AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-22, 22:05   Link #1941
gaguri

Spoiler:
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-22, 23:17   Link #1942
FateAnomaly

I really hope the person will be nyuu. Anyway, logic have nothing to do with it. If they want to subdue lucy they should just use gas instead of physical rounds.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 09:16   Link #1943
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaguri View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 13:19   Link #1944
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 15:46   Link #1945
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

Whos to say that she could have survived and that it was Nyuu that got killed off or both personalities were put back together and she just wanted to get back at those scientists?
Spoiler for Scene:
Arthas1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 17:04   Link #1946
gaguri

You're right. I almost forgot how ridiculous and stupid Elfen Lied is. If she can survive an anti tank rifle on her head, she can surely somehow survive thousands of bullets that may or may not be going through her. I mean, she can just lie there stationary all day, and a group of gunners rattling away right in front of her, and still fail to kill her. I could almost forgive the climax of the anime, but now you mention it, this anime reaches a new level of low. I mean, there is no way to really tell who is dead and who is not until we're spoonfed with a clear screenshot of a corpse m i rite.

Sometimes I wonder why I even try.
Old 2007-11-23, 17:16   Link #1947
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Read what about i posted about the ending on page 96...
Does it have to show her as dead and leave us with despair?
There is nothing wrong with the ending
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 19:56   Link #1948
gaguri

Now why would you be in despair if Lucy did die? Because the girl you loved so much for 13 episodes is dead? Is that why shows need to come up with deus ex machina to satisfy their fans? I agree that there is nothing wrong with the ending, since I think both the touching climax and the reflective scene somewhat redeems the mediocrity of the show. As long as Lucy is dead. Her coming alive is to me ludicrous and hilarious at best.

Quote:
The ending of Elfen Lied, Lucy marched into suicide, yet, why does it show the person knocking on the front door and the puppy's cheerful anticipating barking for the return of a loved one.

Both of Lucy's horns were cut/blown off, perhaps the ending was to let us actually view Lucy as a human being now. It also leaves a mystery, making us look back into all the events that has happened to Lucy, and decipher the ending(though we already know). It also leaves us with hope, hope to go against the odds of humanity and the determination to actually accomplish the task( relate to what Kouta did/felt for Lucy).
It isn’t necessary for Lucy to live on, in order to show her as a human being. She was redeemed from her isolation from her inner evil by Kouta’s unconditional love, just like how Lear was redeemed from his madness by Cordelia’s unconditional love (god I’m going to kill myself for bringing up Lear). She cut her evil side and her remaining vector torn off symbolizes it. Except in this case, unlike Lear, she recognizes her sin is great and can not be undone, and realizes that she will only bring harm to Kouta as long as she lives, so she chose to take Kouta’s unconditional love as a last gift and takes her step to death. She went there to die, and it’s laughable that she should survive that shooting. And no idea how that leaves us with the delusion hope to go against the odds of plausibility, logic and common sense humanity.
Old 2007-11-23, 20:16   Link #1949
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I suggest that we drop this since, in the absence of hard evidence, no one is going to change anyone else's opinion. And, unless there is a continuation or sequel, there will never be any proof one way or the other. It ranks about the same as arguing about the gender of the twins in Utawarerumono.
Old 2007-11-23, 20:18   Link #1950
gaguri

No, it ranks on even more amusing level than arguing if a guy in a plane crash is really dead or not, since no one can find his body. Possible scenarios of him jumping off the plane and miraculously landing safe on a truck loaded of cushion conviniently driving by, and being magically adopted by an invisible flying source before the crash all sounds mighty convincing. I agree that we drop this because it's so retarded.
Old 2007-11-23, 21:00   Link #1951
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Quote:
You're right. I almost forgot how ridiculous and stupid Elfen Lied is. If she can survive an anti tank rifle on her head, she can surely somehow survive thousands of bullets that may or may not be going through her.
You seem to be forgetting she had a metal helmet on. Think that MIGHT have had something to do with it.

Quote:
Now why would you be in despair if Lucy did die? Because the girl you loved so much for 13 episodes is dead?
Oh come on! Think of the series and what she'd been through. Ok it did take months to get over, but I just found it so hard to accept. Course I was in despair. I mean.... dang how can you say that?
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 21:21   Link #1952
gaguri

Quote:
You seem to be forgetting she had a metal helmet on. Think that MIGHT have had something to do with it.
Yea I forgot, because they're all wearing metal helmets in Iraq so that they can survive missiles that can pierce through a tank and blow it up. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 2007-11-23, 21:25   Link #1953
xplicitz

This reminds me of Gundam SEED

Spoiler for flaga:

imo, the ending suggested that it was Lucy but w/e
xplicitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:35   Link #1954
PastPrime

Quote:
Yea I forgot, because they're all wearing metal helmets in Iraq so that they can survive missiles that can pierce through a tank and blow it up. Thanks for the reminder.
I think, if you check, she moved at the last second and the bullet only grazed the side of the helmont. There is a lot of difference between a direct hit and a glancing blow.
Old 2007-11-24, 10:38   Link #1955
PastPrime

Quote:
No, it ranks on even more amusing level than arguing if a guy in a plane crash is really dead or not, since no one can find his body. Possible scenarios of him jumping off the plane and miraculously landing safe on a truck loaded of cushion conviniently driving by, and being magically adopted by an invisible flying source before the crash all sounds mighty convincing. I agree that we drop this because it's so retarded.
I'm confused. I don't remember Lucy being in a plane crash. That being the case I would consider this to be an extremely stupid comparison. And I might point out that people have survived plane crashes just as people have survived being shot multiple times.
Old 2007-11-24, 17:31   Link #1956
Southern Cross
Crux

Quote:
I think, if you check, she moved at the last second and the bullet only grazed the side of the helmont. There is a lot of difference between a direct hit and a glancing blow.
Yep. The reason why bullets are so lethal otherwise is because they're shaped specifically for armor penetration. Also, many armor plated things are shaped so that there are points along some of the edges of which most kinds of ammunition would simply bounce off. It's highly plausible that the armor piercing round just had an unlucky trajectory and grazed her at some point of the helmet that would cause minimal damage. Although you see, "minimal damage" was still something, since it seems to be the cause of the Nyuu character in Lucy.
Southern Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 04:51   Link #1957
gaguri

After reviewing the beginning of first episode, I'll concede on that point SC.

Quote:
I'm confused. I don't remember Lucy being in a plane crash. That being the case I would consider this to be an extremely stupid comparison. And I might point out that people have survived plane crashes just as people have survived being shot multiple times.
Let me recall what happened at the end.
Spoiler for funny picture lol:

What's stupid is not the plane comparison but your stubborness and pride. Animes, movies, novels tells shit that doesn't make sense all the time, there's nothing wrong with Lucy somehow miraculously coming back alive by the animtors' hands ;D
Old 2007-11-25, 13:07   Link #1958
PastPrime

Quote:
After reviewing the beginning of first episode, I'll concede on that point SC.

Let me recall what happened at the end.
Spoiler for funny picture lol:

What's stupid is not the plane comparison but your stubborness and pride. Animes, movies, novels tells shit that doesn't make sense all the time, there's nothing wrong with Lucy somehow miraculously coming back alive by the animtors' hands ;D
OK, I'll concede that you are an expert on weapons fired fully automatically. Now, to show everyone how knowledgeable you are how about telling them the following:
1 - Tell us how many fully automatic selectable weapons you have fired in the fully automatic mode.
and
2 - Tell us why the US military changed the M-16 so now it has a three shot burst mode instead of a fully automatic mode.
Old 2007-11-25, 13:30   Link #1959
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity

Let's.... not start mocking and cussing at each other. gaguri... you cant face the ending with utter despair. The ending of the person behind the door was to give us hope even though i believe Lucy died.
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 15:03   Link #1960
gaguri

My friend, my problem really isn't with people thinking that Lucy isn't dead.
I think it's fine for people to come up with that interpretation.
I just don't see why people have to make themselves and others believe in such a load of crap (as in, my drawing above). You think Lucy is alive because it fits better with your ideal character of Lucy and gives you hope, even though it doesn't make much sense. I think Lucy is alive because it doesn't make sense and fits better with the idea of redemption. Isn't that a nice discussion of people giving different interpretations on the same ending ^_^. But now I have someone who wants me to explain some crap about M-16 so I can prove that it's just that easy to kill a standing girl with a group of people aiming rifles right in front of her (although I could google and come up with something to pretend I'm a 'military expert', I wonder where this dude is going with retarded questions like these). I guess my pictorial explanation was way too abstract.

Tags
drama, ecchi, horror, loli, romance, seinen