AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 17:27   Link #22101
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
In the premonition scene, I get a feeling that both worlds are going to be destroyed or something.
If I have my way, they will be! DEATH TO ALL! KILL, KILL!!! EVERYTHING MUST BURN! BURN IT ALL! FIRE WILL CONSU-- *thud*

I apologize for my rather abrupt way of handling the situation...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 21:53   Link #22102
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5: Kouyouen Station- Final Answer:

(Itsuko is too much.)

Last edited by Tyabann; 2010-01-30 at 18:18.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 22:09   Link #22103
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Spoiler for September the First, Day 6: Kouyouen Station- Final Answer:
Just trying to figure out how this scene fits in regards to Kyonko's route. For her, does this take place while Kyon is unconscious? They were meeting at 7pm if I recall, so it wouldn't really make sense time-wise for her to sneak out of his house again just for the meeting.

Or, looking at the outline again, is this the generic "Final Answer", with the Interlude Final Answer soon to come?

Oh, and not that it's a big deal, but you called it September the First on this scene.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 22:16   Link #22104
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Interludes are almost always narrated by the Third Person Narrator and not by Kyon or Kyonko. This is the generic Final Answer. I'll be writing the Interlude version later and editing that post.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:19   Link #22105
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I'm wondering the same thing as GDB. How does this fit into Kyonko's route. And don't say "Patience young padawan."

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 22:35   Link #22106
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
I get back from Taiwan and I see...what? Another 4-5 pages? Damn it's been hard to catch up, and that's just backlog since I've last posted. Might as well start a backlog checker in my sig to show where I'm up to.
As you might be noticing, in early days of this thread, this is what happened when you went sleep. Good thing I was't here yet, otherwise I would have gone mad.

Quote:

(Itsuko is too much.)
Awesome scene. I loved Mitsuuru's reaction to Yuuki reveal. Waht he said completely broke all he knows about life. I hope it get more explored in future (with both him and future!him (who, as we saw, had already went mad). I believe he should have been more mad with Itsuko tough, specially if his mission was, indeed, pointless (I beleive it wasn't, however, even if it had no results).

What Yuuki said about Haruki is very interesting too. It is also open to many interpretatios. Does that means Haruhi is not a real god? Just a normal human with strange powers? Or maybe it is Haruki who is not god, but, insted, an artificial being. But then, who created him? Haruhi? But why just him and not the others? It was the IDE or any related alien insted? If so, is the Seitenkan verse that much different? Interesting, definitivelly interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just trying to figure out how this scene fits in regards to Kyonko's route. For her, does this take place while Kyon is unconscious? They were meeting at 7pm if I recall, so it wouldn't really make sense time-wise for her to sneak out of his house again just for the meeting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
I'm wondering the same thing as GDB. How does this fit into Kyonko's route. And don't say "Patience young padawan."
Look the outlines and the flowchart closer. This scene don't fit in Kyonko's route at all.

PP:
Oh, yeah, what I am really wondering is how this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuki
"The morning was spent attempting to convince Mitsuuru Asahina to relinquish his piece. He stated that he desired to keep it as a 'souvenir'."
played out.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 22:45   Link #22107
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Lol, haven't looked at the flowcharts since they came out....

Old 2010-01-29, 22:49   Link #22108
Heatth

You should. They are very useful to understand how each scene relate to the others. Were you actually able to understand Day4 without it?

Anyway, this scene is not part of Kyonko's route. It is replaced by another one.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:52   Link #22109
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
You should. They are very useful to understand how each scene relate to the others. Were you actually able to understand Day4 without it?
I understood Day 4 without it and without the first three days. I should probably read those at some point.

Quote:
Anyway, this scene is not part of Kyonko's route. It is replaced by another one.
Yeah, it was my first time checking the outline/flowchart, so wanted to be sure. Especially since the flowchart is kind of odd here, as all the routes point to this Final Answer, and the Interlude Final Answer is an offshoot with nothing connecting to it. Luckily the outline was more precise.
Old 2010-01-29, 22:58   Link #22110
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Didn't Kaisos say something about changing the flowchart and outline to match his new thoughts? Also, I'm pretty sure I understood Day 4.

Old 2010-01-29, 23:13   Link #22111
Heatth

Kaisos is always changing things as he goes on and have new ideas/inspiration. However, the basic of the outline and flowchart are kept the same. For exemple, check the current Day5's outline and the previous one. They are very different, yet, still pretty similar (the new one basicly added new scenes).

What is change the most is the actuall content of the scenes. Read how the are now and how the were conceived in the outlines and you will find loads of differences. Itsuko's subscens are, for exemple, completely different of how they were originally(in the first outline she didn't even have casual clothes, for exemple, and this was a minor plot point).

Anyway, I am surpriesed you were able to follow Day4. There are many branches and while some are obvous, others are not (btw, Day4 also changed a lot, so the scenes name don't actually match).
Old 2010-01-30, 00:36   Link #22112
luap1138

Nice scene. Very interesting discovery Yuuki made. What could this mean?

Few quick things though. First, I assume by KyonkoConvo you mean KyonkoMeeting, which would mean that particular variation would only occur if Kyon did not help Kyonko find a place to stay. Just checking. Secondly, shouldn't there be a variation for the Moron variable? Maybe showing how Yuuki and Mitsuuru met up with Kyonko and helped her drag Kyon away and rob him. I don't know, just a suggestion.
luap1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 01:45   Link #22113
s07195
However,

oh I get it, Haruki is just a humanoid interface thing and Haruhi's the real one, yet Haruki's power has "awakened" (or has he just 'borrowed' Haruhi's like Yui did in Disappearance) and Haruki's breaking out, Mitsuuru (and possibly Kyonko) are going mad, the normal!SOS Dan haven't figured much out at all except Kyon and Yuki (depending which route it is) and the WHOLE genderbend!universe goes "kablooie".

The different routes are so screwing with my mind...
it's all mixing together and twisting and changing until everything doesn't make sense...
sort of like the 'Memories in Pieces'
Old 2010-01-30, 03:21   Link #22114
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:

(Itsuko is too much.)
Man, it seems the best parts are always from the Seitenkan gang. Can't really be surprised, with more creative freedom and all that. Fact is, Itsuko's never really had the chance to show off this side of her. She even taken over Haruki's bullying role.

What could Yuuki's revelation mean? Was Haruki always something inhuman from the start or did he make himself so? Was he more dissatisfied with himself, or his self-image was always, "I'm more."? Does this mean Haruhi has a more "human" self-image? What is real? Did god make men in His image or man made god in his?

Last edited by otai; 2010-01-30 at 03:57.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 03:44   Link #22115
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Holy shit.

.-.

I am in awe of this project.

All it needs is good romance. (which it has already, lol)
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 11:35   Link #22116
GDB

Quote:
the normal!SOS Dan haven't figured much out at all except Kyon and Yuki (depending which route it is) and the WHOLE genderbend!universe goes "kablooie".'
I think Koizumi knows what's going on for the most part. Isn't he Itsuko's "contact" on this side?
Old 2010-01-30, 11:55   Link #22117
Heatth

Quote:
I think Koizumi knows what's going on for the most part. Isn't he Itsuko's "contact" on this side?
Well, her contact could very well be Mori, Arakawa, the Tamaru brothers or anyone other member of the Organization. However, given how he acted on this scene, helping Kyonko and Itsuko to cover p from Haruhi, I think it is safe to say he is awerse of of what is going on anyway.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:22   Link #22118
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Itsuki knows exactly what's going on, and Yuki is very aware of who the Seitenkan Brigade are.

In other news, I've updated that scene with the interlude I mentioned. Film at 11.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:53   Link #22119
GDB

Quote:
In other news, I've updated that scene with the interlude I mentioned. Film at 11.
If someone were to take Kyonko's route first (that's possible, right? Based on that one interlude that congratulated you for doing it first or whatever), would they then not learn the information regarding the other universe at this point in time? Is that the price for having neither Kyon at the scene?
Old 2010-01-30, 19:16   Link #22120
Heatth

Quote:
If someone were to take Kyonko's route first (that's possible, right? Based on that one interlude that congratulated you for doing it first or whatever), would they then not learn the information regarding the other universe at this point in time? Is that the price for having neither Kyon at the scene?
Actually, it is not possible. You can only get Kyonko's route after finishing the other 4 routes. So, by this point you have already the oportunity of have read all this information at last 4 times. If you were lucky. The outlines/flowchart tell you that.

About the interlude. Well, it was very good too. Not as much as the real scene, tough. I liked how Yuuki only replied after have been directly questioned.

I found kinda ironic Itsuko being described as the 'usual voice of reason' while Mitsuuru is usually the 'voice of faith', considering Itsuko is the member of the weird religious Organization.

A very minor and pointless thing. I am pretty sure Yuuki would say Kyonko's full name insted 'she'. But, well, this is kinda unavoidable isn't it?

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan