AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 20:30   Link #201
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
"How can I get a dozen or two for my own personal harem. Or maybe 64. Squee."
- Ah. Kuroko. Right.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-29, 12:19   Link #202
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Ah. Kuroko. Right.

To be precise.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 09:56   Link #203
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So , does she have a chance with Touma ?
Or , as usual it'll be main girl with main lead ? (Index x Touma) well wonder if Index is worth to be a main girl ...

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-12-30 at 16:24.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 14:53   Link #204
tsunade666

what biribiri? and Touma? the guy doesn't have any love bone. His the type of guy that would help anyone and it just turn up to be a girl always. And as for index being just the main lead doesn't sum it up because mikoto is also a main leading heroine but for science side. Leave index in the magic and mikoto on the science and touma will just be stay neutral.

And why is it touya? is it just type or its meant to be? I'm already seeing touma's mom turning into a demon lord.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:25   Link #205
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I mean Touma lol XD but yeah , he's like the others male lead , forget the love !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 18:17   Link #206
Miraluka
Banned

To the hell with the innocent convivence I don't believe that crap XD, Touma is going to come a lolicon soon or later .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 04:06   Link #207
tsunade666

Isn't touma a lolicon already? with index and his soooooooo over the suspicious reaction towards anieze when she's walking half asleep into his room and also when he enters the women's bath
Old 2009-12-31, 12:53   Link #208
Miraluka
Banned

Can you call the bathroom his room??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Isn't touma a lolicon already? with index and his soooooooo over the suspicious reaction towards anieze when she's walking half asleep into his room and also when he enters the women's bath
Good point +e_e.
Old 2009-12-31, 14:26   Link #209
tsunade666

Its a bathroom and specially a woman's bathroom if 2 naked lolis are their plus 100+ more naked nuns are their taking a bath with tears.

So its a bathroom

EDIT:
Spoiler:

If biribiri is a loli then touma might consider but to him she's just a brat not a loli. So sorry biribiri,

Last edited by tsunade666; 2009-12-31 at 14:39.
Old 2010-01-06, 19:42   Link #210
babohtea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5nHO7ZAngo
=)
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 00:28   Link #211
Tabasco

Nice.

Hands down my favorite character in either series. The fact that she's awesome enough to have several brigade's worth of clones made of her really as it all I think.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:17   Link #212
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Forget clones. I just want a DECENT(!) figma of Kuroko available. What I see available on the market doesn't really interest me.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 07:00   Link #213
tsunade666

But this is a thread for biribri. I want a figma for biribiri but in the childish swimwear.
Old 2010-01-08, 11:35   Link #214
Miraluka
Banned

...but there is a video AMV thread.
Old 2010-01-08, 21:37   Link #215
babohtea

Yeah my bad. I didn't see it earlier. Oh well.

Something I want to say about the anime and Misaka Mikoto though: So far it seems that half of the cast doesn't get much attention during the light novels, but I'm not sure this will be the case in the anime. It's entirely probable that there will be cameo's of Misaka Mikoto reminding us that she's there, while in the novels it may seem like she's gone missing for an entire arc.

For instance, in the anime we saw Misaka Mikoto being surprised at the explosion at Touma's apartment when Lyle(?) first met him, while this never happened during the LN. It makes the characters that really aren't actively participating in the current events still seem connected to the story.
Old 2010-01-08, 21:45   Link #216
Miraluka
Banned

Do you mean Styl, right?
Well about Index series, she is just a side character like Touma is in Railgun series, althought that she still have some futures cameos Index's light novels, but she has no roles in the plot, even more since she got her spin off.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-01-08 at 22:00.
Old 2010-01-08, 21:54   Link #217
babohtea

To be honest, it doesn't seem like Index is that far into its story (even the light novels) so it would be wrong to assume that what we know now won't change regarding Misaka's role. No, I understand that it's unlikely but I'm just throwing that out.

Anyhow, about Misaka Mikoto in general. Following the Railgun storyline, while it doesn't exactly cover the same epic feeling that Index does, I almost feel like the author of Index could learn a couple of things from Railgun. I mean, Misaka Mikoto has had more development in 12 episodes than I felt Touma went through in the entire season of Index (losing your memory does not count as character development). From what little I know regarding the future events of Index, it's probable that this season of Railgun might have more character development than all the light novels so far (maybe not all 18 novels, but you should get the point).

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-01-08 at 22:10.
Old 2010-01-09, 00:42   Link #218
Tabasco

It helps that a lot of the material is original to the show, as I understand it.

It also helps that there is a consistent focus on a fairly small cast so far, without running several arcs that each need a setup and introduction of each villain/antagonist/character of the week.

That was one of the things that I had an issue with in Index, is that while each arc taken by itself worked, they didn't seem to string together well into consistent development. Do the novels seem to work the same way?
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 00:56   Link #219
babohtea

Yes, the novels are like that. Which is why I wouldn't mind Index's anime going a little bit off track (just not too much)
Old 2010-01-09, 04:48   Link #220
tsunade666

Well I think I said it before but to me the novel doesn't even care about character development. Its not even funny if you ask character development from the author. On all the novel books the only one can be considered character development is from vol 12. The date of biribri that turn ruined by imouto and LO. Other than that. Its pure battle here and war their. Killing spree here and massacre their. Having a tons of character and so little time for each it leads into no character development which I like and don't like. I like shana better with their pace of character development but I like the war more in index than shana....

but oh well each other has their own perspective but index doesn't have any of character development. If someone say that it had any good character development other than that then please say which is it?
touma in the hospital?
Getting pawned by the girls?
Talking with others?
Cosplay?
I hardly say that's character development.