AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-03, 15:06   Link #721
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

You know... where's Takenaka in all this? Shouldn't he be on the warpath once he finds out Hina spends more time with Subaru? XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Hands up who else wants to watch her Slam-Dunk? (With accompanied bounce, of course )
You mean watch her put up the jam? Yeah I'd like to, but something tells me I won't see some bounce...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I rather liked how Kage seems to think that it's her fault that Hina's stayed small.
And yet Hina's hair grew to exorbitant levels

Quote:
Don't know if I was seeing things, but it looked like Hina was squeezing that gecko much too hard. "If you don't want to save on car insurance, you could have just...erk:chokes:"
Yeah that last part, when the gecko was grasping for dear life Now let's see her kiss it...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 16:01   Link #722
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Takenaka got cut out in the process of condensing the material.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 20:04   Link #723
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

This episode has been the height of absurdity. For example, by what authority the degenerate aunt says lolicon to Subaru when she was the only who involved him in this. Absolutely drop.
Old 2011-09-04, 06:24   Link #724
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
This episode has been the height of absurdity. For example, by what authority the degenerate aunt says lolicon to Subaru when she was the only who involved him in this. Absolutely drop.
You make it sound like it's unexpected and unrealistic. Frankly, it's pretty much given that if a guy ends up in an awkward position with a girl, either that girl or someone close to her will declare him to be a pervert, no matter how unintentional it was. And this is true of real life too. A girl stupidly does something that results in her flashing a guy, giving him a very clear view, and the guy who just happened to be there is declared a pervert. A girl tries to legitimately seduce a guy, and other girls who see will accuse the guy of wrongdoing. It happens, no matter how much the ones making the accusations are actually responsible.

Yes, it's truly absurd, but it's an absurdity that reflects the more absurd aspects of reality. It would actually be kind of weird if she didn't do anything. Also, she might have had reasons for doing this other than actual suspicion. Tomoka would be dreadfully embarrassed by the situation, even more so because it happened in front of so many witnesses, and declaring Subaru the bad guy might have partly been an attempt to make things easier on her.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 23:07   Link #725
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Did feel like the episode got carried away with the cliche of a guy getting into a tricky situation by no fault of his own and then getting hit for it. I mean seriously if the Aunt is going to attack anyone it should be her coworker who eventually is going to commit a crime. Not that I don't think Subaru is turning into a lolicon, but he completely wasn't in the wrong this time around.
Old 2011-09-04, 23:47   Link #726
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosius View Post
What surprises me is that you exactly gotten nine episodes in before you realized what kind of show this is
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 00:54   Link #727
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Congrats Miho, you dropped to a new low for me.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 11:22   Link #728
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I love how people are seriously discussing social values and whatnot over what's plainly simple teasing.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 15:09   Link #729
Dop
Mmmm....

That would almost have been heartwarming, apart from the 'wardrobe malfunctions' and the tentacles. Still, Tako-san got what was coming to him...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 23:34   Link #730
dark998

Three episodes in a row featuring swimusuits? That's a new record
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 05:43   Link #731
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

at least.... I can see lots of Hinata in this episodes..... Onii~chaannn....
although I miss Basketball competition
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 08:46   Link #732
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Let us hope the truncated and fan-service-upped First Season is a ploy to boost DVD and Blu ray sells to justify a souped-up, higher budgeted second season with 24 Episodes....

Hey, it worked with beloved old K-On!! With a bit of lucky we just might see Ro-kyu-Bu The Movie in a year or two as well!! (If Strike Witches could do it, why not us?)
Old 2011-09-06, 09:20   Link #733
tsunade666

lack of material for Ro Kyu bu. They even squeezed 1 volume in one episode last time <.<
Old 2011-09-06, 09:22   Link #734
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Well, that's why you wait for at least 180 days between seasons these days.

Speaking of which, how many novels are we into right now, in terms of story currently? They have 7 Translated Volumes on release in Taiwan right now.
Old 2011-09-06, 11:26   Link #735
tsunade666

I'm not sure. I only have 7 books in japanese raw. But maybe more than 7.

They are currently at vol 5 and skip some in vol 4 which is where more Aoi is. They choose more the loli elem. girls than the childhood friend.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:49   Link #736
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
at least.... I can see lots of Hinata in this episodes..... Onii~chaannn....
although I miss Basketball competition
Yeah, I missed the basketball stuff. Now I ran out of b-ball playbooks to analyze.

The only playbook I have seen Subaru used so far is the 4-1 offense, and that's only my wild guess since the girls' exact positions on the hardwood (not their player positions, they have been specified earlier) were not exactly specified, and Subaru had Maho and Saki do jump shots and Airi challenge Tomoka's shots (as part of Tomoka's Attack the Basket training routine).

However, given that three of the girls (Maho, Saki, and Hinata) will specialize in perimeter shooting unless Subaru gives them a new training regimen for each of them, the 4-1 offense pretty much makes sense as their playbook.

Under the 4-1 offense, four players will stay outside the paint while the odd man out (usually the Big Man Center) covers the post area. If the defending team tries to contain the best offensive player either by double teams or zones, since there would always be at least one man open.

The open man could either slash their way through less defenders to the cup against double teams, or settle for the wide-open perimeter shot against zone defenses. Should a perimeter shot miss, the Big Man Center can take advantage of his/her superior size and strength to score off the miss or give the offensive team another 24.

So the best way to contain the 4-1 offense IMO is if the defense sticks to man-to-man, or if they are quick enough to go back to the open man off the double team.

The Dallas Mavericks used something similar to this whenever they go really small, with Dirk as the Center, Kidd as the PG, Barea as the SG, Stevenson as the SF, and Terry as the PF.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-09-06 at 23:00.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 15:50   Link #737
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

From Ogura Yui's blog today, Yui (left, Hinata) and Iguchi Yuka (Maho) during taping of the Shoot! video:

Yui thanked people for their support at the Ro-kyu-bu concert over the weekend. She said that today she was doing recording and interviews/photos as part of YuiKaori, and that all the talking was fun. And she thanked people for buying her Kamisama no Memo-chou Alice character song CD, which comes out officially today.

Her Ro-kyu-bu charasong CD comes out next week. Hikasa Youko's charasong CD came out this week, and is sitting at #26 on its first day. Iguchi Yuka's came out last week, and was #32 for the week. Hanazawa Kana's came out the week before, and was #45 for the week.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-09-07 at 16:53.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 18:49   Link #738
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Concert? For a 12 Episode Anime?
Just like beloved old K-On! ??
Whoa-Ho-Ho the popularity of the franchise has hit the Tokyo Anime-Fandom hard...

Here's to Season 2 when a few more novels for materials comes out!!

(And yes, as a now incurable fan of Hanazawa Kanna's gentle, adorable yet charming voice, Second Season of Infinite Stratos and Ore Imou as well too, please!! )
Old 2011-09-07, 19:51   Link #739
judasmartel
*Author

Well, yeah, K-On meets basketball, I see.

Come Season 2, if they cut down on Fanservice, I could get more strategies and plays to analyze.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 17:06   Link #740
rladls716

What do you guys think of the result of the favorite character votes in this forum later on?

For now, I just want to predict the placing 1st to 5th

I'm betting the main five girls.

Here's my vote result prediction:
1st place: Hinata
2nd place: Tomoka
3rd place: Airi
4th place: Maho
last place: Saki

I predicted this kind of result without having any second thoughts.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli