AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-12-09, 01:11   Link #4361
dragon1412

sale wise, Rokujouma is pretty normal on the higher side, it sell well, but not quite enough to be super hit like Konosuba or Rezero

generally, it's very hard for LN to be axed anyway
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 01:28   Link #4362
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
sale wise, Rokujouma is pretty normal on the higher side, it sell well, but not quite enough to be super hit like Konosuba or Rezero

What you say first is mostly correct, Rokujouma is always in the top 10 when a volume comes out, and can be considered a successful novel.

But the "It's very rare for a LN to be axed" is totally wrong. Most people don't notice because if it's not translated nobody knows about it, but TONS of LNs are axed after 3, 4 or 5 volumes if lucky (most of the time it's 3-4).

A few of them prepared a concise story and it ends fine, but the rest is just full of rushed endings and forced development leading to them.

That's why now I wait for at least 4-5 volumes for LNs before reading. Once volume 4-5 passed, you know that at least the author will have enough leeway to make a good end.

By the way, I'm not saying LNs with less than 4-5 volumes are bad, just that the chances of the author having the rush the ending are high, so I'm a little reluctant to read them, unless it's confirmed the ending is good and not rushed. And that's what bookmeter and amazon are for.
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 01:37   Link #4363
oristo42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post

I never expect Rokujouma to be popular like Konosuba or Rezero, but I just wished it was more popular. It is good that it is still having moderate success. I can't help but to wish for second season though. The first season ended before the good parts and first season was still good. And, the recent arc makes me want full adaptation of whole series. I know that will never happen when Konosuba itself is having hard time getting third season (if it ever gets one), but I can dream right?

Last edited by oristo42; 2017-12-09 at 01:38. Reason: Added more sentences.
oristo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 08:29   Link #4364
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
What you say first is mostly correct, Rokujouma is always in the top 10 when a volume comes out, and can be considered a successful novel.

But the "It's very rare for a LN to be axed" is totally wrong. Most people don't notice because if it's not translated nobody knows about it, but TONS of LNs are axed after 3, 4 or 5 volumes if lucky (most of the time it's 3-4).

A few of them prepared a concise story and it ends fine, but the rest is just full of rushed endings and forced development leading to them.

That's why now I wait for at least 4-5 volumes for LNs before reading. Once volume 4-5 passed, you know that at least the author will have enough leeway to make a good end.

By the way, I'm not saying LNs with less than 4-5 volumes are bad, just that the chances of the author having the rush the ending are high, so I'm a little reluctant to read them, unless it's confirmed the ending is good and not rushed. And that's what bookmeter and amazon are for.
many of them are actually author ending it themselves rather than being axed, And I mean that it's simply harder for LN to get axed, not saying that they can't be, and compare to manga rate, it is massively better for LN to survive

generally, many LN having the issues of " the author suddenly have new idea, wrote to the publisher and not planning ahead" is why the new novels died quickly, since they ran out of what to write at 2 or 3 vols. It is not the same as manga when you can use art to compensate what is lacking. and the content in 1 books is different. LN cost is also cheaper, as well as the publisher is rather lenient with the publishing date so LN have low chance of getting axed
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-09, 09:20   Link #4365
NeoAnkara

Actually Rokujouma is the highest selling title from HJ Bunko. It just that HJ Bunko is not that big magazine according to some talk I have with one who is more knowledgeable.

The result will be different if say it is published in MF Bunko J.
Old 2017-12-09, 10:06   Link #4366
oristo42

I wonder if we would have gotten Season 2 if Rokujouma was published by different LN company. I heard that Hobby Japan is dirt poor.

Shame too since HJ Press has a lot of good LN series that should be animated.
Old 2017-12-09, 10:44   Link #4367
oristo42

Just Read Elfaria Side Story in Baka Tsuki.

Quote:
Elfaria wanted more direct praise. Elfaria was a woman, so there were times she wanted to hear those words clearly. And if that actually happened, she would… Those kind of feelings dwelled in her chest.
I think it is obvious Elfaria is still in love with Koutarou as a woman.
Old 2017-12-09, 19:02   Link #4368
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oristo42 View Post
Just Read Elfaria Side Story in Baka Tsuki.

I think it is obvious Elfaria is still in love with Koutarou as a woman.
Of course she does, that why she decided to became Kou's "Mother" to fill the hole in Kou's heart that none of the other girls can fill
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 17:11   Link #4369
Hamazura_Shiage

Elfaria does love him, but she is going to be his mother figure, he doesn't need just a lover, he also needs a mother.
Old 2017-12-12, 13:28   Link #4370
oristo42

I forgot, but did the book explain why the room was filled spiritual and magical power?
Old 2017-12-16, 17:11   Link #4371
Silvertail

Question. I tried registering on to J-Novel, but it wouldn't it work. Something about "email-taken {object Object}". What did I do wrong. I want to read Rokujouma.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 07:39   Link #4372
Alexb37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
Question. I tried registering on to J-Novel, but it wouldn't it work. Something about "email-taken {object Object}". What did I do wrong. I want to read Rokujouma.
Try google + account
Alexb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-20, 23:54   Link #4373
Hamazura_Shiage

Girls being girls, nothing exciting happened but this is the kind of Vol that I love. These two chapters increased my desires for an harem ending, all of them deserves to be happy =3
Old 2017-12-21, 01:00   Link #4374
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamazura_Shiage View Post
Girls being girls, nothing exciting happened but this is the kind of Vol that I love. These two chapters increased my desires for an harem ending, all of them deserves to be happy =3
with all the hints scattered around, a harem ending is pretty much a given
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2017-12-21, 01:45   Link #4375
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

I may have only seen the anime but a LN series would need ample sales to last over 20 volumes.
Old 2017-12-21, 02:50   Link #4376
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
I may have only seen the anime but a LN series would need ample sales to last over 20 volumes.
It's already near 30 volumes, though
Old 2017-12-21, 03:09   Link #4377
MPT

If you count the volume that came with the anime, it's already there.
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 06:51   Link #4378
NeoAnkara

Of course I cannot extract from JNC but is someone here have Harumi exercise illustration? That one is really cute.
Old 2017-12-21, 06:53   Link #4379
MPT

I can't get them easily on my phone, but the folder I linked way in the past should have up to date illustrations in
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 13:00   Link #4380
NeoAnkara

Need to do a little dig before found it.

Cuteness overload!!!

Tags
aliens, comedy, fantasy, harem, harmonious relationship, knights, magical girls, romance, shounen, time travel