AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 182
091 - 100: Amazing... 0 0%
081 - 090: Great... 1 4.76%
071 - 080: Very Good... 1 4.76%
061 - 070: Good... 6 28.57%
051 - 060: Average... 3 14.29%
041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: There should be Federal laws against showing such crap... 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-21, 00:40   Link #1
james0246

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 182 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Gaara 'Bonds' - 我愛羅『絆 ~ Gaara 'Kizuna'.

Description:

Credits –
Animation Supervisor: Hong Rong (174, 164, 157)
Storyboard: Shinji Satou (171, 162, 115)
Episode Director: Kanryou Kishikawa (174)
Screenplay: Masahiro Hikokubo (181, 180, 179)

Title for Next Episode:
Naruto Outbreak - ナルト・アウトブレイク ~ Naruto Autobureiku.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 10:07   Link #2
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Darn. The episode with Gaara could've been better.
Though Gaara looked clearly like Magneto (part 2, escape scene) which was alright...

Regrettable since Gaara is one of my favorite characters.
Old 2010-10-21, 10:08   Link #3
epyon96

These fillers are actually very well done. I enjoy them for the first time in Naruto filler history.

Epyon
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 11:58   Link #4
Sinn
Pwnage

It was "eh". Not bad, but same old.
Old 2010-10-21, 12:13   Link #5
Fran~
floating away...

the good old naruto vibe...

lol, what naruto did to sakura in the preview???
Old 2010-10-21, 15:20   Link #6
Lumir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
the good old naruto vibe...

lol, what naruto did to sakura in the preview???
Gave her some kind of fever. Guess he gots some contagious disease.
Old 2010-10-21, 16:23   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This episode was a definite reminiscent of old, I enjoyed it.

LoL at the preview feeling like a H-Doujin

I wish I wasn't such a perv sometimes... I kept watching the ED just to see Tenten's ass
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 18:07   Link #8
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
This episode was a definite reminiscent of old, I enjoyed it.

LoL at the preview feeling like a H-Doujin

I wish I wasn't such a perv sometimes... I kept watching the ED just to see Tenten's ass
About you're avatar... when that scene happend in the anime i couldn't help it but thinking she really was busy doing it... in the end she was sitting on someone who was doing push ups..

I guess we can't help it afterall.
Old 2010-10-22, 04:55   Link #9
Sinn
Pwnage

Lol, that's the point of showing such clips, so we perverts would think of that. The animators are doing it on purpose anyway
Old 2010-10-22, 05:35   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

At least will some people get a good laugh while watching next episode

This episode was ok imo
Old 2010-10-23, 04:36   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hey, I actually liked this episode's original content more than I did the canon part. Pleasantly surprised.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 13:30   Link #12
matsunaga_hisahide
Ravages of time-Zhang Fei

So basically no one really knows when this is going to end.

I wouldnīt mind fillers, if they were actually good. But those last filler episodes were medicore at best (I admit it has itīs moments, but those are clearly overshadowed by the lackluster effort put in by the animation team to make an interesting story)

One Piece fillers donīt really have any real big story twists either, but thankfully, Once Piece knows how to play the serious/comedy cards and seeing the interaction of the crew as well as others is allways a blast.

Why canīt they show an awesome Gaara filler arc were you see how he became Kazekage, not just some puny half episode appearance.
You are a freaking killing machine and we all said youīre a bloodthirsty monster and shunned you like satan himself, but hey, past is past, be our Kazekage now...is that seriously how it went?
Or give us some missions with other Konoha Teams, with fights, REAL FIGHTS. I mean, I like some side stories, "social interactions" and comedy moments, but I watch Naruto mainly for the ninja/jutsus/war setting, means fights.
When will TenTen, Neiji, Rock Lee, Chouji, Ino, etc. get a badass fight again? They have some pretty awesome jutsus and fighting styles...so where are they?

Thatīs the problem with the Naruto fillers. Again, sorry for mentioning OP, but at least some fillers focus on Vivi, the marines or some other people they met, foe or allies alike.

Seriously, why are there no fillers about Akatsuki members? Kakuzuīs happy Bountyhuntin' or the fight Sasori vs. The third Kazekage?
We got what, 5 flashbacks for Nagato/Pain, but none about Hidan, Kakuzu?
More about Deidaraīs past wouldīve been nice too, not just his recruiting scene for about two times.

In Naruto itīs allmost all the time Naruto/Sasuke. There are so many freaking characters in Naruto, dead or alive, why the heck arenīt they shown? Gaara is as popular, no even more popular than Sasuke and Naruto together (mainly because of his voice actor) so that canīt be their excuse that people wouldnīt like seeing other, more interesting characters.

And for those who say, just donīt watch it, yeah, Iīm trying to do that, but it would be nice to know, when the fillers are going to end, so I donīt have to search up every week if itīs a filler or not, if thereīs some canon in it or not.
Old 2010-10-23, 14:21   Link #13
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

^ I think the filler is limited to what it can do. For instance, they have showed filler about the jinchūriki. But they never have showed an Akatsuki filler. I would love to see filler with the Jashin cult, but they won't touch that. Naruto will always be part of every filler episode, even though everyone would agree that it would be cooler to see the teams on their own doing interesting missions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsunaga_hisahide View Post
Gaara is as popular, no even more popular than Sasuke and Naruto together (mainly because of his voice actor) so that canīt be their excuse that people wouldnīt like seeing other, more interesting characters.
Gaara isn't as popular as Naruto or Sasuke. He never even cracked the top 5 in the popularity polls.

As for this episode, it depends on how much you like Gaara, since it was all about him. I was looking forward to Temari reacting about Konoha and she was only in the episode for a brief moment and wasn't needed at all. Poor Romi Park had one line. So that was really disappointing. I was hoping for another repeat of the last filler arc of Part 1 where all the Sand Sibslings did something, but nope.

Next episode should appease the NaruSaku fans.
Old 2010-10-23, 15:47   Link #14
neshru

Quote:
Why canīt they show an awesome Gaara filler arc were you see how he became Kazekage, not just some puny half episode appearance.
1) Because it could contradict canon.
2) Because every filler arc must have Naruto in it.

Quote:
Seriously, why are there no fillers about Akatsuki members? Kakuzuīs happy Bountyhuntin' or the fight Sasori vs. The third Kazekage?
1) Because it could contradict canon.
2) Because every filler arc must have Naruto in it.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 18:07   Link #15
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Huge rant.
OP also has Luffy in its fillers all the time. The reason you don't mind is probably because Luffy and his crew are a much more enjoyable bunch than Naruto/Sakura/Sai. Including other teams is fine and they've done it in the past.

By the way, there are canon parts mixed in with the filler -every- week. The fillers are expected to last through November, I believe.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 23:28   Link #16
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well it continues. Think the best part of the episodes are the poll options for 000 - 010 . Nice to get some Gaara attention even if it wasn't that good of an episode.
Old 2010-10-25, 06:38   Link #17
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

The episode was good, the only thing what bothers me is the way everyone is treating Naruto. I don't hate Sakura but the way she is acting towards Naruto is weird, she shows more respect towards Gaara the guy who tried to kill her and yet she treat Naruto bad (the guy who saved her life). Animators did bad job with this, I still didn't see a filler where Naruto isn't acting like an idiot. Anyway if anyone want's to discuss their filler experiences, you can check this thread out.
Old 2010-10-26, 09:06   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Sakura is a twisted version of tsundere for Naruto, I say twisted because only the first half of it applies in this series As with most anime, Kishi plays his romance safe without making clear pairings (in blatant contrast with Bakuman, for example).
As for the fillers, I finally mustered enough interest to watch this episode...gotta say they got some good ideas, but iunno, it was boring not as exciting as I was expecting it to be. Btw, cramming the intro at 9 freakin minutes or something is really bad, they had done it with Sign too a few times and god, I hated it...(not the song, the half-episode OP thing).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion