AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-25, 12:01   Link #261
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

WOW, what a wonderful story great meaning behind it, well written, the VA's where great and the music was good including the BGM,

what a great way to start 2006! and i really liked the idea of the half moon and how it ws used in that final yuuichi speech.

a rating of 10 from me,
first time i have watched such a short anime series, but the length was just perfect, 6 epsiodes each which felt like a movie when i watched them, this is definately going in my top 5, i will be looking out for DVD release too! =D

thanks to KuroNeko for provding good quality subs for this amazing series!
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 13:41   Link #262
Flo
The Necessary Evil

*Sniffles* It's so beautiful. TT^TT
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 14:13   Link #263
Paracelsus

This anime wins

My final vote: 9.5/10 (it does not get 10 because i wanted it to be longer >.>)

and tun: about Misako, I absolutely agree

>.>
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 15:08   Link #264
Fimbulvetr

Spoiler:

Good closure to a great show.
Fimbulvetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-25, 19:15   Link #265
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A very beautiful ending if i must say~

Spoiler:

And i haven't heard any news of a OST.. i hope one happens!
Old 2006-02-25, 22:16   Link #266
Hiryuu
Shinobi

Send a message via AIM to Hiryuu Send a message via Yahoo to Hiryuu
It was a pretty good ending, for a short anime I enjoyed.
Although it was basically... Live a few years with the one you love...and then it all ends...

The OST for Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora will be released on March 15th, 2006.
Aoi Koufuku and Kioku no Kakera were both excellent songs, by new artist noboku.
Hiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 01:51   Link #267
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

As a sucker for romance, I thought this series was great. I was hoping for the happy ending but expecting the sad one, so I'm happy with how it played out. I was getting a bit aggravated with the hospital mentality of you're an acquaintance not family so we can't tell you anything. There are times when acquaintances are just as important as family and her mom wasn't there to see how important Yuuichi had become to Rika. And then blaming Yuuichi for taking her outside without permission - ugh! I think that adventure played an important role in Rika's mental outlook. I think it helped her to be more willing to except whatever the future was going to hold because she got to live out one of her dreams - going to school. I see Yuuichi as noble because of his decision to stay at Rika's side.

Thanks Kuroneko for the fansubs!
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 03:13   Link #268
NeoSam

The seinen novel finished with 6 volumes >.<
The seinen anime based on the novel finished with 6 episodes >.<

But now a new begining

The first volume of the Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora manga thats based on the novel is going to be released tomorrow 27/2/2006

Here's the cover:

Moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~

So cute I want it, I want it, I want it

The manga is serialized in the shounen(boy's) manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!.
Old 2006-02-26, 03:57   Link #269
Rion
Ramune~

Awwww~~, thanks for posting the cover, NeoSam! I'd love to read it as well *_* Somehow I was a little bit disappointed by the anime (especially directing and animation-wise), and actually I hope for the manga to be better. The cover looks nice already ^^
Rion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 04:28   Link #270
Paracelsus

I want the manga to be composed of 50+ volumes....i doubt it will go past volume 2 anyway >.>
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 11:29   Link #271
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
there 6 volumes for the manga/novel paracelsus
I just ordered them , just cant wait to see the differences...
if we have time kuroneko will scanlate them

Also, Hantuski 1 & 2 (if i remember well) are out in DVD ...but only in japan for now
there will have limited and regular editions for each release.

Also a big thanks for all the positive feedbacks , all the staff loved it and having fans behind to support us...that reminds us why we want to fansubs ...and how fun it was to work on hantsuki
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 11:34   Link #272
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawool
there 6 volumes for the manga/novel paracelsus
I just ordered them , just cant wait to see the differences...
if we have time kuroneko will scanlate them

Also, Hantuski 1 & 2 (if i remember well) are out in DVD ...but only in japan for now
there will have limited and regular editions for each release.
Please take your time and don't rush. Since I'm waiting with a long neck for one of the over-hyped series coming from you guys (only me?)
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 11:36   Link #273
Sephiroth

I just wanna comment on a few things on this anime...

On knowing that it's only 6 episodes, I was kind of thinking that the anime will be a little rushed, especially with 6 novels and supposedly alot to cover, however generally I didn't feel any bit of a rushed scene(ok that last kiss could have done probably better but oh well) and after watching the anime I was absolutely satisfied with Hantsuki's pacing.

