AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2017-12-08, 13:21   Link #1861
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Great. So Honne become an IS pilot as she got her own personal IS unit now?
We've known this for over a month. It's literally been stated several times over the past couple of pages?
Old 2017-12-10, 01:26   Link #1862
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Is Tatenashi still training Ichika since after the World Purge events? If so, what progress he have made so far? The reason why I asked because she claimed herself as his special coach ever since her arrival at IS Academy.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-10, 05:30   Link #1863
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
Is Tatenashi still training Ichika since after the World Purge events? If so, what progress he have made so far? The reason why I asked because she claimed herself as his special coach ever since her arrival at IS Academy.
No. Tatenashi has been his coach since they met. Tatenashi has been attending the academy since long before Ichika. Hence her being Student Council President.
And no, not exclusively. They all train him a bit.
Old 2017-12-11, 14:00   Link #1864
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
No. Tatenashi has been his coach since they met. Tatenashi has been attending the academy since long before Ichika. Hence her being Student Council President.
yet he still hasn't level up as much, & now since tatenashi is official a member of the harem, this could interfere with ichika's progress
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 03:21   Link #1865
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
I see that Tatenashi have been attending IS Academy long before Ichika came. She haven't train Ichika since after the World Purge event. So, Houki and the other IS girls train him a bit ever since that incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
yet he still hasn't level up as much, & now since tatenashi is official a member of the harem, this could interfere with ichika's progress
So Ichika didn't level up since that day. It's going to be a long, long while before he can catch up with any one of the girl. I guess Kanzashi wants to train him too, huh? But I bet she'll claim as she can train him more effectively than any one ever could. If that happens, then all of the IS girls will be fighting over not only for his affection, but also fighting over who gets to train him as well.

I know that I may have asked you guy this before but. Has Ichika Orimura won anything at all yet?

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2017-12-14 at 10:38.
Old 2017-12-12, 05:31   Link #1866
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
I see that Tatenashi have been attending IS Academy long before Ichika came. She haven't train Ichika since after the World Purge event. So, Houki and the other IS girls train him a bit ever since that incident.

So Ichika didn't level up since that day. It's going to be a long, long while before he can catch up with any one of the girl. I guess Kanzashi wants to train him too, huh? But I bet she'll claim as she can train him more effectively than any one ever could. If that happens, then all of the IS girls will be fighting over not only for his affection, but also fighting over who gets to train him as well.

I know that I may have asked you guy this before but. Has Ichika Orimura won anything at all yet
He beat Laura and the VT-system in Volume 2, the Silver Gospel in Voume 3, some Golems in Volume 7 with Kanzashi, the false Ichikas in Volume 8, and the Excalibur Satellite in Volume 11.

So yes.
Old 2017-12-12, 20:15   Link #1867
lovetospoon73

Quote:
He beat Laura and the VT-system in Volume 2, the Silver Gospel in Voume 3, some Golems in Volume 7 with Kanzashi, the false Ichikas in Volume 8, and the Excalibur Satellite in Volume 11.

So yes.
yet we haven't seen him winning any fights against phantom task IS pilots
Old 2017-12-12, 20:37   Link #1868
bakato

Quote:
Not counting that crap with Laura, he has NEVER won a battle alone.
Old 2017-12-12, 20:40   Link #1869
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
And who exactly has won against PT pilots? (excluding Chifuyu and Tabane of course).

In terms of skills, this is my TWO cents, Ichika can beat ALL of his harem EXCEPT Chifuyu (duh) and Tatenashi. It's just the mech that fails him. I mean, he nearly won against Lin BEFORE he went second shift and once, he got it, he lost to her?!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 21:32   Link #1870
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And who exactly has won against PT pilots? (excluding Chifuyu and Tabane of course).

In terms of skills, this is my TWO cents, Ichika can beat ALL of his harem EXCEPT Chifuyu (duh) and Tatenashi. It's just the mech that fails him. I mean, he nearly won against Lin BEFORE he went second shift and once, he got it, he lost to her?!
I'm inclined to agree, honestly, with the exception of Houki, whom I think he'd draw with.
Old 2017-12-13, 00:49   Link #1871
blitz1/2

Quote:
I'm inclined to agree, honestly, with the exception of Houki, whom I think he'd draw with.
Houki doesn't exactly have good skills, it's just her 4th gen mech is hax. (Possibly unlimited recovery, danmaku blades and WMD crossbow.)

