AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-30, 03:04   Link #1
Hfeline

Strange Dawn

I'm interested in seeing the full series, but they've only released the first two DVDs and it seems the company that originally made in available has no plans to put out the other two. Furthermore, I know that they showed it on TV in Britain. So, my question is, how can I see the entire series? I'm not fluent in any other language other than English. Any help would be great.
Hfeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 03:11   Link #2
jagass

Maybe they will release it in time...Just be patient in waiting...
jagass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 04:41   Link #3
BluWacky
尻の竜

Urban Vision as an anime distributor is essentially dead, although their Asian film line still seems to be running. It wouldn't surprise me if their license had expired or will expire in the next couple of years - they licensed the show back in 2001 and I'd be surprised if their license lasts for more than 10 years.

For all we know this may have already happened, and the copyright in everything (including the dub and subtitle translations) will probably have been assigned to Geneon in Japan in the first instance anyway, so we're unlikely ever to see the rest of the show in commercial format.

Maybe someone will pick it up as a self-indulgent project? It's an odd little show, Strange Dawn; I'd love to see it in Japanese at some point, I watched a fair whack of it on TV when it aired and the slightly strange ex-pat dubbing and major edits to excise things like rape and death made it rather confusing!
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 05:43   Link #4
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The first two episodes were fansubbed two years ago or so and I always wanted to see more. I think the chibi aliens drove more subbers away than the (rather theoretical) license status. Too bad. It looked as if it had potential.
Old 2010-10-20, 19:09   Link #5
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

This series has a lot of potential. Directed by Jyunichi Sato (Ojamajo Doremi) it's a very interesting take on the classic "hero's journey" tale.

Urban Vision's kinda dead though... perhaps someone else picked it up? (wink, wink)

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 21:54   Link #6
HalethTO

A big thank you to the mystery individuals who are rectifying the situation!
HalethTO is offline   Reply With Quote