AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-01-30, 01:21   Link #121
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
*rubs hands*

Left side, there's a shadow under that machete .. which make it 3D .. and adds a layer of on top of the face .. which make it a tad too thick and heavy =/ ..
Removing it would make it bare tho.. Also, is that 2 faces I see? 1 looking straight and the other looking to the left? It sure looks like it kinda look like a sky mask that bank robbers use Also, whats that black strip over that guy's face .. near his mouth?
yes i'm aware the layer is really thick and doesn't really blend pretty well, however, the original face picture is no less than a rough cut scan, which gives pain with the colour scheme...
that said, i'm trying to tweek the surroundings, so i it would be less heavy like this "i can't really guarantee something though XD)

like you said, i tried to remove it, but it gives really a huge gap between the center/right with the left.

but... no there is only 1 face
the blakc strip, as you can see in the scan above is in fact... his arm and the sleeve of his jacket XD

by the way, this is a knife, not a machete
Quote:
Right side, would be better if the black gradient is a bit transparent ... its kinda feel like a slap on top thingie. Also, blue blue glass moon but yet not a slightest blue around the sig Crimson = red (?) is abundance tho
i wanted the blakc gradiant as something oustanding, despite the slight transparence ^^"
as for the moon, yeah it was blue from the start, but like the sub title suggest, it is completely covered by the "crimson air".

FYI, the subtitle content, form are the "official" subtiltle for tsukihime (yes, rather weird with all theses caps) and the font was done so it would be the ... most faithful XD
Quote:
and OMG use spoiler tag dammit >.< .. I cant read them anyway so XD

I like the whole sig feel.. gives the badass feeling albeit you still suffer the I need to put something somewhere some more .. You leave the bottom right part tho, it feel a tad to bare compared
sounds like it is hard to correct me, isn't it? ~~
i'm willingly trying to suppress the "want to put the most things possible, almost cluttering it" syndrom, yet, hard for me XD
Old 2007-02-03, 21:01   Link #122
CXC

I'm almost done with this one atm so what do sugesstion do you all have in mind to improve on this one...

CXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 05:29   Link #123
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The background seems to be some kind of Black & White, it could use some more tones IMO. The quality of the image is pretty good but the charchter's face looks disproportionate.. mmm.

Overall it's pretty good.

Post Scriptum
Are there suppose to be waves in the background. Blood ocean?
Old 2007-04-29, 00:21   Link #124
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Ok, this idea just came up, so it took me like 5 minutes to do. It seems really cool other than the fact that the character looks way to small, but there still seems to be another element thats making it look weird, anyone got any ideas?
Old 2007-04-29, 06:10   Link #125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Why don't you loose the shadow Crystal-chan..
You could also add a really zoomed in version of her head in the background. That should fill most of the emptiness. Make it semi-trasparent and posibly move the main eye catcher to the extreme left or perhaps left since her head is leaning to the right.

You could flip it horizontally, so it doesn't look like a copy paste of the other.
BtW, the borders loo thick, and looks even thiker at the bottom.
Old 2007-04-29, 07:26   Link #126
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its the empty BG which flatten the 3D effect o_o

btw, thanks for reviving my thread ^^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 11:03   Link #127
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Any better?

And I should be thanking you for creating this thread, I seriously need input for my creations.

Last edited by Crystal_Method; 2007-04-29 at 11:38.
Crystal_Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 12:15   Link #128
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yup.. looks great.
------------------
KiNA can I harass yours :3
Old 2007-04-29, 23:55   Link #129
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

=3 .. Go ahead.. I could use some bashing .. I know the left side is jaggy anyway =3 .. Mick Jagger decided to have an exended stay at my PS

Cryme a bit hidden tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 04:01   Link #130
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

3 Characters are 1 too many. Perhaps the left one should be just a shadow in the background.

Those grey shadows are... mm.. expendable considering you have black and grey BG.
If it has to have shadows maybe making them more exaggerated and square like.

The middle one looks like she deserves more screen space, maybe even moved to the left a little.

The real problem I think is that really random streak for a background. I think black's ok, though a richer black would fair better.
I can't think of appropriate BG for it though in my mind it should be something like dark-glass shaped in so retro-form look (like that skull in her hair), probably build up on a non-retro themed one (so I don't have to bloat it in the name of filling emptiness). But that's just based on my impression of Yoko. I think she's a very transparent and straight forward character, something like plain randomness just doesn't suit her. Also those are not Yoko expressions, except for the middle one, but that's just my opinion.

