"Oh, is that all? Too bad..."
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 18:27   Link #822
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Hah, Freesia seems easy to please ... nice finds.

Love the collection of Elysse's phrases. I love her voice.
Freesia is the best.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 11:45   Link #823
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
Hah, Freesia seems easy to please ... nice finds.

Love the collection of Elysse's phrases. I love her voice.
Great video by the way. are they official?? wow...nice dodge Ted, not many can survive Marina's sniping..

anyway...Glad to see someone else like Elysse...I am a HUGE fans of her...
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 07:46   Link #824
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wendy was awesome.

*tosses regular looking grenade*

*Valkyria level explosion*

"Oh, is that all? Too bad..."
I totally LOL'd when I first read her Personnel profile. xD
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 02:59   Link #825
sb075

Sega regrets to change the platform of VC2.
The producer that decided to change the platform thought that PS3 is too expensive.
No one Sega staffs could expect the PS3's price cut.

Spoiler for scan:

This is just a rumor, so please don't get seriously.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 12:50   Link #826
cloner4000

The problem can be remedied easily with a VC 3..I mean, I 've already bought a game where we only semi-liked before, and VC is actually one of my favorite game I've played so far, so shoveling out money for VC2 and VC3 would be bearable. just don't buy 12 cups of starbuck and there you go.

so anyway..I am pretty sure there is quite a few of us will buy VC2 for sure..so keep your hopes up that sega would be willing to make the third one.
Old 2009-10-29, 21:23   Link #827
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, that sucks. Hindsight being 20/20, it'd be really nice if they had waited.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 10:57   Link #828
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

FINALLY, my PS3 came home.

Now I can begin playing this. Expect further updates, questions and general nagging to follow.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 11:18   Link #829
Woopzilla
Desensitized

When I got the game I didn't have a use for my PC anymore for the next several days. All anime watching and other game playing ceased... it was just VC any chance I got.

It's so nicely done that just gets you hooked.

Have fun progressing through the story.
Old 2009-11-13, 12:47   Link #830
cloner4000

I finish the game play clocked at 35 hours without counting replay and what not from mission failure. But now I have clocked 70 hours already. and that's not even counting the DLC from Selvaria and Edy. Have fun wasting your weekends away..HAHA
Old 2009-11-19, 13:04   Link #831
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just started replaying the game after quite a longtime. Forgot how much fun it was.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 23:30   Link #832
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

late to the party, but Damon just died. i thought i'd make a post to celebrate.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 02:46   Link #833
Neovoid

After completing VC, I started to play other "Strategy" WWII games like the Company of Heroes Series for RTS and the Brother in Arms Series for FPS. It makes we wonder what if the BLITZ system was used in a WWII SRPG game where you get to play as both the Allies and Axis like in Company of Heroes. Also incorporate real life military tactics like Brother in Arms' Four F's rather then just run up to the enemy and shoot him in the face. It is especially necessary if you want to flank the annoying MG42 (I hated them so much in COH which were responsible for more then 50% of my causalities).

I was also thinking of giving each faction an exclusive elite unit name like in COH for example, the British Elite Shocktroopers would be called Commandos and the Wehrmacht/Waffen SS Elite Shocktroopers would be called Stormtroopers or Assault Grenadiers.

As for the US, I'm not sure whether to categorize the US Army Rangers as Elite Scouts or Elite Shocktroopers. I watched a military channel special on the US Army Rangers, in WWII they specialized in long range recon and patrols behind the enemy lines (like Scouts). They also used 18th century raiding tactics established Major Robert Rogers during the French and Indian Wars. They were also referred to as the "US Army's Elite Shock Troops" leading the assault on the D-Day beaches. COH also establishes them as US Army's most Elite Unit able to wield semi-automatic M1 Garands (like Scouts) or Thompson SMG for Run & Gun and Guns Blazing Rambo tactics (for Shocktroopers). A squad of 3 or 4 Rangers could easily take out a King Tiger (also they were a lot cheaper to mass produce then the Shermans and Pershing Tanks). Some people view them as Scouts + Shocktrooper.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 04:24   Link #834
cloner4000

Really? it can take out a King Tiger? Well, I guess I was just not very good at the game then..ahh...no surprise there.

Once it become Real Time, my response is just too slow.

Anyway...The price for VC in Gamestop (in US) is now only $20!!! so those of you haven't buy it should have no more excuse not to.
Old 2010-01-12, 05:33   Link #835
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Really? it can take out a King Tiger? Well, I guess I was just not very good at the game then..ahh...no surprise there.
From memory Rangers deployed onto the battlefield with two M9 Bazookas with the option to upgrade their Garands for Thompsons.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 06:29   Link #836
Neovoid

Quote:
Yes, I learned that Bazookas are most Accurate/Effective at near point blank range especially when targeting the rear armor (Just don't get run over). Also the King Tiger's Gun is really slow where the only way to hit something would be the target being immobile and we know how fast Rangers move.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:34   Link #837
cloner4000

Well if you are unlucky and happen on a king tiger, usually at long range it's guy can blow one or sometime two of your rangers right off.

But also that I can't really micro and have yet to figure out how each weapon works. The game itself is actually pretty complex.
Old 2010-01-12, 15:39   Link #838
Neovoid

Quote:
Well if you are unlucky and happen on a king tiger, usually at long range it's guy can blow one or sometime two of your rangers right off.

But also that I can't really micro and have yet to figure out how each weapon works. The game itself is actually pretty complex.
Which is why I also prefer turn based strategy games like Civilization and turn based SRPG games like VC, Fire Emblem, and Super Robot Taisen.
Old 2010-01-13, 00:59   Link #839
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Someone likes the blitz system? cool... although personally i like to compare it to having the grace like that of a platypus strapped to an albatross or something i find it awkward that they made a turn-based third person shooter, and although it works pretty well, i find it a bit silly (like you said, running up to them, stopping time[kinda] and shooting them in the face).
I mean, it'd be so much cooler if it was fully real-time, one thing i love about VC is the scale of the firefights-focused on squad-size groups as opposed to individuals flying around, and it'd be great to be able to run cover to cover to resupply squad mates or something. basically more seamless shooter, with no intrusive pauses in the middle of combat. I guess i might be going for a more realistic battle/gunfights. It probably bugs me since i've played a couple games that have methods of combining strategy and shooter w/o loosing out in either aspects.

and speaking of the KT, fighting this will probably be less ridiculous
Spoiler for size:

yup, still WIP >_> opo368 is also getting stalled by school it seems...
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 15:27   Link #840
cloner4000

I think it might be because Japanese in general are not that into FPS games than US. I don't think I can aim at least carefully if it was real time but I guess that's part of the challenge.

Nice tanks btw way...That would be totally badass to have in CoH...