AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 09:56   Link #81
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Haha. I really like this discussion. Even in anime thready, they were all wondering if she is wearing or not. The mystery of Masuzu's panties
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:34   Link #82
waffler

does eita love masazu?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:47   Link #83
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
does eita love masazu?
did u bother 2 read any of the spoilers in the thread before posting this?
Old 2013-01-08, 01:54   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Haha. I really like this discussion. Even in anime thready, they were all wondering if she is wearing or not. The mystery of Masuzu's panties
Well, from Eita's point of view (and the way the anime/manga shows it), there is no way Masuzu could be wearing any panties unless it was black, and as thin as a string.

It's just that Masuzu herself teases him about it and insists that she does, so no one knows whether Masuzu should be trusted or not.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 01:58   Link #85
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Well, from Eita's point of view (and the way the anime/manga shows it), there is no way Masuzu could be wearing any panties unless it was black, and as thin as a string.

It's just that Masuzu herself teases him about it and insists that she does, so no one knows whether Masuzu should be trusted or not.
is it not the "boyfriends" duty to trust his "girlfriend" without a shred of doubt? lol

and rather then the panties, i'd say her poses are more interesting >>
Old 2013-01-08, 02:00   Link #86
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
is it not the "boyfriends" duty to trust his "girlfriend" without a shred of doubt? lol

and rather then the panties, i'd say her poses are more interesting >>
Hey, we're not her boyfriends though.
Old 2013-01-08, 02:04   Link #87
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Hey, we're not her boyfriends though.
>>

are we not referring to eita?

or...?
Old 2013-01-08, 15:12   Link #88
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
did u bother 2 read any of the spoilers in the thread before posting this?
Well, in all fairness, even in those spoilers, he's mostly shown just attraction. Remember when he was asked what he liked about her, and he could only think of her face (he probably would have wanted to say tits and ass, but couldn't). He still knows little to nothing about her, and Masuzu remains stubborn on being dishonest with her own feelings trying to be anti-love, even though she clearly likes Eita and she knows it. So, I don't think Eita can even think of being serious about her, considering the many times he's asked Masuzu if she's serious (whenever she's been more dere) and she's denied saying she was merely acting her part.

So, unless I've missed anything, I don't think Eita is yet in love with Masuzu.
That said, his actions in chapter 12 in volume 4 do show deep down he likes her, but I don't think he's aware of his own feelings, and/or why he likes Masuzu. So, I think he needs to come to terms with what his feelings are, what he wants before we can say if he indeed is in love with her.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:25   Link #89
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, in all fairness, even in those spoilers, he's mostly shown just attraction. Remember when he was asked what he liked about her, and he could only think of her face.
No. Basically he was in an argument that Masuzu was a dishonest person and a bunch of other bad things; and Eita stood up for her and started to argue back as in defending her... However the only positive trait that he could identify was her looks

About "if Eita loves Masuzu", well, there is a bunch of "soft evidence" that is 'weak to her' (as in, her character type) and that they are steadily growing closer; but when it comes down right to it, in the whole story Eita is the character that has moved forward the less when it comes to emotional maturity, so not only he isn't clear on what he wants, he kinda doesn't completely understand what's wrong with him; and he obviously needs to overcome those things before opening up to love; which is obviously going to be one of the key points of the series future.

Wasn't LN 6 bond to be out like next week or something? This isn't the type of series where we get early spoilers or something like that, sadly.
Old 2013-01-08, 15:37   Link #90
Shadow5YA

I was under the impression that he hated romance because of his parents, so I think they may need to make an appearance if he is ever going to come to terms with it.
Old 2013-01-08, 20:35   Link #91
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Wasn't LN 6 bond to be out like next week or something? This isn't the type of series where we get early spoilers or something like that, sadly.
Because I don't like to read 2ch spoilers before reading the book. The fact we're getting Masuzu cover is good, but I wish the poses don't look so recycled. And strangely, there seems to be no limited edition this round.

Quote:
I was under the impression that he hated romance because of his parents, so I think they may need to make an appearance if he is ever going to come to terms with it.
Agreed.

The way I see it at this point in time:
0% Harem end
0.01% Himeka or Ai end
4.99% Chiwa end
25% Masuzu end
70% Open end, and the Shuraba days go on
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 21:41   Link #92
Used Can

Quote:
No. Basically he was in an argument that Masuzu was a dishonest person and a bunch of other bad things; and Eita stood up for her and started to argue back as in defending her... However the only positive trait that he could identify was her looks
I know why he did it, my point was that there was only positive thing about Masuzu and it was about her looks. I think if the only good thing you can say about the girl you like is that she has a pretty face, in my opinion, it's not really a good thing or you're simply attracted to her looks.

Quote:
but when it comes down right to it, in the whole story Eita is the character that has moved forward the less when it comes to emotional maturity
I don't think it's he lacks maturity, but he doesn't know when Masuzu is being serious about the things she does or not. So, even if he could have developed any, he probably has prevented himself for falling for her due to the fact he doesn't know when he'll be the butt of her jokes. Said jokes and antics are the reason why he cannot say anything positive about her, since Masuzu is too dishonest about herself, but well, we already know why since Mana explained that issue.