Old 2017-12-13, 02:39   Link #1872
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Houki doesn't exactly have good skills, it's just her 4th gen mech is hax. (Possibly unlimited recovery, danmaku blades and WMD crossbow.)
...Clearly you didn’t read Volume 7 or watch IS2. There, it is made bluntly clear that Houki’s skills as a pilot have jumped from a level D to Level S after only a few months since receiving Akatsubaki thanks to training with Tabane. You might have wanted to double-check that before claiming it’s just her IS.

Besides, I’d argue that the Akatsubaki is no more hax than the Setsura anyway.

Last edited by The Chaos Entity; 2017-12-13 at 06:42.
The Chaos Entity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-13, 11:04   Link #1873
blitz1/2

Quote:
...Clearly you didnít read Volume 7 or watch IS2. There, it is made bluntly clear that Houkiís skills as a pilot have jumped from a level D to Level S after only a few months since receiving Akatsubaki thanks to training with Tabane. You might have wanted to double-check that before claiming itís just her IS.

Besides, Iíd argue that the Akatsubaki is no more hax than the Setsura anyway.
Its not "skill", its compatibility. And Tatenashi thinks that it was simply tabane tampering the system to read S,

Old 2017-12-14, 10:51   Link #1874
Chaos-Zero

Quote:

So yes.
I see that Ichika beat some opponents such as Laura as she uses her VT-system to copy Chifuyu, which makes Ichika ticked. Then he beat some Golems with Kanzashi, the fake Ichikas, and the Excalibur Satellite. Well, that's good to know. As for the Silver Gospel, I don't think it count because the battle with that out of out control mech is a group effort as his IS harem slows the Gospel down, then Ichika deals it with the finishing blow.
Old 2017-12-16, 16:06   Link #1875
Silvertail

I have a theory about why Ichika seem dumb even through studies and trains. Perhaps The Orimura siblings are enhanced from birth. Which could explain why Ichika can pilot the IS and why Chifuyu is so strong (she admitted she's not a normal human). But Ichikas' brain was badly injury by one of his sisters and was left a shell of himself. This would also explain why he doesn't remember his earliest childhood.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 16:31   Link #1876
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I have a theory about why Ichika seem dumb even through studies and trains. Perhaps The Orimura siblings are enhanced from birth. Which could explain why Ichika can pilot the IS and why Chifuyu is so strong (she admitted she's not a normal human). But Ichikas' brain was badly injury by one of his sisters and was left a shell of himself. This would also explain why he doesn't remember his earliest childhood.
Define "dumb". To me dense =/= dumb. Another thing is Ichika really "dumb" in his studies? I mean, when did the LN even focus on his studies other than him accidentally losing the textbook in the first LN

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2017-12-16 at 17:27.
Old 2017-12-16, 17:23   Link #1877
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
I have a theory about why Ichika seem dumb
Liquid Snake: "YOU GOT ALL THE GOOD GENES!"

Sorry. Just had to sneak that in somewhere.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 17:54   Link #1878
Silvertail

I mean he not as smart as he should be. In Volume 1 Chapter 1, it said he was a grade A student before he was forced to go to the IS Academy. And the only reason why he was behind everyone was because he didn't know he could pilot the IS before, so he had no reason to study about it.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 21:08   Link #1879
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
I have a theory about why Ichika seem dumb even through studies and trains. Perhaps The Orimura siblings are enhanced from birth. Which could explain why Ichika can pilot the IS and why Chifuyu is so strong (she admitted she's not a normal human). But Ichika's brain was badly injury by one of his sisters and was left a shell of himself. This would also explain why he doesn't remember his earliest childhood.
Let's not forget that the parents have abandoned Ichika and Chifuyu as children. They didn't raise them. So Madoka is the one that damage Ichika's brain. I'd asked himself almost the same thing about Ichika's idiocy.
Old 2017-12-17, 09:30   Link #1880
lovetospoon73

Quote:
I mean he not as smart as he should be. In Volume 1 Chapter 1, it said he was a grade A student before he was forced to go to the IS Academy. And the only reason why he was behind everyone was because he didn't know he could pilot the IS before, so he had no reason to study about it.
don't forget since coming to the academy the girls tried to help him out, but in reality they tried to get out of the friendzone with him

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, mecha, romance, school life, sci-fi, shounen, stupid protagonist