AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-02, 13:01   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Considering I never really cared much about Lightning in the first two games this Lightning only thing may push me back on getting this game right away. Don't like the negative trend we're getting in terms of party members decreasing dramatically. First one had a solid roster, then it was just 2 characters + a monster, and now just Lightning.

Plus what does the set hundreds years after FFXIII-2 mean anyways? That game took place over so many timelines you could place this new game anywhere and it'd be hundreds of years before or after something .

So I'm mixed on this. Suppose trying something different is needed if SE is going to avoid falling apart. For whatever reason not super hyped, but will wait and see.
Old 2012-09-02, 16:44   Link #42
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
True enough, they didn't care at all when they re-released FF7. They could have at least made it better but they didn't even try. Just a shoddy job done, it's like they're clueless over all that has happened since FF7 was released.

Than their "complete" edition that's overpriced and the games have no improvements and can only work on certain systems. The least they could have done was make it all workable on the PS3 at least. Especially since all the games can be obtained for far cheaper than what they're offering.

Square has fallen far...

Lightning was supposed to be their Cloud but somehow they dropped the ball on that. She's better than her sister but it seems too late to try and patch this up.
While I agree the SE certainly has it problems, I don't think FFVII's shoddy port is proof of anything. It's not the first time the company has made pretty crappy ports especially for FFVII. Remember the terrible FFIV, VI and CT re-releases they did during the PSX era? That said, it doesn't mean all of their ports are that bad. FFI, II and FFIV Complete are excellent. FFV Advance, FFIII and IV DS are great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think they should just start over with FFXV. FXIII has been a wash, I don't know why they're pouring so many sequels into a game that was not exactly well liked.

Square Enix is basically creatively bankrupt. They make more sequels and spin-offs now then proper original games.
But they have released lots original games this gen, perhaps moreso than did during the PS2 era. Hell TWENTY alone is probably the most innovate RPG to come out in decades.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 23:10   Link #43
Destined_Fate

It's because they're great that it makes the FF7 re-release even more baffling. They didn't even try and instead hoped that devoted fans would just buy the game again for an easy cash grab. Had they put in a little effort than this wouldn't be an issue. Just re-releasing it after people can already get the old version from multiple sources is just a blatant and cruel cash grab.

Seeing as this if FF7 I expected them to care a bit more than just that.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:30   Link #44
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/lightning...led-in-famitsu
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:46   Link #45
Destined_Fate

Square seems to be wanting to step up Lightning x Hope after all, due to the stop aging them it longer matters that Lightning was older and treated Hope as a little brother. Personally I find that kinda strange but it's Japan so I've come to expect things like this.
Old 2012-09-05, 07:49   Link #46
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Lightning will become more lovely.

Couldnt help but laugh at that part.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:44   Link #47
Destined_Fate

Eh? Lightning wasn't already lovely? I hope this doesn't mean they're gonna throw her in a ballroom dress later, I doubt the fans would accept her not being a badass that wears the pants/shorts.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:49   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Eh? Lightning wasn't already lovely? I hope this doesn't mean they're gonna throw her in a ballroom dress later, I doubt the fans would accept her not being a badass that wears the pants/shorts.
I'm not worried about Lightnings visuals, just hope she develops into an interesting enough character to make it worth playing. Only using Lightning really does put even more pressure for her to carry this game.
Old 2012-09-05, 08:50   Link #49
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Square seems to be wanting to step up Lightning x Hope after all, due to the stop aging them it longer matters that Lightning was older and treated Hope as a little brother. Personally I find that kinda strange but it's Japan so I've come to expect things like this.
*cough*
It's nice to see another shippers here--- oh wait, did you ship them too?

Quote:
Because Lightning is the sole party member, players can have greater concentration in battle.
Lightning can move freely in battle. But there is also some sort of time influence.
Oh I really hope so It's not like I ever changed party member back in XIII-2 either so I was basically only used one characters throughout the whole game. But I do hope that there will supporting members while fighting monsters (like what KH did or something).

Quote:
It will not take several dozens of hours to clear a single playthrough.
I hope the story isn't that short.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:57   Link #50
Xagzan

Quote:
I'm not sure how you get that just from "Hope will provide Lightning directions via a communications device." Doesn't sound particularly shippy to me.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 14:24   Link #51
Destined_Fate

No, I don't ship Lightning with anyone. She needs no man to hold her back.

There's no one else and they specifically mentioned Hope after Lightning is set to get her happy ending. It's pretty obvious what they were alluding to and if it doesn't happen than those that ship that pairing, despite the implications, are going to riot. Shippers, after all, tend to be most vocal and most profitable if lead on correctly.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:44   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Better translation and wording:
http://andriasang.com/con2l3/lightning_returns_details/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:48   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm sayin this purely out of the joke so don't flame me for it.

"Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot, and god knows it shouldn't strike 3 times"

Spoiler for If you dont get the half assed joke, look here >_>:
Old 2012-09-05, 16:32   Link #54
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Perhaps there would probably an another man in the new title?
Just some few cents. I'm quite skeptical about the Hope X Lightning thing because i don't really ship them.
Old 2012-09-05, 18:36   Link #55
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

After seeing all this this might as well or probably will indeed sink the ship of this trilogy
Old 2012-09-05, 18:36   Link #56
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I'm not sure how you get that just from "Hope will provide Lightning directions via a communications device." Doesn't sound particularly shippy to me.
Because they tend to be so nitpicky about stuffs like this, I'm not surprised if they're going to jump to it to further support their ships.

Anyway, I'm not too vocal about them either compared to back in XIII. I still wanted them to happen though, but I don't mind even if she doesn't end up with anyone at all.

..I'm really worried about the gameplay time here to complete the main story. One of my gripe in XIII-2 is that the story is just way too short (and also the enemies are way too easy). I hope they make the right choice about this

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:39   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah not too focused either way on the HopexLightning stuff, mostly since I never cared much about either during XIII .

I do hope this combination of gameplay changes will turn out alright and not be just a big disaster. Don't like how short the game sounds or having to watch the clock while playing.
Old 2012-09-06, 04:17   Link #58
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Well, to think that lightning will become sweeter in this title, she will become sweeter to hope too but as i said, i would prefer an another man or a new character in this title. He doesn't need to be playable unless they would do a DLC. Oh and even if it does, i hope they would do the romance part right xD

To be fair, i think the main problem in FFXIII is the linear world? The gameplay is at least fine or good, for me at least.
Old 2012-09-06, 09:09   Link #59
Xagzan

For me, the largest problems of both games were the teeth-shreddingly cheesy melodrama and the painfully awkward dialogue. I don't expect 13-3 to change either of these.

Quote:
No, I don't ship Lightning with anyone. She needs no man to hold her back.

There's no one else and they specifically mentioned Hope after Lightning is set to get her happy ending. It's pretty obvious what they were alluding to and if it doesn't happen than those that ship that pairing, despite the implications, are going to riot. Shippers, after all, tend to be most vocal and most profitable if lead on correctly.
No I didn't mean you were shipping them, I meant the line itself didn't feel like it had ship-related implications to me.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 06:48   Link #60
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I think they should just start over with FFXV. FXIII has been a wash, I don't know why they're pouring so many sequels into a game that was not exactly well liked.
To try to salvage it as it's cheaper to make a sequel than a new Final Fantasy.