AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-17, 10:13   Link #261
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
Let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one, because this topic is surely to be answered on the following episodes (Finale I think).

I agree with you that Yuki is capable of emotions (since Asakura is also capable IMO), but has little interface to show it. As Kyon said in Ep7, she might be getting lonely too, which I think she does.

(Also joins the Nagato Yuki fanclub. Yuki-ism anyone?)
I'm not getting ahead of myself, but watching the episodes again, with all of my attention devoted to Yuki and taking note of any reactions that she shows, makes me see how her interaction with Kyon changes.

Also, though it's been noted before in the Episode 9 discussion thread, what surprises me was how Yuki just stops reading when Kyon was present. As iamandragon pointed out, Yuki was flipping the pages until Kyon got in the room, during which she suddenly stopped reading.

There could be others more but I'd rather leave it to people to find it themselves - makes it more rewarding that way! Just that the above scene is pretty damning in my eyes.
Old 2006-06-17, 11:33   Link #262
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Then again, every single member goes to Kyon for advice and whatnot... even Mikuru wants him there for several mission-critical objectives. Koizumi does more or less confide in him quite a bit about the state of being which... if told to the others might not work so well to his interest.

Kyon is person on the most solid footing comparing to any one of them. Furthermore, he cares genuinely and at times will call it when things are going too far regardless of who the individual is. It isn't just to how critical he is as an element to all of their mission but the fact that his solid footing means that he can steer far better than anyone else in the storm.

The other element though... it is clear that all of them like him. That I won't really comment.
The way I see it, Kyon's the only one that Yuki, Mikuru, and Itsuki can trust.

Each of the three have their own agenda, and if ordered to by their superiors, would go against/use the others to achieve their objectives.

Kyon's the only one that does not belong to a faction sent to observe Haruhi, and the only one that can actually influence her. In other words, he is neutral in all of this, and can be trusted. On the other hand, since he is the only one that can influence Haruhi, he is the ace in the deck.
Old 2006-06-17, 11:39   Link #263
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Actually Kyon is the only person the entire SOS-dan including/especially Haruhi, trusts.

Also somehow there's a phenomenon happening where Itsuki's name is changing to Izumi, the other person edited though
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-17, 11:42   Link #264
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I keep mistaking Itsuki's name for Izumi for some reason.

Happens every single time I write his name in threads.
Old 2006-06-18, 09:16   Link #265
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

DoS II Flash game:
http://void.heteml.jp/flash/tdos3/
Old 2006-06-18, 14:09   Link #266
Jaden

Hehe, this episode was just pure awesome!
Feel like playing something with cool space battles now...got Homeworld and Freelancer gathering dust somewhere at least. Or maybe I should pick up EVE Online again.
Old 2006-06-18, 16:11   Link #267
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden
Hehe, this episode was just pure awesome!
Feel like playing something with cool space battles now...got Homeworld and Freelancer gathering dust somewhere at least. Or maybe I should pick up EVE Online again.
Check previous page for a list of freeware\shareware DoS-like games ^^
Old 2006-06-20, 12:46   Link #268
aodu
<>!SOS団!<>

Send a message via MSN to aodu
wasn't this game 4:5 (first one being suzumiya's side cuz mikuru is..well..) to begin with?

oh and can anybody plz tell me the time line? i tried to watch each ep's ending but it just got too confusing. The next ep (12) seem to be the only review that didin't lie ==
Old 2006-06-20, 16:29   Link #269
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by aodu
wasn't this game 4:5 (first one being suzumiya's side cuz mikuru is..well..) to begin with?

oh and can anybody plz tell me the time line? i tried to watch each ep's ending but it just got too confusing. The next ep (12) seem to be the only review that didin't lie ==
The episode previews don't lie, Kyon's numbering of the episodes is the order of the airing episodes whereas Haruhi's numbering of the episodes is the chronological ordering. Basically to watch the series in chronological order, we'll need to wait for the series to finish first since it is known that the last 2 episodes are, by Haruhi's count, episodes 5 and 6.

Also it's been circulating around at numerous places but:
http://www.designchronicle.com/memen...hitimeline.gif
It's the listed timeline of the show taken from Memento
Old 2006-06-20, 23:51   Link #270
Animexcel

I like how the music of the game turns from blips from the computer to the orchestrated in the fantasy world lol it's such a weird melody xD but it works!
Old 2006-06-24, 03:57   Link #271
SWPIGWANG

Revelation! Appearently Nagato's program on like one screen has been reseached:

http://blog.proj.jp/ituki/20060615.html#f01

to echo the chinese source i found this from: does kyo-anime draw inside a time-warp zone?
Old 2006-07-04, 18:37   Link #272
mog08

sorry i managed to read 10 pages but not all.

Kyon's fleet.

i don't think this episode lacks plot at all. the whole show is not about suzumiya rather Kyon or so i believe. i gave it 10.

Yuki's a data lifeform. i find it hard to like her for that reason. she doesn't look particularly a female. probably won't sleep with men ever. probably don't have reproduction organs either.
Old 2006-07-05, 00:51   Link #273
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog08

Yuki's a data lifeform. i find it hard to like her for that reason. she doesn't look particularly a female. probably won't sleep with men ever. probably don't have reproduction organs either.
And that's the reason you don't like Yuki??
Old 2006-07-05, 02:06   Link #274
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog08
sorry i managed to read 10 pages but not all.

Not making it out of the paper bag there
1) Yuki's body is very human ... its just that its been created and maintained by a data entity who can manipulate matter and energy.
2) She's a very classic female of the waifish type (they tend to age much better than the bloated ones, eh?)
3) If you watch the series... you'll see that the longer she's here and interacts with people, the more social she gets. By the last episode, she's implicitly stating she likes Kyon personally.
4) See remark (1) ... there's no reason for a data entity not to just make a complete human to interface through.... it'd be easier than leaving parts out.
Old 2006-07-05, 13:50   Link #275
mog08

i'm not saying i don't like yuki. i was suggesting that yuki is not human. and does not have personalities, nor interest, desires, or goals. Though i wondered what food she bought that one time. she is only here because suzumiya wished it. she's not meant to be liked. Nonetheless she's the most interesting "person" besides haruhi.

and yes i did have a hard time thinking whether she is female or male though it did not matter much. her breasts are small btw.

sorry if what i said doesn't make sense because i m watching Hikaru no go while writing it.
Old 2007-03-16, 19:46   Link #276
Kittie Rose

What was with the "I'm sending out the GUN*CENSORED*"? I presumed it was Gundam, making fun of some of the overpowered ones especially in Wing and SEED that tend to be Deus Ex Machina of sorts.
Closed Thread