AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 18:52   Link #21
Godai-AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I was reading tsubasa chronicle along with xxxholic, and every chapter makes me go WTF, i thought i know the character and plot, next thing you know that your assumptions is completely wrong

And there are other plots out there, such as Suzumya haruhi, the plot makes no sense to me, there is this guy who met this girl, and she is some kind of... and here comes the time loop, what???

And i never forget confusing stuffs in evagelion and rahxephon, so confused

These are just some of the example that i have seen, and i want to see more opinions on more confusing things

Haruhi Suzumiya is basically this: Haruhi is a god, but doesn't know it, and there is an alien (well, alien cyborg), an esper, and a time traveller, whose job it is to either A) observer her, or B) keep her entertained so that she doesn't rewrite the world.

Evangelion is a bit simpler once you realize that the religious stuff is mumbo jumbo and it's really a 26 episode therapy session for director Hideaki Anno. I still love it , though.
Godai-AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 19:33   Link #22
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godai-AK View Post
Haruhi Suzumiya is basically this: Haruhi is a god, but doesn't know it, and there is an alien (well, alien cyborg), an esper, and a time traveller, whose job it is to either A) observer her, or B) keep her entertained so that she doesn't rewrite the world.

Evangelion is a bit simpler once you realize that the religious stuff is mumbo jumbo and it's really a 26 episode therapy session for director Hideaki Anno. I still love it , though.
This reminds me of a discussion i had with a guy that claimed that without a deep knowledge of the cabal you couldn't understand a damn thing about the anime. Apparently according to him anything could be explained interpreting the story through the sephiroticum system. According to me his theories were an incredible display of mental mansturbation.

Back on topic, Haruhi is not that confusing, i've seen worse a lot worse. Certainly the anime doesn't explain why and how Haruhi is a god or, more importantly, what happened three years before the story. I guess this is explained in the novels 'though... i haven't read them.

Evangelion is understandable after a while but there are still many questions that are never answered. Why would someone want to unite all the umanity in a single being? What exactly are we supposed to achieve with that? How exactly the different methods (Gendo's, Seele's, Rei's) differed? Where the hell angels come from?

Rahxephon is comparable to evangelion just a little less problematic to understand. Now i've been watching it many years ago so i don't really remember the details but i remember the question that rose in my mind: why all this mess if in the end everyone had the very same objective? What did they fight for?

As for Akira i do remember that after seeing the movie i was quite confused. There are too many things that are not explained. Who are exactly the espers, who is Akira? However the manga explain all of that in detail and nothing is left unanswered.

Anyway i will side with Aohige and i will claim that Mamoru Oshi wins the thread.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 17:03   Link #23
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Evangelion is understandable after a while but there are still many questions that are never answered. Why would someone want to unite all the umanity in a single being? What exactly are we supposed to achieve with that? How exactly the different methods (Gendo's, Seele's, Rei's) differed? Where the hell angels come from?
many of the questions aren't answered for certain, but the answers are heavily hinted at. This makes sense as it allows for more room for development of other aspects of the film such as the character's psyches.

But I would agree that it was pretty confusing. But if it wasn't confusing it might not have been as good.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:22   Link #24
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Furi Kuri!!

Still love it.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:39   Link #25
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

sometimes when things get confusing, it would be either turns out to be deep and awesome, or backfire on the company.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:36   Link #26
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
Quote:
sometimes when things get confusing, it would be either turns out to be deep and awesome, or backfire on the company.
yes, i second that. cause only an extremely limited number of people enjoy brainless confusion. i enjoyed furi kuri and EVA even though i didnt understand
ABSOLUTELY anything at first. theres a certain perverted pleasure in turning off your brain and just go WTF? 20 times an ep.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 22:18   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
wait, what, he did that, wow i dont remember that
I've read elsewhere that Anno included that scene as a negative reaction to the doujinshi and "fanart" that grew up around Evangelion. I'm just guessing, but Rei and FF's TIfa are probably close competitors for the award for "2D girl most often drawn in a compromising position." Asuka's probably a not-too-distant third.

Among recent shows, I'd nominate both of Shirow's works, Ghost Hound and Real Drive as pretty confusing. Like Ergo Proxy, both these shows left me wondering whether I missed something profound, or whether it wasn't really there to begin with. (Let me hasten to add that I enjoyed both Ghost Hound and Ergo Proxy; I was more mixed about Real Drive.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:36   Link #28
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
God .... scratch Furi Kuri ....
First episode of 'Pani Poni Dash!' ist the most confsing thing I ever saw - instant drop XD
Hoped through the whole thing it was some crazy shit like 'school project' (haruhi suzumiya anyone?) or a dream, but nope.
I watched it with a friend and we watched in total disbelief while asking questions like:

"Is that plush thingy her servant?"

"Was that a cucumber in the background just now?"
"..... Thought it was a melon."

"Did a cat in the clouds ... just fish out a fish out of the sky?"

I'm normally a fan of randomness ... but that was .... too much, too fast, too blatantly thrown at me. It didn't make me laugh ... just made me confused without end.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:40   Link #29
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
The End of Vampire Knight ...
Old 2009-04-29, 02:23   Link #30
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

On a recent note, eden of the east, especially the first ep
Spoiler for ep1:
im sure that the story will be explained in detail (hopefully )

something similar: darker than black, so many plotholes
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 20:29   Link #31
Eater of All
NOM

- Definitely FLCL, because that is one series I can proudly declare to have no idea what in the hell happened after interpreting it forward, backwards, sideways, or even upwards. I just know that a particular set of eyebrows happens to be quite mesmerizing.
- Higurashi S1, without S2 to help. It was intended to be confusing, so no surprises there.
- Air and its crazy arcs. It was in my early anime days, though, so it might make more sense if I rewatch it again.
- Munto (TV)
Old 2009-04-30, 21:56   Link #32
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Evangelion, yeah, I love the characters and action. But...like...WTF man?

Yeah, I'm pointing at you End of Evangelion.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 22:52   Link #33
Godai-AK

Higurashi.

Spoiler for Higurashi episode 4:

Then...

Spoiler for Higurashi episode 5:
Godai-AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 13:39   Link #34
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Evangelion. WTF was that?! I don't even know WHY I sat through those last two episodes of crazy talk.
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 14:06   Link #35
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
- Definitely FLCL, because that is one series I can proudly declare to have no idea what in the hell happened after interpreting it forward, backwards, sideways, or even upwards. I just know that a particular set of eyebrows happens to be quite mesmerizing.
I so agree...That series so just brain drained me.
Old 2009-05-01, 14:26   Link #36
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Evangelion is understandable after a while but there are still many questions that are never answered. Why would someone want to unite all the umanity in a single being? What exactly are we supposed to achieve with that?
Perfection. The AT fields that separate us humans make us imperfect--they make us self-centered.

Quote:
How exactly the different methods (Gendo's, Seele's, Rei's) differed?
Gendo had a completely different reason for doing what he did (see Yui).

Quote:
Where the hell angels come from?
That certainly doesn't have an answer, but in the context of the series I don't really think it's a question that requires one (and yeah, I think making all those speculations of religious nature about the angels' origin is kinda stupid and missing the point of the series).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 16:01   Link #37
Ender!
Spiral

Send a message via AIM to Ender! Send a message via MSN to Ender!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
I so agree...That series so just brain drained me.
I agree with that also. xD I feel it killed a few bran cells.

(wow I misspelled brain) -.-
Ender! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-01, 18:49   Link #38
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania