AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-17, 13:25   Link #41
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Hm, my theory for the fact that the island only consists of women was that the empress crew takea along female (orphan?) babies and deliver them to one of the villages. But if that spoiler is correct then that theory is no good.

So... Is this pirates empress Lola's mom? If so, wouldn't she leave Luffy alone if she found out that the strawhats helped Lola? Although it might require Nami to confirm that with the Vivre card (fact that she's a girl probably won't hurt either).

As for Margaret joining, I suppose Luffy might be interested but he's really got other things to worry about for now. Like finding the rest of his crew and getting back to his ship.

About Kuma's transport, it could really be 3 days. For one thing the coating was delayed anyway because Rayleigh got involved by holding off Kizaru, and just because the coating is done it doesn't mean that they will get back to their ship in the planned timespan.
Old 2008-09-17, 13:47   Link #42
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
So... Is this pirates empress Lola's mom?
That is what one would automatically think after hearing the words describing her (of course, it also tells something about Lola's character). But, if Lola's crew met her, then she acts only normal in the seas, not in the island. Or, she is forced to act so in the island, for reasons currently unknown.
Old 2008-09-17, 14:34   Link #43
marvelB

Ha ha, I loved when Margaret asked Luffy to give her his balls (she literally thought they were "golden balls"! ). She seems to be awfully naive... kinda like Chopper, actually. I'd love to see the interaction between those two if she actually does end up joining Luffy...

Oh, and apparently Luffy hops on Aphelandra's boobs when making his getaway (LOL WUT).
Old 2008-09-17, 14:52   Link #44
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Up until Crocodile shichibukai was a scary being.But nowadays its just like theyre popping in every eposide.Moria and Kuma was one thing since they talked a bit.But Kuma's return was a bit rushed..And this queen may be a shichibukai?...I dont think she is a shichibukai.Its too early for the hidden shichi to show himself/herself after all those things happened in island.
Well you have to remember as well that One Piece already has over 500 chapters... and they are soon going to enter the new world...

The series has to reach its climax soon enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohei View Post
With the title of "Pirate Empress", I'm sure Hancock knows what a man is, quite well...she's probably killed more than a few in her heyday.
Good point. Either way: I can't hold it in anymore: I really don't like your avatar very much...It just ruined my appetite...I had tuna puffs right in front of my face and was browsing this forum...and I saw your av, and I ... just lost all enthusiasm for my FAVOURITE snack...

I mean...yeah, yeah, yeah, I've got no right and whatever...but...you ruined my puffs...

NOONE gets away with that...I once actually got into a fight in school and knocked the guy's tooth out (by mistake) cos he tried to snatch my puff from me. I mean, I understood he was just playing and everything, but...NOBODY TOUCHES MY EFFING PUFFS!!! NOBODY!!!!!

THEY'RE MINE!!! MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post
Spoiler for the picture takes up a bit of space...:

got this from a One Piece Forum..
could it be that this is Hancock?
Its from a One Piece Colour Walk..

any suggestions/oppinions?
Well it's as good as any, pretty likely to be spot on, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle View Post
The thing with female-only Island is that you wonder how they manage to reproduces themselves. Luckily OP can have a simply explanation.
I sense a born born-fruit coming up

As for the ships. It may be a coincidence (unlikely) or the ships saw luffy flying past them and decided to follow him. A more unrealistic explanation is that Kuma told the WG where he sent Luffy.
Born Born. lol.

But that wouldn't explain how to whole population thrives: remember no two of any DF exist...

Well, I really want a new crew member from Kuja. It seems like a great idea. Another female crew member. Plus, I support that point about her NOT having a DF power. That would be great.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-09-17, 15:53   Link #45
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Born Born. lol.

But that wouldn't explain how to whole population thrives: remember no two of any DF exist...

Ahem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I just saw a translation of the spoiler script that explained how the women from Amazon Lily are born: Basically, some of the women travelled overseas and came back pregnant. However, the babies born are, coincidentally, ONLY female. I'm guessing that any male babies born were secretly disposed of....

Also, the full translation of that script explains that Hancock took the strongest amazons along with her on her voyage. Therefore, this proves once and for all that NOT ALL of the amazons are reclusive.

And.... Margaret actually asks Luffy about his balls twice. Ye gods, that's even worse than Brooke asking for a glimpse of panties....
Old 2008-09-17, 17:36   Link #46
kari-no-sugata

Going out on a limb here...

We know how Amazon Lily keeps its population going - the elite warriors go out on ships and come back pregnant, and only bear girls. (As a side note, this probably means Margaret isn't an elite warrior, unless there's an age limit). Now, can you imagine these elite warriors wanting "weak" men to mate with? I rather doubt it. They seem to worship "strength".

Okay, now follow this line of thought... if the strong women want strong men, then the strongest women would want the strongest men.

Prediction: Luffy will end up in a battle with Boa Hancock, where if he loses he dies and if he wins he has to "marry" Boa

As a side note, those ships would be good for Luffy to get away on. He'd just have to win over some women sailors to his side somehow
Old 2008-09-17, 17:41   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Possibility to Margaret join to crew has rised to 75%
I would not say so... i got her at about 10-15% only
a little interaction like that doesn't mean too much of anything... i mean Luffy and Paulie went even furthar than that by having a pretty good heart to heart moment when they were strapped to the floor but that never worked out... And he had a bonus due to the fact that the strawhats needed a shipwright

Signs that would help indicate that Margaret would become a strawhat...
-She becomes exiled by the other amazons and thus is pushed to leave forever... this however is still weak as the arc could easily lead her getting back in good with the amazons by changing the nature of how they regard men ("men aren't evil!") and/or adjusting their beliefs ("Hancock is teh evils!") and may even lead to her becoming the new leader.... 25%
-Having a real heart to heart moment to Luffy... still not certain as with the example with Paulie... 50%
-She express a life long heart felt dream to see the whole world... or really, any difficult life long dream would be good so long as it requires her to leave the island... now this is a pretty strong indication though some dreams can be obtained on their own... 75%
-indications that she has a really dramatic past with an accompanying flashback... that would pretty much clinch it... 100%
Old 2008-09-17, 17:43   Link #48
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Prediction: Luffy will end up in a battle with Boa Hancock, where if he loses he dies and if he wins he has to "marry" Boa

So basically... you're saying that the Kuja tribe is the same as the Chinese Amazons from Ranma 1/2? Eh... maybe.

...I still like the possibility of Boa turning out to be Luffy's mom better, though.

Quote:
As a side note, those ships would be good for Luffy to get away on. He'd just have to win over some women sailors to his side somehow

Or he could just knock them out, which is more his style anyway. It's not like Sanji is there to stop him, anyway.... or is he?
Old 2008-09-17, 17:54   Link #49
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
a little interaction like that doesn't mean too much of anything... i mean Luffy and Paulie went even furthar than that by having a pretty good heart to heart moment when they were strapped to the floor but that never worked out... And he had a bonus due to the fact that the strawhats needed a shipwright

-She becomes exiled by the other amazons and thus is pushed to leave forever... this however is still weak as the arc could easily lead her getting back in good with the amazons by changing the nature of how they regard men ("men aren't evil!") and/or adjusting their beliefs ("Hancock is teh evils!") and may even lead to her becoming the new leader.... 25%
-Having a real heart to heart moment to Luffy... still not certain as with the example with Paulie... 50%
-She express a life long heart felt dream to see the whole world... or really, any difficult life long dream would be good so long as it requires her to leave the island... now this is a pretty strong indication though some dreams can be obtained on their own... 75%
-indications that she has a really dramatic past with an accompanying flashback... that would pretty much clinch it... 100%
I basically agree with all the above.

As things currently stand, Camie would be about as likely to join (ie not very).
Old 2008-09-17, 17:59   Link #50
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
So basically... you're saying that the Kuja tribe is the same as the Chinese Amazons from Ranma 1/2? Eh... maybe.
Possibly.

Either way, I think there's a high chance Luffy's going to have to solve things by force.

Quote:
...I still like the possibility of Boa turning out to be Luffy's mom better, though.
Well... Boa seems quite ruthless and close minded, given how she runs things.

Quote:
Or he could just knock them out, which is more his style anyway. It's not like Sanji is there to stop him, anyway.... or is he?
The way things are being built up, I doubt Boa's significantly weaker than Luffy - ie he'll have to fight pretty seriously.
Old 2008-09-17, 19:19   Link #51
Rainbowman

Quote:
Oh, and apparently Luffy hops on Aphelandra's boobs when making his getaway (LOL WUT).
Now THAT makes for a funny moment. LOL Think I could see a picture of that moment?
Old 2008-09-17, 20:39   Link #52
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post

or Luffy sees Margaret with a cool ability and goes into "I want you to join my crew, no matter what!" mode

I like to think that we will see someone join the crew before they all join up again and continue on to the New World. having all the crew not know what awaits in the NW is what I would like to see. That part of the journey should be new and unexpected for all of them.

To see one of the amazons join I think is pretty high, in that Luffy is the one there. More to the point, where ever Luffy landed is best chance we'll see a new crewmate.

.......still waiting on the death by "snu-snu"!
Old 2008-09-17, 21:02   Link #53
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
.......still waiting on the death by "snu-snu"!
I'm aware that this quote <death by "snu-snu"> is from Futurama, but what exactly does "snu-snu" mean?
Old 2008-09-17, 21:06   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I'm aware that this quote <death by "snu-snu"> is from Futurama, but what exactly does "snu-snu" mean?
Let's just say that the end result is a huge grin on the man's face...even though their pelvis had been broken. Anything else might go beyond the PG-13 rating for this forum .
Old 2008-09-17, 21:11   Link #55
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
or Luffy sees Margaret with a cool ability and goes into "I want you to join my crew, no matter what!" mode
Well she is still gonna fill out one of more of those prerequisites ... Brooke and Chopper weren't just characters Luffy found "Cool" and/or "funny"... They were characters with big dreams and a very dramatic pasts...

Luffy asking Margaret to join his crew after she does something cool in turn raises the chances of her having a dramatic past and big dreams by like 75%, which, once fulfilled, makes her chances of joining the crew 100%... their have been those that turned down Luffy before, but he was not very hardcore about them....

Thus is stand by my points

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
death by Snu Snu!
Old 2008-09-17, 21:40   Link #56
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Let's just say that the end result is a huge grin on the man's face...even though their pelvis had been broken. Anything else might go beyond the PG-13 rating for this forum .
I see. Did the women performing the "snu-snu" technique get pregnant? Seeing them pregnant after that technique would really be something.
Old 2008-09-18, 07:43   Link #57
Trax
Rock beats scissors

From some of the spoilers I've seen, it looks like Margaret isn't really in trouble with the amazons... yet. They think Luffy kidnapped her.
Old 2008-09-18, 14:29   Link #58
fireportgas

For this new chapter I have only one thing to say!There's no new shichibukai It just doesn't make sense from some facts!

I really hoped this chapter would show what the hell happened to Ace...Or some news from the battle of shichibukai and Whitebeard!And I also want to see what Garp wants to do with Rayleigh...Damn I can't wait I want to see more :P!
Old 2008-09-18, 14:40   Link #59
marvelB

I wonder if Luffy will really stand a chance against Hancock if he's forced to fight her? Judging from the fact that she's widely known as the Pirate Empress, that would imply that she's at the same level of strength as Rayleigh and the Yonkou. If that's the case, I'm not really sure that Luffy would be ready for such an epic matchup, especially so soon after the crazy events of Sabaody....
Old 2008-09-18, 15:58   Link #60
ellifeedn
Thinker

I don't know why, but the name Hancock sounds really familiar for some reason. Perhaps a pirate Oda used as a basis?
Closed Thread