanbana series, being defined as a hard boiled action series, with mini game to spice things up.
Therefore, you won't have anything akin to mystery talk and whatnot.

Speaking of minigame, please note that we advise you not to use any screen resolution change, such like a cfg file. The reason is that we noticed that such change often lead to a delay for the strike zones, despite the time counter stays the same, which might makes things harder in this case, or more frustrating for high scores.
Full screen however shouldn't affect that, so you might try it.

As usual, should you encounter any glitch, typo, etc, please let us know!
Anyway, please enjoy Ryukishi's newest story.
Old 2012-07-07, 00:15   Link #304
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A tad too soon I guess, we need to fix 1 thing on the site, won't take more than 5 minutes.
Old 2012-07-07, 02:11   Link #305
xBTAx

Ah, wow, I thought this might have been the surprise, but... I didn't expect it this soon!

Thanks for all your hard work, as always!
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:21   Link #306
Joly
モエカステル

Thank you for your hard work. I'll give the demo a go with the patch soon!
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 04:12   Link #307
st_nick5

You did that quickly o.0 Downloading now, thanks for the translation . Is the game in the same resolution as Umineko/Higurashi?
st_nick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:07   Link #308
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
Just finished playing it. Thank you, Witch Hunt, for the wonderful translation! Definitely looking forward to the full story.
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 05:10   Link #309
xBTAx

Just stayed up much longer than I should have and finished it. I loved it and can't wait for more...

Oh, and I actually liked the minigames. I felt that the dialogue flowed into them pretty well and that they weren't much trouble, though I guess misunderstanding the mechanics might have hurt some of the earlier players?

And the full game's up for preorder on AmiAmi, by the way.
Old 2012-07-07, 05:17   Link #310
Bern-san

Thank you so much WH!!!! And also Slay for the Spanish translation, it's good to see translation for more languages aside from English.

I'll have to wait for the mac version.

Amiami has opened preorders? Yay!
Old 2012-07-07, 05:20   Link #311
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Just stayed up much longer than I should have and finished it. I loved it and can't wait for more...

Oh, and I actually liked the minigames. I felt that the dialogue flowed into them pretty well and that they weren't much trouble, though I guess misunderstanding the mechanics might have hurt some of the earlier players?

Not too expensive either o.0 Is this gonna be like Umineko, where each game contains the previous games?
Old 2012-07-07, 08:12   Link #312
RandomAvatarFan

Well, it seems that he's going for the more "traditional" way of Visual Novels. This means more that it's only one game to begin with, with you choosing the path to take, instead of the When They Cry series where each "path" was a different game in itself.

i.e. only one big game is being released.

Question of my own:
I downloaded the demo from the 07thexpansion website and I have it already installed (and have been playing it). When I try to install the patch though, it keeps saying "Download verification failed." Do I need to download the entire thing again?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 09:22   Link #313
Kurizu204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

In other words: We, Witch Hunt, are proud to announce that Rose Guns Days demo is available in English today.
Please download the demo of the game (Special thanks to teus, Message and Roto for hosting the patch-compatible version of the Japanese game) and the patch can be found at our website, as usual. Installers for both Windows and Mac OSX are available.
www.witch-hunt.com/stage_rgd_demo.html
Awesome! Thank you for being so quick! Much love <3~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post

Hell yeah~! Hope it comes with the bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slay View Post
I've made a quick translation of the Tutorial in spanish.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gf7jmya9n2ixvc3
sweet now I can hopefully get my friend into this.
Kurizu204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:02   Link #314
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Oh thank you, later I'll have access to a computer with a mouse so I'll not fail in the minigame (touchpad sucks for these kind of things). Really thank you, Witch-Hunt!
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 10:23   Link #315
chronotrig

At least on the Mac, beating that minigame with a touchpad is definitely a lot harder, but I've found it's more satisfying once you can do it right. Getting that two-fingered right-click to work sucks, but once you've get that down you'll probably be fine.

Still, we might try and talk to 07th expansion and see if we can find a right-click-free mode for Mac users, especially those without the multi-touch touchpads. Since the original game doesn't support Mac, who knows if they'll be interested though.

Though many other OS laptop touchpads and a few custom mouses will probably have trouble no matter what happens.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 11:54   Link #316
Solachinx
is a myth

Still reading this (had to go to a memorial service lol) and I love every second of it. Thank you so much Witch-Hunt for making such quality translations at such a speed, and of course for doing Umineko
Old 2012-07-07, 11:55   Link #317
Ander

Whoa! Thank you!!!

I'm pre-ordering this right now! I absolutely loved the demo!

Is there going to be another pre-order with extra stuff...? I wonder...?
Ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:54   Link #318
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ander View Post
Whoa! Thank you!!!

I'm pre-ordering this right now! I absolutely loved the demo!

Is there going to be another pre-order with extra stuff...? I wonder...?
I'd have thought the extra stuff would be included with the pre-order. I don't think Amiami always says what comes with the pre-order.
Old 2012-07-07, 14:20   Link #319
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_nick5 View Post
I'd have thought the extra stuff would be included with the pre-order. I don't think Amiami always says what comes with the pre-order.
AmiAmi can be pretty weird about this kind of thing; they generally include something about it in the item's name, but they don't always do it (or add it later). Though if it's something every shop is doing and it's not a thing where there's a separate version with the bonus that costs extra (and there isn't in this case it seems), I'd say you can just assume it'll have it.
Old 2012-07-07, 16:09   Link #320
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

And it looks like my hate of the minigame really was because playing it with a touchpad sucks. Now in a computer with a proper mouse I could finally finish reading the story, and goddammit I want to read the full version already.

Overall, I didn't like the very start too much (the bit before the opening) because it felt too rushed, but then R07's writting skills were put to shine and I greatly enjoyed it. Also another Higurashi reference: the overkill medal is Rena with her axe/billhook/whatever you want to call it.

The different artstyles blended very well, except for Claudia whose sprite looks obviously strange compared to the others but I can endure it. The music is also very good, but nothing too outstanding yet.

The characters were also great and well written. For me, Wayne and Stella stole the spotlight whenever they appeared (and I'm not complaining).

So that's it. Now to wait for the full game.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel