AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-26, 18:22   Link #41
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Kenji Kamiyama directing and Kenji Kawai doing the music?

...... somebody hold me XD i m trembling with excitement.
Too bad Origa isnt in it. Her singing in Fantastic Children's ED is hauntingly beautiful. Or Yoko Kanno.

Hopefully the story will be good, i always love anime with a strong female lead character ^^
Old 2007-03-01, 01:11   Link #42
Joojoobees

Yeah, I'm hopeful that this one will have a really strong story. I really liked the action in the scene with the bridge, too.
Old 2007-03-02, 13:00   Link #43
prince leon
red knight

I honestly can't wait for this to air. I've been excited about it ever since it was first announced. ^^
Old 2007-03-11, 09:31   Link #44
wao
OK.

Oh lovely, you can see the characters more clearly on the front page of the updated web page: http://moribito.com/

There is also a wallpaper featuring that image available for download.

Well, well, I must say that apart from SAYA WITH HA- I mean, Barsa, Tanda is looking quite fine indeed. That short sequence from the pilot film where Barsa's wielding her weapon and Tanda's sort of blocking it or looking at her or something is still stuck in my mind.

From the picture, the other ii otoko would be the guy on the top right, Jiguro - who appears to have a "deep relationship with Barsa" (and I stress, NOT of the romantic type - I don't know how to translate 深い関係 into English without having that unintended implication.)
I have a feeling Barsa is a lot younger than him, seeing that she's the daughter of Jiguro's friend in his hometown.
Shuga (must not call him Sugar, must not call him Sugar) is also giving off very intelligent-bishie vibes.

Though technically, I have a feeling Barsa shouldn't be so well-endowed... I always thought fit people had less fat on them even in that area, but who am I kidding - this is anime!

Also, it seems like a lot of the Japanese fans are largely not too happy about Laruku doing the OP... I sort of agree, I was hoping more along the lines of an instrumental OP ala Twelve Kingdoms...
Old 2007-03-11, 10:34   Link #45
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
This is Production I.G and they don't ever plan on the show selling itself.

It's always promotionpromotionpromotion for them and it certainly fits with L'Arc doing the music.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 12:22   Link #46
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe the OP be a ballad. I liked the song Hyde did for Blood+.
Old 2007-03-11, 16:03   Link #47
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Very pretty wallpaper. Ratboy spoils it though
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Though technically, I have a feeling Barsa shouldn't be so well-endowed... I always thought fit people had less fat on them even in that area, but who am I kidding - this is anime!...
I'm sure she's got curves for eye-candy but it's not unheard of for fit woman to keep a healthy bust, especially those that have a fair degree of muscular development. I guess I'd call Barsa's figure womanly, considering the age of her character. Though I do think her face makes her look a lot younger than 30, but then anime character ages are hit and miss. Plus looking like Saya really doesn't help in this matter. I do think she's pretty hawt though.

Gosh less than a month now (just), until the first episode airs...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 18:03   Link #48
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Fit women can have ample breast. It really depends on what kinda exercise/sport they do.

Barsa reminds me of Motoko Kusanagi more than Saya actually. She looks like someone who can handle herself and kick the enemies butt without 2nd thoughts.
Old 2007-03-16, 00:08   Link #49
Iwanihana

Here is a scan from the April issue of Animage.

Lovely picture of Barusa. I even made a banner of it.
Iwanihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 15:18   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanihana View Post
Here is a scan from the April issue of Animage.

Lovely picture of Barusa. I even made a banner of it.
Fantastic picture, thanks for posting. Barsa/Barusa looks really muscular there. You just don't see that even in fit female leads - designers tend to steer away from muscles and stick to soft curves. But here we have Barsa will her bulging biceps. I like it.

I read on ANS they'll be a bilingual press conference for Moribito at the 2007 Tokyo Anime Fair (March 22 - 25). This might be a sign that Production I.G could be courting licensors at the Fair (or have already secured licensing rights for Moribito). That's pure speculation though.
Old 2007-03-18, 16:04   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

Nice scan. Barusa really does give me the Motoko vibes from that pic. 2nd GIG also has Motoko babysitting some kid for a while, come to think of it. The picture also reminds me of Elle from Shadow Skill when it comes to the "muscular oneesan kicking ass" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Also, it seems like a lot of the Japanese fans are largely not too happy about Laruku doing the OP... I sort of agree, I was hoping more along the lines of an instrumental OP ala Twelve Kingdoms...
I agree. Personally, an instrumental OP seems to suit the story more, but I still might like the final result anyway.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 16:56   Link #52
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Hold the phone...just found this on Youtube, it's 39s or so of action from Moribito. I haven't seen this before and well what can I say except holy heck, it looks like Production I.G is ramping up the quality to stupid levels. It's quite quite stunning ~ the detail, the ferocity of the action, the thunderous score and the bone crunching sound effects (and Barusa's grunts). Wow. We also hear Barusa speak properly for the first time - Mabuki Andou's throaty masculine voice sounds perfect for the role ~ what great casting. I think that's her in the video gasping at the animation. Oh my are we in for a treat

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-03-18 at 17:47.
Old 2007-03-18, 17:15   Link #53
kujoe
from head to heel

Pretty amazing! Thanks for the heads up!

For something worth thirty seconds or so, it just practically sold the whole series to me. Oh yeah, Barusa definitely gets the "kick ass oneesan" part perfectly. More of this please!
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 18:51   Link #54
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Nice. Although, it seems like the same fight from the other trailers, so this could still be for PR purposes. No telling if most of the show would be taken care of the same way.

BTW, I believe the female voice-over is from the author of Seirei no Moribito books, Shihoko Uehashi.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 19:22   Link #55
7Th
Mixtape

Found that the other day, looks fairly good and much better than the trailer, not the pilot short video, in terms of showing-off motions and animations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Nice. Although, it seems like the same fight from the other trailers, so this could still be for PR purposes. No telling if most of the show would be taken care of the same way.
Although with IG that seems to be the case for all of their television series' promos I'm naive and still have faith. So foolish, I know.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 19:37   Link #56
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The picture also reminds me of Elle from Shadow Skill when it comes to the "muscular oneesan kicking ass" part.
Yeah. Heh, I loved that series and one of my favorite characters, Elle was great, she kicked so much ass in the Shadow Skill animes.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 13:50   Link #57
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Hold the phone...just found this on Youtube, it's 39s or so of action from Moribito.
An awesome fight scene. I was already looking forward to this show, but this clip managed to take the expectation up yet another notch!
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 19:37   Link #58
kauldron26
Med Student

ZOMG i just saw the action clip on youtube... im having very very very high hopes for this anime
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 14:50   Link #59
Glitch87

Any word on whos going to be subbing this?
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 16:48   Link #60
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87 View Post
Any word on whos going to be subbing this?
It's not even out yet...
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.