This anime is a gem... for fans who love romantic stuff anyway. Although at the start I know this anime is going to be kinda of a romantic kind, the ending really touched me to the bottom of my heart that I hoped I am in the same situation as Yuuichi. Erm well, kinda hoped that I'm not in Yuuichi's situation either.

In the end, I just gotta say this anime is superb, it doesn't take much time to appreciate the anime once again(only 6 episodes) from the graphics to the seiyuu to the 2 lead character's bitter and sweet encounters... Definitely this is one of the best anime in 2006, though it's only february now...
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 12:01   Link #274
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
gah ...my stupid cat walked on my keyboard and delete all my rant ...

ok so i were typing that i trully think (both as a fangirl and fansubber) that hantsuki was just awesome ...short indeed ..maybe a lil rushed for some but well perfectly managed. When you compare this anonymous series which was a masterpiece to overrated n popular series *cough*fate stay night*cough* which are slow as hell ..well i have no regret bout this 6 ep concept. Of course we are all missing it already but seems WoWow is enjoying it too and with luck Shinigami No ballad will have the same 'vibe'.

To get back on topic, i can tell ya guys there is also a Drama CD that should be soon released (gonna save money lol) but only in Japan.
ok end of rant
Kawool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 23:30   Link #275
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Not that I think Fate/Stay Night is the greatest series ever made, but c'mon. This wasn't really great... at all. I thought the melodrama was far too blatant, and the romance was flat. The characters were archtypal and lacked the necessary development, resulting in a rather stale story. I really wanted to like the characters... I really did, but in the end they gave me no reason to care about what happened to them.

I like a good drama. But when anime (all too often) crosses that line between "drama" and "melodrama" the experience becomes difficult to enjoy. Hantsuki is shamelessly guilty of that.

This is hardly a 9/10 or 10/10 title... I'd be highly apprehensive about giving it even a 5.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 01:50   Link #276
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I could do with a bit of after ending, but I suppose this ending was nice, too. Not in my favorites list, but it was worth watching. I especially liked the ending song Oh well... here goes another series I enjoyed... sniff...
Old 2006-02-27, 03:51   Link #277
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Oh well, I could do with a bit of after ending, but I suppose this ending was nice, too.
After ending? You really do enjoy tragedy, don't you? I don't think I could bear to watch that epilogue.

It was spelled out pretty clearly how his life would pass after the final episode. Yuichi's probably going to marry Rika straight out of high school. (They will only have a short while to love each other, so they'll chose not to waste time.) Then he's going to have to skip college and get a job to help pay for his new wife's hospital bills. They are going to have to stay in this town despite his strong desire to leave it, but that is just another sacrifice he'll make for her sake. They'll have a few years together with Rika in-and-out of the hospital and then in a few years... maybe 1... maybe 5... maybe even more, but just a short part of Yuichi's life... Rika will die.

Then Yuichi will mourn her. That is what the doctor meant by "The worst possible outcome." After his mourning is over, we can hope that he will believe those few years with Rika were precious enough to be worth the pain. He loves her and that makes a lot of suffering worthwhile. He is not the sort of man who could live with himself if he had abandoned the woman he loves just because she makes his life difficult. Perhaps he'll prize her even more because of the imminency of the end. The candle that burns at both ends is twice as bright.

At least, I'd like to believe that their love will burn brightly enough to make a lifetime of memory. The thought that he'll live with bitterness at this decision the way the doctor does, is just too terrible.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 04:11   Link #278
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I didn't say I want to see suffering But I'd like to see the wedding at least, and a normal day in their life after that. At least, in pictures or in summary. Well, even if they show Rika dying, I'd be ok with that as long as they give her a good death.

Nah, I don't like tragedy that much. I prefer a happy ending over tragedy. E.g. MyHime was perfect in that aspect for me
Old 2006-02-27, 04:16   Link #279
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Good death? Her heart is going to give out. This show isn't about a good death, it is about having a good life.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 04:30   Link #280
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yes, I meant not having her death appear outright horrible (sirens screaming, lights, ER, Yuuichi shouting, blablabla). You know, something more peaceful.

Tags
drama, romance, shounen