I don't think they'll be able to truly develop anything until Masuzu gets over her past issues, and starts being more honest about herself.
As for Eita, I don't think he needs his parents to return to mature emotionally. I think he's shown enough instances that he could develop an honest interest in Masuzu, if he wasn't so unsure about whether she's serious when she's acting lovely. So, I think he could actually start falling in love for a Masuzu who is more honest about herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The way I see it at this point in time:
0% Harem end
0.01% Himeka or Ai end
4.99% Chiwa end
25% Masuzu end
70% Open end, and the Shuraba days go on
Hoho... Those numbers surprise me, you know. I mean, coming from you I would have expected a Masuzu end being at 70% and an open ending at 25%. Or are you just playing safe with those numbers, and expecting the author to jump the shark at the end by giving the story an open end?

I'm saying this, because unless I'm missing information (and what I have is what I've got from what's been translated of the manga and what you've provided to us from the LN), the whole build-up of this manga, especially taking the events in volume 4 into account, seems to be leading the story toward a Masuzu end, or that's the impression I've got.
Old 2013-01-09, 05:04   Link #93
larethian

Well, I have to be conservative, especially after reading volume 5. My speculative figures may change as the story progresses. Since this is officially classified as harem love comedy, an open end (where no girl gets heartbroken) is quite possible. It really depends on the author (and how Eita sees the girls). Hopefully, volume 6 will make things even more clear. The only clear but sad thing is that Ai and Hime are both fillers.
Old 2013-01-09, 07:20   Link #94
sky black swordman

^ That is a sad thing. Poor Ai and Hime.
Curse the fact there may be no Harem end!!
Old 2013-01-09, 08:03   Link #95
NeutralZero

As long as it has a Masuzu end then its ok...
but it really is a sad thing for Ai and Hime...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 17:22   Link #96
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Since this is officially classified as harem love comedy, an open end (where no girl gets heartbroken) is quite possible.
I was wondering, because plenty of harems these days have straightforward ends.
Furthermore, following the spoilers up to this point, I wasn't seeing any other end than a Masuzu one. This is considering I haven't even read up much on Chiwa's side, who should be the runner-up. So, my guess was that if Chiwa wasn't getting much romantic development, and everything seemed like biased on Masuzu, then the ending was rather obvious at this point.

But, then again, I'm simply going by the spoilers you've posted. That's why I was a bit surprised by those numbers, since they didn't really match the impression I had developed after reading your spoilers. So, now I feel like I'm missing something, because even your previous impressions were pretty much that of a Masuzu end.

Personally, I'd take a Chiwa, Hime, Ai, or even a Kouru end out over nowhere, over a No-End. I've always found those endings as uncompromising, lukewarm and non-satisfactory at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
but it really is a sad thing for Ai and Hime...
Isn't Ai getting her own manga?
Old 2013-01-09, 20:26   Link #97
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I was wondering, because plenty of harems these days have straightforward ends.
Furthermore, following the spoilers up to this point, I wasn't seeing any other end than a Masuzu one. This is considering I haven't even read up much on Chiwa's side, who should be the runner-up. So, my guess was that if Chiwa wasn't getting much romantic development, and everything seemed like biased on Masuzu, then the ending was rather obvious at this point.

But, then again, I'm simply going by the spoilers you've posted. That's why I was a bit surprised by those numbers, since they didn't really match the impression I had developed after reading your spoilers. So, now I feel like I'm missing something, because even your previous impressions were pretty much that of a Masuzu end.

Personally, I'd take a Chiwa, Hime, Ai, or even a Kouru end out over nowhere, over a No-End. I've always found those endings as uncompromising, lukewarm and non-satisfactory at all.

Isn't Ai getting her own manga?
Well, ever since the author of Oreimo did something in the second half of the series, something which I could not expect after reading the first 5 volumes, I've learned to be more conservative in my expectations. And recently, I just finished Mayoi Neko, and even though everything was pointing to a Fumino (main girl) end, it was an open end which disappoint me to no end. I'm not sure which harem story has a straightforward end, as I personally don't read too many love comedies (note that I don't consider series like Toradora and Sakurasou as harem). So all these made me conservative

But it doesn't change the fact that Masuzu has more screentime, more focal point than anyone else, and more relationship development with Eita than any girl.
Old 2013-01-09, 20:53   Link #98
Used Can

Ah, I see, that's all I wanted to know.
Anyhow, any idea why Ai is getting a manga for her own? I thought Hime was the second most popular character.
Old 2013-01-09, 21:12   Link #99
sky black swordman

^ An Ai manga ?
Is tnis from the manga?
Old 2013-01-09, 22:53   Link #100
larethian

I'm not too sure of Ai's popularity in Japan, but her popularity in Taiwan appears to just trail behind Masuzu. Perhaps her ultra tsun-DERE moments were what propel that. Her antics and dishonesty in volume 3 was quite funny. Oh did I mention she had a 'fictictious boyfriend' somewhere? Another fine example of Ji-En-Otsu

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen