AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-22, 02:40   Link #141
kobester11

I kinda agree with you guys that its gonna be an ayase end. I mean her case is unique.

Kirino: she indeed loves her brother, but she's also aware that they're siblings. OUT
Kuroneko: She said that her love for kyousuke has the same amount as kirino, which is why they broke up. My guess is she's the girl, kyousuke's planning to confess to but will be turned down again for the same reason. OUT
Saori: She's looks up kyousuke as a big-brother kind-of love. OUT
Manami: It's obvious that she loves him, but he doesn't love love her. OUT
Kanako: It's more of a respect instead of love. OUT

Which leaves us to Ayase. I mean, after yeah learning kyousuke had a gf, she suddenly recognizes her feelings. Like you all pointed, in the first meeting, she's kinda interested in him despite what happened next she still calls him "Onii-san" and asks for his help.

Plus, i'd be kinda weird if he ends up with Saori or Ruri. That would ruin their circle of friends, I mean dating your bestfriend's brother who also has feelings for him too? That's a recipe for destruction! I doubt the author would be going to an incest route(unless they go adapt the psp story...)
Old 2013-04-22, 05:28   Link #142
jasonhan416

In episode 3 of oreimo 2, do they, do they just covered volume 6 (chapter 3), and volume 9 (chapter 3)?
Old 2013-04-22, 05:54   Link #143
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
I kinda agree with you guys that its gonna be an ayase end. I mean her case is unique.

Kirino: she indeed loves her brother, but she's also aware that they're siblings. OUT
Kuroneko: She said that her love for kyousuke has the same amount as kirino, which is why they broke up. My guess is she's the girl, kyousuke's planning to confess to but will be turned down again for the same reason. OUT
Saori: She's looks up kyousuke as a big-brother kind-of love. OUT
Manami: It's obvious that she loves him, but he doesn't love love her. OUT
Kanako: It's more of a respect instead of love. OUT

Which leaves us to Ayase. I mean, after yeah learning kyousuke had a gf, she suddenly recognizes her feelings. Like you all pointed, in the first meeting, she's kinda interested in him despite what happened next she still calls him "Onii-san" and asks for his help.

Plus, i'd be kinda weird if he ends up with Saori or Ruri. That would ruin their circle of friends, I mean dating your bestfriend's brother who also has feelings for him too? That's a recipe for destruction! I doubt the author would be going to an incest route(unless they go adapt the psp story...)
Pray tell, how does end up with Kuroneko is weird? To be honest, I'd prefer Kirino or Kuroneko over Ayase. Just like retenlessflame said somewhere ealier, Kyousuke probably doesnt really love Ayase, he just treats her like an idol. Also, Kirino's end doesnt exactly mean that they got together, she might just confesses her feeling before going again. Not to mention that Kuroneko had no reason to refuse, especially if she wanted to make her ideal world real.
Old 2013-04-22, 08:44   Link #144
icebreaker

Quote:
Plus, i'd be kinda weird if he ends up with Saori or Ruri. That would ruin their circle of friends, I mean dating your bestfriend's brother who also has feelings for him too? That's a recipe for destruction!
This one applies to Ayase too -.- She's Kirino's best friend on the other side. And a Kuroneko ending can easily be written too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Just like retenlessflame said somewhere ealier, Kyousuke probably doesnt really love Ayase, he just treats her like an idol.
Let's say author decided to describe Kyousuke's actions to Ayase as signs that he love her. Would anything stated earlier in the novel disagree? This is up to the author, really.

Quote:
Also, Kirino's end doesnt exactly mean that they got together, she might just confesses her feeling before going again.
Let me say this, I don't hate Kirino or anything, if anything she's a great character and her development throughout the series was really nice to read.
But for a lot of reasons I stated before, especially those involving the publisher, this ending leaves a gray area where it's untold whether incest happened or not. Probably best to steer clear of this gray area.
Old 2013-04-22, 11:04   Link #145
kobester11

Quote:
Pray tell, how does end up with Kuroneko is weird? To be honest, I'd prefer Kirino or Kuroneko over Ayase.
She broke up with him. I kinda doubt that they would be together again, I mean what's the purpose of breaking up then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
This one applies to Ayase too -.- She's Kirino's best friend on the other side. And a Kuroneko ending can easily be written too
You actually have a point there ^^;; But I doubt Ayase would do the same thing Ruri did. If 2 girls who loved me but broke up with me because they chose their best friend over me who happens to be my sister, twice. Would totally break me apart into a million pieces and practice myself not trust any girls/anybody in my whole life.

Quote:
But for a lot of reasons I stated before, especially those involving the publisher, this ending leaves a gray area where it's untold whether incest happened or not. Probably best to steer clear of this gray area.
Yeah, the series already has a bad rep for the ruri broke up incident. But suddenly telling Kyousuke is Kirino's cousin at the last volume is just terribly cliche and bad storytelling. But from the looks of it they're going for this route.

Last edited by kobester11; 2013-04-22 at 11:17.
Old 2013-04-22, 14:52   Link #146
kentasaiba

Kirino is on her way to the airport for her flight to america and kyousuke is trying to stop her. Both says they love each other and happy end.

It HAVE to end like this...
Old 2013-04-22, 15:19   Link #147
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
She broke up with him. I kinda doubt that they would be together again, I mean what's the purpose of breaking up then?
Well, that's a good question to ask yourself: why did Ruri break up with Kyousuke? It's certainly not because she doesn't like him, or because he didn't like her. And what is it that Ruri actually wants for Kyousuke in the end?

I don't think you can assume that the break-up really means it's over; after all, she still says that Kyousuke is under her curse.
Old 2013-04-22, 15:43   Link #148
icebreaker

Quote:
Yeah, the series already has a bad rep for the ruri broke up incident. But suddenly telling Kyousuke is Kirino's cousin at the last volume is just terribly cliche and bad storytelling. But from the looks of it they're going for this route.
I realized everything that was discussed about Dengeki Bunko, "incest" and dark taboos is on the Light Novel thread. Read up on that.
Old 2013-04-22, 18:52   Link #149
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

Let's say author decided to describe Kyousuke's actions to Ayase as signs that he love her. Would anything stated earlier in the novel disagree? This is up to the author, really.
Actually, there is nothing stated in the novel that agree to that. He flirted with her, he asked her to marry him, he rushed to her as fast as possible and that's all. We can see (read) his thought, but unlike with Kuroneko, when he with her he didn't actually think of anything big. He just want to be near her, like a fan want to be near his idol.
Also, Volume 9 he confirmed that he was only joking when asking Ayase to marry him.

Quote:
To get a reaction out of Kirino. Kirino had given up without a fight, so her feeling is not resolved. If Kuroneko continued, that feeling will only keep bottling up inside and get worse. At the very least, let it out now and deal with it is a safer choice.

Quote:
You actually have a point there ^^;; But I doubt Ayase would do the same thing Ruri did. If 2 girls who loved me but broke up with me because they chose their best friend over me who happens to be my sister, twice. Would totally break me apart into a million pieces and practice myself not trust any girls/anybody in my whole life.
Deal with it, man. Both girl are important to you. Do you prefer seeing one of them suffer for a long time (maybe even a lifetime?)

Quote:
I'd give anything to get an ending like that.
Old 2013-04-22, 19:35   Link #150
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I still wish for an Ayase ending

The toy makers are really banking on a Kuroneko end though. Most of the figures I see are of Kirino and Kuroneko.
Old 2013-04-22, 20:04   Link #151
s0beit
kiririn.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post

I still wish for an Ayase ending

The toy makers are really banking on a Kuroneko end though. Most of the figures I see are of Kirino and Kuroneko.
Figure makers are only banking on consumer demand, I'm fairly sure they don't care how the series ends as long as people buy their plastic.
The fans (or at least a good portion of them) are banking on a Kuroneko end, would be a more accurate way to put it.
Old 2013-04-22, 20:53   Link #152
kobester11

Quote:

I'd give anything to get an ending like that.
Yeah, cliche but it works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think you can assume that the break-up really means it's over; after all, she still says that Kyousuke is under her curse.
No offense, but usually characters that say that he's under her curse/spell/own's him don't usually end up with MC.

Last edited by kobester11; 2013-04-22 at 21:11.
Old 2013-04-22, 22:32   Link #153
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Not as hyped for ep4, only really wanted to hear Kyosuke scream how he is not a lolicon but a siscon. I guess they can justify keeping in that episode as it is one of the first moments where the character's inner thoughts are revealed.
You mean the fact that the prospect of getting to see lots of people going totally wtf over the cliffhanger of next episode doesn't excite you?
Old 2013-04-22, 22:59   Link #154
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
No offense, but usually characters that say that he's under her curse/spell/own's him don't usually end up with MC.
Perhaps, but you can't just take that one "sign" in isolation and compare it to other stories in isolation. Everything is connected.

But that aside, I was not saying that because it's the ending I want, just what seems to make sense given the structure of the story so far and in trying to close all the loose ends, as was discussed in the novel thread. So I'm not offended if you don't think the ending I think could make sense won't happen, but I'd need a bit more than "it doesn't usually happen" to convince me that it's illogical for this story. But in either case, it could be discussed more in the novel thread.
Old 2013-04-22, 23:44   Link #155
icebreaker

Quote:
Actually, there is nothing stated in the novel that agree to that. He flirted with her, he asked her to marry him, he rushed to her as fast as possible and that's all. We can see (read) his thought, but unlike with Kuroneko, when he with her he didn't actually think of anything big. He just want to be near her, like a fan want to be near his idol.
Also, Volume 9 he confirmed that he was only joking when asking Ayase to marry him.
You didn't get my point. What I meant was if the author says he loves Ayase, nothing earlier disagrees on it. If they author says he doesn't love Ayase, he can explain it with relentlessflames' logic. So it's up to the author.

If he said he wasn't joking that's sexual harassment... And he promised he'll stop sexual harassing. We don't know whether how much of it is serious.. yet.
Old 2013-04-27, 11:37   Link #156
icebreaker

Oreimo Episode 5 - "I can't be my little sister's boyfriend and my little sister can't have a boyfriend"
What is this? Volume 7 condensed into 1 episode?
Old 2013-04-27, 12:12   Link #157
Lohha

Quote:
Oreimo Episode 5 - "I can't be my little sister's boyfriend and my little sister can't have a boyfriend"
What is this? Volume 7 condensed into 1 episode?

I think its more like:

Episode 5: the date + Kirino saying "I have a boyfriend"
Episode 6: Comiket + the confrontation with the boyfriend
Old 2013-04-27, 12:35   Link #158
icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohha View Post
I think its more like:

Episode 5: the date + Kirino saying "I have a boyfriend"
Episode 6: Comiket + the confrontation with the boyfriend
Personal opinion, if that was the case the Episode 5 would be "I can't be my little sister's boyfriend" and Episode 6 would be "My little sister can't have a boyfriend".
Old 2013-04-27, 18:29   Link #159
Soverence

Quote:
Personal opinion, if that was the case the Episode 5 would be "I can't be my little sister's boyfriend" and Episode 6 would be "My little sister can't have a boyfriend".
I feel like episode 5 will be the date and end on a cliffhanger with her saying she has a boyfriend leading into episode 6 which will be the whole confrontation and such. I really don't see how it would be possible for them to effectively cover all of volume 7 in one episode, if they did I feel like it would just be a rushed mess.
Old 2013-05-01, 05:14   Link #160
icebreaker

There's no Mikagami in the preview. There's probably hope!
Closed Thread