AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 22:37   Link #441
lambon

No max is NOT older than the king. He was switched with louis by broglie.

Does D'Eon have a different father from Max and Lia? They ever mention D'Eon in their scheme...
lambon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 04:02   Link #442
Zeluch
anata to tomo ni

Send a message via AIM to Zeluch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonexistinghero View Post
ive just finished Chevalier! it was a great series, good story and interesting characters. it knocks away the whole "its just an anime" The characters seemed realistic and a whole new feeling to this anime. BUT could someone help me answer some questions on the ending?

Spoiler for ep 24:
I'll try to answer the last two questions.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeluch; 2007-08-30 at 21:39.
Zeluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 20:52   Link #443
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Oh my God, I haven't seen such a good anime in a long while. Granted, it's not the best, but it definitely has its great moments. Not so keen on the ending though, IMO, it's totally rushed and just sped through moments I thought would be worthwhile to spend at least a little time on.

On romance, one of my favorite aspects...

And Oh... Maximilien and Lia. That, right there. It was (sort of) everything I could've asked for in a 'romance', the intrigue, tragic consequences, and how, aside from Lia's bond with her brother, this is one of the strongest bonds she shared with him. How you know that they knew they were siblings and all, but you could tell it didn't sever their bond one bit, it sort of strengthens it albeit in a different way.

I'm a BL freak, but I'm just not seeing it between Max and D'eon or even Durand at all, lol, but maybe that's because it's strongly implied that Lia, Max and Durand's friendship were of a level different than the others; that they understand each other. Perhaps that's why Max was so insistent on having Durand in his party, because of that aspect, his equal aside from Lia. And D'Eon, it's pretty clear that he places strong emphasis on Lia rather than the man himself, as he constantly refers to him as 'the vessel'.

I'd love to see the Max/Lia moments in the later stages handled with a bit more creativity and care rather than speeding through them in generic story-telling form. But I suppose that's not really the point of the series, though it contributes a lot to the story. Though it's a bit heartwrenching to see that in his final moments, you could see that as his role ended, in his last breaths, he still loved her, despite that they're half-siblings, guh, the angst. :'(
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 14:25   Link #444
bluesilo

Anyone else just finish the ending to this series? It was great even though I didn't understand half the plot. I must be stupid or something. But it was excellent and I'm glad I collected it.

Spoiler for Final Episode:
bluesilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 01:49   Link #445
Zeluch
anata to tomo ni

Send a message via AIM to Zeluch
I also just "finished" this series. When I say finished, I mean I finally completed my viewing of the final officially released DVD. Overall, it was really put together well (The DVDs) and I was impressed with the quality. As far as the story goes, I absolutely love the ending and wonder if there is anyone else besides myself that have practically memorized the final episode by heart in Japanese.

As for the above question

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Zeluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 10:02   Link #446
bluesilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeluch View Post
I also just "finished" this series. When I say finished, I mean I finally completed my viewing of the final officially released DVD. Overall, it was really put together well (The DVDs) and I was impressed with the quality. As far as the story goes, I absolutely love the ending and wonder if there is anyone else besides myself that have practically memorized the final episode by heart in Japanese.

As for the above question

Spoiler for Spoiler:
I guess we are the only two who have finished the ADV release lol. Yeah it was great and along with Ergo Proxy it was 1 of 2 that I collected throughout the whole year and was much better then the previous mentioned title. I'm glad you enjoyed it to though. I hope ADV still takes risk like this because I know the show was struggling in sales Hench the changing of the artwork on volume 4, but again it was unique and awesome animation. Here's hoping ADV doesn't lose hope.
bluesilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 11:34   Link #447
Cloudy

I started watching this anime again on animax recently.(I remember I watched untill ep 9.)

Wonder if there is any Japanese fanart or doujin on this series.
Old 2010-06-23, 12:10   Link #448
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Watched until the 4th episode, and it seems interesting.
Let's continue. Ah, the animation is amazing, and the fullhd resolution takes the best out of it.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 15:01   Link #449
tyciol
*Artist

Having seen Rose of Versailles makes me interested in this. Next best thing to the Napolean sequel I suppose.

That and 3 musketeers which I think only had 1 ep done.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, supernatural