AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2021-09-25, 07:32   Link #1
B214

Muv-Luv Alternative Anime Episode Discussion Thread (S2-Fall ‘22)

So the first episode is an original story on the fall of Sadogashima. Interesting.

https://muv-luv-alternative-anime.co...php?id=1094546
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 17:59   Link #2
Alchemist007
*Author

Well there's episode 1, like a Blue Gender origins story, and then the awakening.
Old 2021-10-06, 19:07   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wait, weren't the pilot suits transparent in the game? Like, you could see their skin through it? Bruh.
Bruh.

...Bruh.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-06, 19:28   Link #4
Alchemist007
*Author

Well the gore seemed toned down from the few images of the VN I've seen. Wonder if we'll see censors or if it'll just be like this.
Old 2021-10-06, 19:40   Link #5
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler:

Bruh.

...Bruh.
Spoiler:
Old 2021-10-06, 20:43   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I don't think whether their pilot suits show skin or not is considered a spoiler
I'm talking about if those were censored or not.

Unless there really is a reason for that that is important, in which case the only one spoiling is you, because I haven't played the game and heck know nothing about the plot and sure couldn't spoil anything even if I wanted.

Spoiler for ep1 thoughts (since no separate episode thread is up yet):

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-10-07, 06:11   Link #7
Friday
Im shy too...

so is this the thread for our new fix of M-L Alt?
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 07:11   Link #8
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder how many people are going to compare this episode to Attack on Titan

There was actually more gore than I thought there'd be, but it was humans on BETA rather than the other way around.
Old 2021-10-07, 07:23   Link #9
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I'm talking about if those were censored or not.
There's a wide variety of different suits in the Muv Luv universe, not all of them are see-through as anyone who has watched Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken would certainly know.

The first episode of this anime details an event not featured in the VN, so you can't really make a comparison between their suits in the anime and their suits in the VN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

There was actually more gore than I thought there'd be, but it was humans on BETA rather than the other way around.
Well it is well known that Isayama was inspired by Muv Luv for his Attack on Titan, so the similarities shouldn't be surprising.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 07:46   Link #10
ryllharu

Are we looking at an alternative take on Alternative? So new viewers can get a feel for the series without entirely spoiling the main narrative of the VNs?

I haven't played through them yet, but I want to.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 08:38   Link #11
MCAL

It should be noted that this episode was entirely anime original.
MCAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 09:39   Link #12
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There's a wide variety of different suits in the Muv Luv universe, not all of them are see-through as anyone who has watched Total Eclipse or Schwarzesmarken would certainly know.

The first episode of this anime details an event not featured in the VN, so you can't really make a comparison between their suits in the anime and their suits in the VN.
Eh, not really. Muv-Luv Alt is an eroge while the other two are not, so I wouldn't be surprised if the other two toned it down compared to Alt for that reason alone.

But apparently the game players are saying there are different suits, so uhh, sure? I've seen the other two anime (TE is forgettable, Schwar has a good imouto and that's about it), but pretty sure they never went into so much detail on that that I'd remember. But I guess we will get all kinds of suits with different levels of transparency in future episodes?
That actually sounds kinda funny, but as long as I get those transparent ones I see in the game OP. ...Hopefully? Come on, you didn't censor the gore, so you can't chicken out of skin seen through transparent fabric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No no no, I'm waiting for the "This anime is copying Attack on Titan" crowd.

Old 2021-10-07, 11:17   Link #13
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Huh, I surprisingly like episode 1 enough. But I think this is a weaker first episode compared to Kyoukai Senki in terms of art & scene direction I guess. Characters are introduced more haphazardly and some character shots are either pretty static or not from more exciting angles. But I will give them kudos for more action, gore & deaths for a first episode.

That said, I wonder why is it so difficult for the anime industry to adapt Muv-Luv properly from the beginning of the story. As per what I heard from fans, neither Total Eclipse, Schwars-whatever nor this anime are the proper starts. I mean, F/SN had two anime shows before branching out to other spin-offs.
Old 2021-10-07, 13:41   Link #14
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I personally don't see the issue with starting from Alternative.

I am of the idea that Unlimited and Alternative should have really been one single game, after all Unlimited has all the routes except one and Alternative has the remaining route and only focuses on that one. But since it was hard to create a whole game with just one route they padded it with an infinite amount flashbacks of Unlimited and inserted a lot of characters from other Age games.

So basically you can play Alternative without having played Unlimited and you would still know everything that you missed because the VN makes damn sure to expose all the relevant parts, to the point that I, as someone who played Unlimited and Alternative one after the other, found all those flashbacks extremely tedious and annoying.

So basically Alternative isn't a sequel of Unlimited at all, they both start from the same point, but Alternative skips some parts and jumps to its own route.

But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this anime will actually include several parts from Unlimited, mixing up the two as it should have been from the beginning, and they simply called it Alternative because it's the more famous of the two. It would certainly make more sense than showing flashbacks over flashbacks.

Thus the only real problem is the absence of Muv Luv Extra, but it's really a completely different type of story, and to be honest it's a pretty mediocre story with some atrocious routes and if they animated it, it would only cause people to drop the series and miss the actual gem.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-07, 14:12   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If they wanted to animate from the very start, all they would really need to do is animate Muv-Luv. However, from the knowledge I have about Muv-Luv, in order to do that, there is an Extra chapter and then an Unlimited chapter afterwards, meaning the anime would need 2-cour.

But this is the anime industry here we are talking about. Sure, they can tell two of the best animation studios to work together to advertise gacha games. They can create 5 or more throwaway Narou anime.
But noooo hoho no, spending 2-cour on a visual novel is a waste of money.
...Yeah... *shrug*

Old 2021-10-07, 23:59   Link #16
B214

I just realized they revealed Sayoko's age.
Old 2021-10-10, 16:49   Link #17
dmaxzero

... I dont know if I want to suffer more PTSD. The game was enough.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-10, 20:46   Link #18
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
... I dont know if I want to suffer more PTSD. The game was enough.
Why not? You might feel different this time. XD.

Oh yeah, just sharing
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2021-10-13, 16:58   Link #19
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2021-10-13, 17:33   Link #20
Alchemist007
*Author

Wasn't expecting that ED.