BTW KiNA have you seen Klashikari around..
Old 2007-04-30, 05:49   Link #131
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Got a new one for everyone to criticize. For some reason I've been in the Range Murata mood, here it is:

Old 2007-04-30, 05:58   Link #132
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Looks good.
How is it at at 500 px width?.. scratch that ^^
Old 2007-04-30, 09:00   Link #133
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

sounds like i didn't do my homeworks for a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
BTW KiNA have you seen Klashikari around..
somebody called for an exterminator? [/Starcraft OFF]
heh? you called me? ^^'
i was always here, but weren't really inspired for some analysis for this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Well, the pictures cut isn't really the problem here. instead, the three of them appear to make the signature unbalanced.
i would say that only the left one staying as outstanding as it is right now should be enough. (which means : i would suggest the left picture as the only one which break the signature borders)
Jagged problem aside, the right edge of the left yoko suffers a lot of the outerline being partially erased (especially the scarf, arm and back)

i guess the center pic style was done on purpose, but the it is a bit too blocky... why nor some splatter effect ? (yeah a bit random however)

don't know why, but the right pic appears to be dull to me.
thus, i would say like cats : reduce the amount of pic to 2, however, i would suggest something else : center pic enlarged, and taking more space to the right, while the current right pic is removed.

the BG is not too random XD, but i will agree with cats : it lacks of several feelings, due the colors.
i think lively colors like orange, red and other bright mix would suit yoko (though i don't watch gurren lagann... yet).
what about some "tags" ? *shrug* i'm kinda lost in my thoughts...~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
Got a new one for everyone to criticize. For some reason I've been in the Range Murata mood, here it is:

nice cut, though the left wheel has very tiny leftover.
i would suggest some scanlines, which would suggest some "speed", on the BG.
the "cry me", either the text and its font appear to be really out of the place/character Oo
nickname of the sig bearer?
Old 2007-04-30, 18:41   Link #134
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
sounds like i didn't do my homeworks for a while...

somebody called for an exterminator? [/Starcraft OFF]
heh? you called me? ^^'
i was always here, but weren't really inspired for some analysis for this thread

Well, the pictures cut isn't really the problem here. instead, the three of them appear to make the signature unbalanced.
i would say that only the left one staying as outstanding as it is right now should be enough. (which means : i would suggest the left picture as the only one which break the signature borders)
Jagged problem aside, the right edge of the left yoko suffers a lot of the outerline being partially erased (especially the scarf, arm and back)

i guess the center pic style was done on purpose, but the it is a bit too blocky... why nor some splatter effect ? (yeah a bit random however)

don't know why, but the right pic appears to be dull to me.
thus, i would say like cats : reduce the amount of pic to 2, however, i would suggest something else : center pic enlarged, and taking more space to the right, while the current right pic is removed.

the BG is not too random XD, but i will agree with cats : it lacks of several feelings, due the colors.
i think lively colors like orange, red and other bright mix would suit yoko (though i don't watch gurren lagann... yet).
what about some "tags" ? *shrug* i'm kinda lost in my thoughts...~~

nice cut, though the left wheel has very tiny leftover.
i would suggest some scanlines, which would suggest some "speed", on the BG.
the "cry me", either the text and its font appear to be really out of the place/character Oo
nickname of the sig bearer?
Yup cryme comes out of Crystal Method, I just do that for my sigs because crystal method as a whole takes too much space, to me at least. I'd much rather not put any name or text in my sigs, but I'd like people to know that I made them... though I guess just having your name in the sig doesn't exactly mean you created it....

Anyways, the left wheel looks like that because the wheel and the right shoulder of the character is intersecting (I did a messy job on the close up too, so I must of picked up something to cover that tiny spot on the wheel), I'll fix that later. And I don't know about using scanlines, usually I'd think of using them on a more plain background, I'll give it a try though.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:53   Link #135
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I've a rather unrelated question... is the character a rendered 3D model? It has some features which are typical for that kind of models. Yet this could just be coincidence (and I don't have a hi-res version ... well thatswhy I need to ask )

Last edited by Jinto; 2007-04-30 at 19:05.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:08   Link #136
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin View Post
I've a rather unrelated question... is the character a rendered 3D model? It has some features which are uniques to that kind of models. Yet this could just be coincidence (and I don't have a hi-res version ... well thatswhy I need to ask )
I don't think it's a 3D model, just Range Murata's unique style of drawing and colouring. :3
http://www.pseweb.com/index.html

Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:10   Link #137
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Here's the originals of my current sig and working sig. They're just extremely detailed cgs. Both of them by Range Murata if you're interested.
Old 2007-04-30, 19:26   Link #138
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Oh imo they are more than just detailed CGs (yet they are CGs --- looking at the hi-res versions kinda proofs it). But they are absolutely symmetrical and even use realistic proportions regarding the perspective view. Don't you have the feeling these mangaish characters look quite natural? (except for the obvious stuff like e.g. the eyes)
Old 2007-04-30, 19:40   Link #139
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

That's why Range Murata is one of my favorite artists. He also uses futuristic products like furniture that you would find in a lot of modern art museums, which make his characters seem more real.
Old 2007-04-30, 19:56   Link #140
bl4xb0x
AKA Merlow
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bl4xb0x Send a message via MSN to bl4xb0x Send a message via Yahoo to bl4xb0x
Alright, I would like to submit two of my most current for criticism, hopefully not to be torn asunder....

I'm currently experimenting with some new techniques that I've discovered. Any that you guys would like to recommend?
bl4xb0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, signature