AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-01-26, 05:00   Link #1841
Vlad Tepes
Child Of Bodom

Send a message via MSN to Vlad Tepes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
. Please don't eat us.
I'll try to..restrain myself
Vlad Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-26, 10:30   Link #1842
Neohybrid_kai
Ikemasen, ojou-sama!

Send a message via Yahoo to Neohybrid_kai
hi, I'm neohybrid_kai (or kai for short since the neohybrid is kind like my alter-ego stuff hehe.. ^ ^)
I'm joining here cause it seems that people here like to have a deep talk abour drama anime, which is my fave genre ^_^
Old 2006-01-26, 15:27   Link #1843
AtmaWeapon

Talking yo

Yo, this is my 1st ever noob post here.

Current project: Mahoromatic manga(up to vol.4 now) and Neon genesis Evangelion (up to ep. 23 as of now). I like them both ALOT. Also watching Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, it's very well done.

This forum is huge and looks kewl, i look forward to many future posts.
AtmaWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-27, 23:44   Link #1844
All2See

Send a message via ICQ to All2See Send a message via MSN to All2See Send a message via Yahoo to All2See
~Salutations to All...May I introduce myself~

Knock Knock...a new member is in the House... Knock Knock...Hi Everyone...Hey I wanted to stop here first and introduce myself to my host, to all of his guest and to his/her fellow family members since I just got here...My name is ~All2See~, and may I say thank you for allowing me, an opprotunity to be a part of your family. Like yourselves...I am a warez lover...that' loves to Share -D-Warez from Warez -D Share...with this being said I want to wish each and everyone a wonderful and Joyous Happy New Year in 2006. Thank you very kindly for taking the time to hear me out and for allowing me the opprotunity to introduce myself today. Respectfully, ~All2See~
All2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 01:00   Link #1845
Kurapika L. Suki
11 is My Favorit Number

Send a message via AIM to Kurapika L. Suki Send a message via MSN to Kurapika L. Suki
Hello, I originally had a nice introduction to post but apparently I took too long to type it because when I hit send it said I wasn't logged in and I lost everything.

Oh well I will just try and remember the more important aspects of it.

A friend of mine posts here and invited me, but when I tried to join the forums were down and I never got around to doing it until now. I don't know what their screen name is though so I hope that they recognize me, if not I will be hanging around here anyway.

I appoligize in advance for the bad spelling and poor grammer my posts will contain, I am dislexic so I can't really read and write all that well, so if you have a low tollerance for spelling mistakes in posts please find it in your hearts to overlook my misstakes and don't flame me about it... I got that a lot in other forums I've been in...
Kurapika L. Suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 15:07   Link #1846
Alekleh

Well... I've got nothing to say about me... I'm just here... And, that's all...
Alekleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:28   Link #1847
Miguel Ayman

Location: I'm in Heaven with Nicol, Rusty, Rau, Tolle, Natarle, Flay, Aisha, Shani, Orga, and Clotho
Send a message via AIM to Miguel Ayman Send a message via MSN to Miguel Ayman
Hi

Hey I'am Miguel Ayman, And I AnimeSuke looks AMAZING!!! Glad I found it^^ Oh ya I'am a Gundam Fan, but I enjoy other series as well.
Miguel Ayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 19:46   Link #1848
Calca
Expressionless

I'm not new here. In fact I've been here forever, but hey, 93 pages of posts without me so I figured I might as well jump in now.

Better late than ever.

Also, to all the new people. Be careful of NoSanninWa. He'll drive away your self-confidence and then laugh at you afterwards.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:27   Link #1849
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Hi, I'm Alex one of the hosts for AnimePlus podcast show. Nice to meet ya.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 20:31   Link #1850
somenoobie

Smile returning anime fan

hi everyone this is my first post, so please let me introduce myself.

i've been a fan of anime for a long time but the only shows that i ever saw on tv were the long ongoing series like sailor moon & dragonballz & inuyasha. and even then the network would never show it straight and kept rewinding and reruns. the last series *i tried* to follow was samurai x but it was too long and seemed to go nowhere, so i went on an anime break for a couple years. I did get into FoolyCooly but it was more of a shock than appreciation

I was going through some rough times in the beginning of 2005, but was introduced to episode 3 of Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ and was instantly hooked. That series really cheered me up and I will always hold it high amongst other series. even though it was a happy anime, I was sad when it got to the last episodes because i felt like the emptiness would come back.
I got into Samurai Champloo in the midst of Mahoraba, and the action change of pace was nice. I sort of dreaded the series at first due to my Kenshin experience, but it turned out very well done. After finishing that series I came across Elfen Lied. Despite all the complaints i read about, to me it was unique since it had violence blended with a great story. I finished that series over a week. Ai Yori Aoshi was next and i watched its 2 series in 2 nights. haha by this time im sure im otaku.
i found my sweet tooth in anime seems to be drama tied with the "guy reunited girl from childhood" theme.

finally i'm watching Shuffle!. I got through the first half of the episodes rather slowly. but after picking up after that i've been rushing so bad because of the drama which seemingly erupted from that point! I started getting that "uh oh slow down dummy you wont find another good series after this" feeling again especially since i have 2 episodes left to see (and the waiting is driving me nuts!!!).

Thanks to this site I dont think i'll feel depressed when i'm finishing up a series!
special thanks to this thread and contributors: Best anime of 2005 http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26657
i already have a list of next viewings
Air, Peach Girl, Honey&Clover, Canvas2, Karin (maybe), SchoolRumble (maybe), some others

All this time i've been using websearches on the anime titles i watched and when i found a page with a reccomendation, i'd check it out. but not anymore!

Arigato wonderful folks of Animesuki!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-01-31 at 03:15. Reason: Threads merged. Welcome to AnimeSuki, but next time please look for a good place to post before you create your own thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
somenoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 02:06   Link #1851
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

I was in a similar situation, although it was probably more extreme. I'm in my forties, and I used to watch Astroboy with my mother when I was four or so. Afterwards, I watched any anime that popped up on American TV. Eight Man, Kimba, Marine Boy, Speed Racer. Then I stopped. I started watching again in the late Eighties to the late Nineties. KOR, Maison Ikkoku, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kodomo no Omocha, etc. I was very, very involved with the campaign to get KOR released on laser disk in the US. Around 1997, I kicked the habit, and fell off the wagon last year. I've been playing catch-up ever since.

Try Fate/stay Night. Many of the Shuffle-heads (myself included) took that route. It's a more serious anime, although there are plenty of cute girls, and a very active forum.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 04:59   Link #1852
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, guess I'll just introduce myself, too. While I am relatively new, joined a month or two before the wipe, I was particularly notorious in the Shuffle subforum

So anyway, my nick here is npal (N.P.A.L.), which is composed of initials for both my name and my alias. I got my diploma in psychology and plan on starting a masters this September.

I've been watching anime all my life. Some old titles I watched when I was little were Astroboy, Grendizer, Getter Robo, Mazinger, Ninja Boy, Candy Candy (yes I've watched that, too, the whole thing, it's THE anime soap opera ), Chojin Locke (known as Locke the Superman), as well as others whose titles I don't remember right now. More recently, I watched DB, DBZ, DBGT, Pokemon, Yugioh (yes yes, I know, guilty as charged, I've seen them all, and Yugioh's still playing ), Trigun, Love Hina, Chobits, Star Ocean EX, the memorable all-times favorite Card Captor Sakura, Record of Lodoss War OVA and the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight, Knight Hunters, Getter Robo Armageddon OVA, Twelve Kingdoms, Kanon, Kokoro Library, Shuffle!, Suzuka, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic (all seasons), Spirited Away, Zettai Shounen, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (both seasons), Battle Athletes, Tsubasa Chronicles, Futakoi, Futakoi Alternative, and you and I are both tired so I'll just skip the rest of the staff, but you get the point

Currently watching Maburaho (yes I know, a bit late but whatever ), Bleach, Canvas 2, Karin, Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan No Shana, and am planning to watch the whole To Heart series, as well as Mai Otome and Mai Hime. And I think that's all. From all those, the anime I consider the best are detailed in the "List your top 5 best anime!" thread

So, nice to meet you, you'll be hearing from me, they all do

Edit: I'm a Kaede/Rukia/Tessa/Shinobu/Shana/Saber/Kokoro/Honoka/Sakura (CCS-Tsubasa)/Nanoha/Chii/Sara-Soujyu/Elis/Esther Blanchett fan, as well as a Hideki/Shirou/Vash/Nozomu/Rentarou/Ayumu/Yuuichi/Abel Nightroad fan

And the list is growing

Last edited by npal; 2006-01-31 at 05:33.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 16:54   Link #1853
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Hi , as you might have already guessed, I am new to this forum!
I am nice and friendly ... almost 100% huggable!
Things I like: anime , animesuki forum (I am new here but I already like this place), cute neko-girls AND Guilty Gear game.
Currently watching (and enjoying of course ) Bleach, Black Cat, Mai Otome and Fate\Stay Night .
And yes, Nice to meet you!
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 01:39   Link #1854
Aleks
DeltaAnimeSubs Co-Founder

Send a message via MSN to Aleks
hello....not much to say about me other than i am Co-Founder of DeltaAnime Subs.... Currently i am programming my own MMORPG, developping a new gaming network and uhhhhh, helping in subbing KashiMashi ^^
Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 02:19   Link #1855
SinZOfAllSinZ
What Is Your Sin?

HELLO! I am the Sin of Sins nice to meet you all,and just wanted to introduce myself.And thats it and i am from USA.
SinZOfAllSinZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 04:39   Link #1856
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Welcome to you. It's always nice to have fresh blood on the board. I hope that you all have a good time here, but remember our board is for discussion, not randomness. There are other anime forums where random babbling is encouraged. Here it will just get your posts deleted.

On the other hand, if you want to find a place where you can actually find people who post messages worth reading, then I hope we can live up to that expectation. Some of the time.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 20:31   Link #1857
wake
; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Welcome to you. It's always nice to have fresh blood on the board. I hope that you all have a good time here, but remember our board is for discussion, not randomness. There are other anime forums where random babbling is encouraged. Here it will just get your posts deleted.

On the other hand, if you want to find a place where you can actually find people who post messages worth reading, then I hope we can live up to that expectation. Some of the time.
Hi i'm new to the boards, I was looking for an anime/asian music forum and this was the first one I came across. And it sounds like this place is well taken care of, i'm not a big fan of boards that allow spam and all that other junk
wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 21:46   Link #1858
Cam~Kun
Flame Haze

Send a message via AIM to Cam~Kun Send a message via MSN to Cam~Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Cam~Kun
Omg Newb

Hello everyone, I'm new to AnimeSuki, but it doesn't look very hard to get around here. I do wish they had a forum for Shakugan no Shana though Anyways, welcome to me, weeee.

(and yes, i do make my own gifs for my avy and sig before anyone asks)
Cam~Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 22:02   Link #1859
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam~Kun
(and yes, i do make my own gifs for my avy and sig before anyone asks)
Welcome Cam~Kun. FYI...your signature image was just a shade over our limit. It looked nice, but since you might be making more for people here or yourself, you might want to read our signature size limits. 50,000 bytes is the largest your Signature image can be. Your last one was 1,399,184 bytes.

Hope that helps. Cheers.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 07:52   Link #1860
Chichi

I am relatively new to this Internet Forum. For reasons even beyond me, I am named Darkhorse.

Edit: I found the website through a local magazine attached to a newsletter via metro.

Last edited by Chichi; 2006-02-03 at 08:22.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members